Spin off: Articles, studies, etc. about ketoconazole (miconazole nitrate)

HoneyDew

I posted this on another thread. I thought I would put it in a new thread for those that may miss it. I know that others had been looking for more info.

You guys may have seen these if you did research, as well, but it is still decent info to post.

HoneyDew said:
I can post a few.

1. I use DermaDoctor products for my sensitive skin. I also use her product that contains MN. It is not cheap but it is moisturizing and I love it.

Anyway, she has an article (http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter176.asp?WID={2D8ACC6C-4756-4495-9023-F639A76C30C2}) on dandruff that lists over the counter treatments, one including Ketoconazole (Nizoral). I also heard this from my own dermatologist when I inquired about the safety of using MN on my scalp. Dr. Kunin (dermadoctor creator) actually suggest her own MN cream for facial dandruff, as well.

2. Topical application of ketoconazole stimulates hair growth in C3H/HeN mice.

3. Ketoconazole Shampoo: Effect of Long-Term Use in Androgenic Alopecia This is a PDF Document.

4. Nizoral 1% Study Shows Benefits for Androgenetic Alopecia I have seen many hair loss/growth site mention this one.

5. A Nizoral Forum

These are just a few of the sites I've referenced before I decided that it was safe for me to try using an 'azole med on my scalp.

I admit my reason for using it is only vanity and impatience. I don't have hair loss problems at all. I had to cut my hair in some very odd places after I got matting from leaving a sew in too long. Some places were 1 inch, others were 7 inches. It was bad. I am not even trying to get extra long hair in record time, I just want those spots to catch up so that I can move on. MN is helping me accomplish that.