Spinoff: Judge Not

Keen

Am I the only one who struggle with Judge Not? I mean I understand the whole concept of hate the sinner not the sin and I do that. I still find myself in situation saying "I'm not one to judge but..." I could lie to myself sometime and say I'm not judging but deep down I know I am. How do you ladies deal with not judging.

starryeye

It is very hard not to judge but what I find helpful is when I find myself judging I quickly remind myself that I do not know their relationship with the Lord. That I was not always saved and that I "do not" know what God has planned for that person. It helps me a great deal and humbles me as well. HTH!

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I know you meant hate the sin and not the sinner. but yes if we are all truthful there are times we can all be a bit judgemental of others. I know I personally have to put myself in check when I find myself trying to judge another. I think of the scripture where Jesus ask the question "he who is without sin..."

Chrissy811

I try to remember that ALL of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory. I try to remember that there are no perfect people in the world. The only perfect one was Jesus.

Another thing is to try to see yourself in the situation as the one you are judging, how would you have managed that situation? The best thing of all of these is when you feel that rising up in you is to pray your way through it....prayer works.

In Gods Love-Mrs. J

BlkHoneyLuv2U

mrsjones1 said:
I try to remember that ALL of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory. I try to remember that there are no perfect people in the world. The only perfect one was Jesus.

Another thing is to try to see yourself in the situation as the one you are judging, how would you have managed that situation? The best thing of all of these is when you feel that rising up in you is to pray your way through it....prayer works.

In Gods Love-Mrs. J
This is so true, we have to remember that but for the grace of God, there go I.

Keen

Thanks ladies. I do try to keep myself in check and also I don't judge people when i only have one side of the story.

One thing that I find conflicting (sorry I can't give you the exact scripture I'm paraphrasing) is that the bible says if your brother is doing something he is not suppose to do and you don't try to tell him he is not suppose to do that, you are as responsible as he is. To do that would that not be judging?