• 100_0304.jpg
    100_0304.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_0305.jpg
    100_0305.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

back2relaxed

I'm getting a relaxer on Friday, its been 13 weeks since I last had a touch up. I was in a weave for 8 of those weeks. My hair has grown like gangbusters since then. I have gone from a pixie cut, like my siggy to a very very short "bob". I'm not sure what I'll be doing w/it when I get my relaxer on Friday(cut/not to cut), but I'll make sure I post the results, before and after!

Raspberry

Got a virgin relaxer today and I'm happy with the results! I wasn't sure what kind of damage may have been caused from picking out my locs so I was bracing myself for a major trim. Fortunately my hair turned out to be very healthy and only about 1.5 inches was cut. The stylist was great, she's into healthy hair techniques so I didn't have to talk her out of anything.. She was also very impressed with how moisturized my hair was - shout out to @Sistaslick's relaxer prep tips.

When she saw me taking out my big twists she said "I don't think I can do this to you" I said "Yes you can!" :lol::lol:

6 weeks ago:

Right before the relaxer:

Post Relaxer:
I was exhausted taking these pics and I couldn't manage to get a good length shot. I'm between SL and APL in the back. This is the longest relaxed hair I've ever had so I'm happy to start at this point :).

sunnieb

Raspberry - thanks for the tag!

Your relaxed hair journey is amazing! Your hair looked gorgeous natural and now it's gorgeous relaxed!

How does it feel? :)

Raspberry

@Raspberry - thanks for the tag!

Your relaxed hair journey is amazing! Your hair looked gorgeous natural and now it's gorgeous relaxed!

How does it feel? :)

Thanks sunnieb!

I love the way my hair looks and feels but its definitely an adjustment. For example, I had to go and buy a comb yesterday :lol: I haven't used one in years. I'm also getting used to actually handling my relaxed hair, I keep touching it extra gently lol.

I'm so glad to have LHCF because I was clueless about how to set it at night but remembered seeing pin curl tutorials so I tried that out and my hair was presentable for work.. loosely waved.

I'm going to try to avoid PJ'ism.. went through that when I was a loose natural and still have a ton of products left over. I picked up a couple leave-ins at Sally's and a few accessories but plan to stick to a simple regimen and minimal heat.

My next experiments are co-washing and air drying after I go to the gym Saturday. I also need to learn how to bun.

leona2025

Here are my relaxer results. I self relaxed with gentle treatment regular. This is my new go to relaxer. I used as a teen and then left it for some reason. I went to the salon the next day for a wash and dc and flatiron. Happy!

bebezazueta

leona2025 WOW! just beautiful! The length, the health, the shine- I love it all.

I'm freshly relaxed but I will have to actually do something to my hair before I reveal in this thread. LOL

sweetnlow06

I'm 4 weeks post and I went to a dominican salon today and got a wash/set/trim. I had a good experience. Here are a couple pics.

janeemat

Here are my relaxer results. I self relaxed with gentle treatment regular. This is my new go to relaxer. I used as a teen and then left it for some reason. I went to the salon the next day for a wash and dc and flatiron. Happy!

This is so pretty!

bebezazueta

I'm guilty of relaxing and airdrying. No style. No curls. Sorry

Here's my airdried hair prior to relaxer

I have beaucoup layers growing out

I relaxed on Wednesday. DCed for 26 hours. LOL! Airdried and combed. That's it. I have a V growing in. I will let it be & blunt cut when I reach my goal. I'm just dusting til then.

Solitude

I relaxed on August 28, 2011 and although I still have a ways to grow (my hair was past APL before I cut it in May :sad:), it is growing back pretty well. Yay for retention! :grin: I'm focusing on protective styling and trying to keep my hair moisturized in between washings. For reference, my hair was chin-length/nape-length and overprocessed when I joined LHCF.

Hosted on Fotki

trendsetta25

I relaxed on August 28, 2011 and although I still have a ways to grow (my hair was past APL before I cut it in May :sad:), it is growing back pretty well. Yay for retention! :grin: I'm focusing on protective styling and trying to keep my hair moisturized in between washings. For reference, my hair was chin-length/nape-length and overprocessed when I joined LHCF.

Hosted on Fotki

@Solitude your hair is just :lick:....thick and luscious

HauteHippie

EtherealEnigma did you relax at home? did you use the same relaxer/texturizer?

I ended up going to the salon last week instead of Saturday to relax. She did a corrective over the texlax with Salerm 21(?), but it didn't take completely. We'll try again in December.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

sunnieb

@sunnieb I can not wait to see your reveal!

Can't wait either:grin:

Waiting on @sunnieb's reveal!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

@sunnieb - you have a lot of folks waiting...I'm on the lookout myself.

:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alright! Alright! I'm neutralizing right now. Dang! :lachen:
I was thinking of drying my hair in a wrap so it would dry faster. I don't have time to rollerset today. I'll post pics in a little while. I promise! :grin:

trendsetta25

@sunnieb you got us patiently waiting on this reveal :boredwrk:

RELAXING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

it's bee n 22 long a$$ weeks!

I will be recording my process....stay tuned....

in case you guys forgot what my new growth looked like :perplexed