Spinny: The Relaxer "Reveal" Thread!!!!

sunnieb

Lol! My reveal isn't worth the hype! :p

Not dry yet, but I'm so happy with my results!

My "before" pic taken this morning @ 14 weeks post
View attachment 125725

Wet hair after relaxer and dc
uploadfromtaptalk1317413311286.jpg

"after" pic coming soon!

Sent from my Comet

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317413069541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317413069541.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

nickpoopie

bebezazueta
how do you manage to get your roots straight. I'm currently 14 weeks post relaxer and I rollerset my hair a couple of days ago and when I combed it out, let's just say my hair is now in a bun.

simplyconfident

These pics are actually two weeks post but I thought I'd post anyways. I relaxed after a six month stretch (another failed attempt to transition lol ). I also got my hair cut into layers ( i dislike straight hair). I cut my APL hair to neck length in Oct 2010 so I'm very pleased with the length Ive retained for about a years worth of growth. I hope to be full APL by January 2012.

bebezazueta

simplyconfident gorgeous hair! I love your layers!

sunnieb thanks and yes so worth the wait. Your hair is beautiful lady

nickpoopie I'm just 1 week post but I'm getting lots of requests of how I do my roller sets and smooth my roots with no flat iron nor blowdryer. Soooooo when I'm 8 weeks post I'll do a thread with pics & instructions. I hope this is ok and you can wait. If not PM me lady.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@sunnieb - looking good! Great progess.

I CANNOT wait until I get my TU. I still have a few weeks yet before I can get to the salon. When I TU, I'll be around week 13 or 14 when I normally TU around week 10. :spinning: The additional stretch has been unintentional. Work demands followed by personal trips = unintentional stretch.

@bebezazueta - plz tag me when you do the tutorial

mochac2001

These pics are actually two weeks post but I thought I'd post anyways. I relaxed after a six month stretch (another failed attempt to transition lol ). I also got my hair cut into layers ( i dislike straight hair). I cut my APL hair to neck length in Oct 2010 so I'm very pleased with the length Ive retained for about a years worth of growth. I hope to be full APL by January 2012.

You have beautiful hair, definitely hope to get where you are.

sunnieb

bebezazueta - Thank you! I don't really style my hair after I relax. I'm sitting here with 2 bantu knots in right now. I'll take it down and let that be my "after" pic. And tag me on your tutorial! :)

divachyk - you are so sweet! Thanks!

Nix08 - I acutally hit BSL with this relaxer, but I'm not claiming it yet. I still need to trim, so I'm not sure if I'll still be BSL when I'm done. My goal is relaxed tailbone! :lick:

sunnieb

Here's my hair right now. I took the two bantu knots out and fluffed:

uploadfromtaptalk1317488109234.jpg

I tried to do pin curls last night, but they ALL fell out! :nono: I only had the knots in for about an hour, but I gotta leave soon. :ohwell:

Sent from my Comet

Last edited:

belletropjolie

Checking in! Relaxing this weekend and I can't wait! I will be 9 weeks post and really crossing my fingers that I can make my goal of APL. If not this relaxed then my next. I am still undecided on whether to bonelax because I enjoy the fullness I get from uneerprocessing. Anyway I've attached a pic of my new growth, I think I have roughly an inch??

Attachments

• IMG00923-20111005-0924.jpg
    IMG00923-20111005-0924.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 144

nickpoopie

Currently 15 weeks post trying to decide if I'm going to make it to 20 weeks post. Either way I know that I have a couple more weeks before I relax so I will definitely be back with pics

ojemba

This is an old pic (my last salon relaxer in dec 2010) but I wanted to share

My most recent self relaxer in sept 2011 (my 3rd for the year)

ojemba

@ojemba BEAUTIFUL!!! You wear your bra low. You're BSL almost MBL. KEEP GROWING!! ;-)

hair4romheaven Thank you so much.

WOW you really think so? I've been so discouraged it seem like everytime i'm approaching covering my bra I get a trim. I started to refer to my goal as BSB beacause that never changes and I've seen so many variations of how ladies wear there bra, I was confused.

tasha7239

Here is mine. I got a relaxer last Wednesday by dontspeakdefeat.The only thing I will be adjusting is this experimenting with new stuff (color) and my diet. I got some color in the front and I now have some breakage :ohwell:. I also had a terrible flat ironing experience. I will cut it off as I go but I could not part with it this time. I must up my water and take my vits. I also plan on eating better :yep:

Attachments

• Tasha1.jpg
    Tasha1.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Tasha2.jpg
    Tasha2.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Tasha3.jpg
    Tasha3.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 227

bebezazueta

tasha7239 wow! She did an excellent job on your relaxer. Your hair is so thick and shiny. Looks like you doing a good job growing it too. Thanks for sharing!

nakialovesshoes

Here is mine. I got a relaxer last Wednesday by dontspeakdefeat.The only thing I will be adjusting is this experimenting with new stuff (color) and my diet. I got some color in the front and I now have some breakage :ohwell:. I also had a terrible flat ironing experience. I will cut it off as I go but I could not part with it this time. I must up my water and take my vits. I also plan on eating better :yep:

tasha7239 I just PMed you but I forgot to ask - what type of relaxer did DSD use?

JeterCrazed

Freshly relaxed 3 hrs ago after 10 weeks.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317972886660.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317972886660.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1317972907986.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317972907986.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 135
  • uploadfromtaptalk1317972933686.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317972933686.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 132

janeemat

Your hair is beautiful! I do believe I'm going to schedule an appointment with her.