Spinoff: Healthy Hair Doesn't Get Frizzy/Puffy in Humidity???

kiesha8185

This girl I know (waistlength relaxed, I assume it's 4a/b hair) says that her hair doesn't get puffy or frizzy when it's humidy outside when it's properly moisturized. I would definitely say she has a beautiful head hair...fullness, thickness, and length of Loveyaforever. She says she doesn't really get shedding, and has virtually no breakage.

I was always told that when your hair doesn't have enough moisture, it will "pull" moisture from the humidity, which is what causes puffiness and frizz.

Is it true that properly moisturized healthy hair won't be affected by humidity???

glamazon386

She probably meant well moisturized as in having a leave in on her hair. If you put a leave in on wet hair, your hair will suck it up and then there will be no room for humidity to get into the cuticle. So therefore it won't frizz. If I'm not mistaken, once the humidity gets in there it causes the cuticle to swell which leads to frizzy puffy hair.

kiesha8185

She probably meant well moisturized as in having a leave in on her hair. If you put a leave in on wet hair, your hair will suck it up and then there will be no room for humidity to get into the cuticle. So therefore it won't frizz. If I'm not mistaken, once the humidity gets in there it causes the cuticle to swell which leads to frizzy puffy hair.

So I need a leave-in on damp hair and a moisturizer on dry hair? I always what the difference was between the two....:rolleyes:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
So I need a leave-in on damp hair and a moisturizer on dry hair? I always what the difference was between the two....:rolleyes:
A moisturizer infuses moisture into the hair and coats the hair cuticle.

A leave-in prevents breakage by bonding to the cortex and increasing your hair's elasticity and strength. It can also protect your hair from heat.

kiesha8185

A moisturizer infuses moisture into the hair and coats the hair cuticle.

A leave-in prevents breakage by bonding to the cortex and increasing your hair's elasticity and strength. It can also protect your hair from heat.

Thanks sooo much!!