SPIN OFF: IS ANYONE WILLING TO BE MY TRANSITIONING PARTNER?

Nanyanika

You may all have read or replied to my recent thread about throwing in the towel for transitioning. I seriously need the extra support, is there anymore willing to be my transitioning partner to exchange info, products, regimes, support etc. I feel so alone and I would appreciate, so HELP.

Girl stop trippin you know you can IM, PM or email me anytime! I have a dramatically difefrent textures and Im new to the game so I guess we can stuggle together. Just think of how far you've come! Anyways Im here if you nee dme. Not a problem at all and my email is [email protected]

beyondcute said:
Girl stop trippin you know you can IM, PM or email me anytime! I have a dramatically difefrent textures and Im new to the game so I guess we can stuggle together. Just think of how far you've come! Anyways Im here if you nee dme. Not a problem at all and my email is [email protected]
Aww thank-you so much, at least i have someone to share the pain with. my email address [email protected]. how are you getting on with the C and g challenge?

Den,
It also helps to buddy up with someone who is at the same point as you. For example, I am almost 3 months post so it would be helpful if I found someone with 3 months post as well.
I am glad beyondcute volunteered as well.

Hi all! I am almost 4 months in my transition and I need help!!! My hair is pretty thick and I am not too sure on my hair type. I need a buddy!:)

I'm certainly willing to be someone's transitioning buddy.

Only thing is...

I'm doing the BC in 11 weeks. ;)

Cheleigh said:
I'm certainly willing to be someone's transitioning buddy.

Only thing is...

I'm doing the BC in 11 weeks. ;)
You don't need one then. Your doing very well already. Are they're any 4b ladies, that would consider being my transitioning partner. It helps when someone has the same hair type, the only person who is definitely my hair twin is JenniferMD but she's not transitioning.

I need a buddy also that will keep me focused so I won't go back to a relaxer. It's in my siggy how long I've been without a relaxer.

Tene said:
I need a buddy also that will keep me focused so I won't go back to a relaxer. It's in my siggy how long I've been without a relaxer.
How's it going so far? my email address is above i need as much help as possible and i'm sure you would appreciate support too.

mscounselor said:
Den,
It also helps to buddy up with someone who is at the same point as you. For example, I am almost 3 months post so it would be helpful if I found someone with 3 months post as well.
I am glad beyondcute volunteered as well.
Yes, that's a very good suggestion. thanks

I'm almost at month 10, with 7+ months to go. Partnering up would be great, PM me! Anyone else bcing around the sametime? long transitioner? 10 months post?

Tene said:
You and I are almost at the same time. pm me if you would like to be my transitioning buddy.
The 21st will be 3months

So ladies how about we make this the official 'help me' thread? Everytime were feeling down and reaching for that creamy substance lets post here and bump it up for replies?!

Man I saw some relaxed hair today that made me long for some Affirm! But I went into my fotki and looked agt my blwoout pics and realized I could get the same look temporarily for $20 :) Anybody else feeling down? Den 1 what exactly made you feel a lil weak?

Come on ladies we can do it!! Also these timelines are a littel scattered. Ill post a poll to get us grouped together. In your replies tell which group youre in....

Okay i dotn know how to make a poll but her eis the info I collected so far:

Ms Portugal: brand new
Tene: 2 months
Ms Counselor: 3 months
Bludacious: ~4 months~ (rounded up)
Cres812000: 4 months
Beyondcute: 7.5 months
Nubianqt86: 10 months
Chelegh: soon to BC!!!

Den 1 I know you are far into transition but I dont know specifically. BTW C and G is workign fine! Im in cornrows right now and my scalp is a bit itchy but I think thats from its being exposed to the weather. When its well moisturized its fine. And i like not having to worry about stylign my hai rin the morning :) An instant hairstyle and a GREAT time saver! How u liking your braids?

Anyone else need soem help and/or inspiration? And to those already here what are soem of your concerns?

Can I join. I'm currently 25 weeks post relaxed and a 4z. The only thing that stops me from relaxing with I feel the urge is because of my damaged scalp.

den1 said:
How's it going so far? my email address is above i need as much help as possible and i'm sure you would appreciate support too.

So far it's going good, I can't wait to see what my real hair looks like. My email address is [email protected]

beyondcute said:
Okay i dotn know how to make a poll but her eis the info I collected so far:

Den 1 I know you are far into transition but I dont know specifically. BTW C and G is workign fine! Im in cornrows right now and my scalp is a bit itchy but I think thats from its being exposed to the weather. When its well moisturized its fine. And i like not having to worry about stylign my hai rin the morning :) An instant hairstyle and a GREAT time saver! How u liking your braids?

Anyone else need soem help and/or inspiration? And to those already here what are soem of your concerns?
styling my hair W/O braids/weave!! I loved my flat twist out both times I got them, I just wish I could do other things. I did bantu knots and they came out horrible which is ironic since I had done them before and didn't have a problem. I think its hard for me because Im afraid of pulling my hair out so I tend not to want to try anything new.

beyondcute said:
So ladies how about we make this the official 'help me' thread? Everytime were feeling down and reaching for that creamy substance lets post here and bump it up for replies?!

Man I saw some relaxed hair today that made me long for some Affirm! But I went into my fotki and looked agt my blwoout pics and realized I could get the same look temporarily for $20 :) Anybody else feeling down? Den 1 what exactly made you feel a lil weak?

Come on ladies we can do it!! Also these timelines are a littel scattered. Ill post a poll to get us grouped together. In your replies tell which group youre in....
How could you ask that? lol My coarse hair made my feel like running to the relaxer lol. if you know the pain i went through tonight, my niece was trying to comb my hair, the tangles and soreness made me almost cry and piss myself. I'm over a year into my transition, i hope to have near shoulder length natural in Dec 2006, before cutting the relaxed ends off. i'm glad the cg method is going well for you. don't be fooled by the new pic in siggy, old hair pic from last year. I'm having a set of cornrows on monday and i'm taking my vits to help soften my newgrowth.

Last edited:
Sawnee66: ~6 months~
Den 1: 12 months +

Well Den 1 since youre braiding up why not join us for C+G?

Shawnee66, damaged scalp? Wow! Some people just cant handle those relaxers. Glad youre letting your scalp heal!

So my first question to the longer transitioners is how do you keep the patience? Im so impatient. Thats how I ended up with the hair cut I have now :lol:

beyondcute said:
Sawnee66: ~6 months~
Den 1: 12 months +

Well Den 1 since youre braiding up why not join us for C+G?

Shawnee66, damaged scalp? Wow! Some people just cant handle those relaxers. Glad youre letting your scalp heal!

So my first question to the longer transitioners is how do you keep the patience? Im so impatient. Thats how I ended up with the hair cut I have now :lol:
I would love join, but i' can't because i won't be subscribing to the forum anymore after the renewal date. That's why i have to send emails instead.

Back