Spinoff: Naturals and Relaxed- How Do You Wear Your Hair Most Days?

How Do You Wear Your Hair Most Days?

• Out (I Use Heat Every Day or Most Days)

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Protective Style (Wig, Weave, Braids,Twists, Etc.)

Votes: 129 50.8%
  • Low Manipulation Style (Braid-out, Twist-Out, Wash N Go, Etc.)

Votes: 134 52.8%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 15 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glamazon386

In a bun :ohwell: I can't figure out anything else to do with it. I put it away in a weave for the summer because it was driving me crazy.

Qurlyqt

My hair is in a bun MOST of the time. I wear it like that because its easy. :look: I haven't really discovered any additional growth than what I would get if it were loose but it does keep me from wearing wash & go's, which result in more trims due to knots. Therefore, it helps me with retention. :yep:

CofCGrad1997

Relaxed - almost 9 weeks post. I wear WNGs probably 85% of the time; I only straighten my hair for church and going out.

I don't think I'll do PS since I don't like wigs, weaves or braids, but I hope I will soon learn how to do other low manipulation styles.

IrisDaVirus

Wash & go's 24/7 for me, regardless of what season it is. If it's cooler outside I do them at night and clip my hair up so it's dry by the next morning.

Coolata

During the week (for work), I wear 1/2 or 3/4 wigs with my hair cornrowed underneath. On the weekends, I wear my braids under a cap or wash n gos.

lovelexi

I choose other because although i try to do low manipulation styles but i just got a relaxer and i wearing my hair out. i don't use direct heat. but when im going into the stretch...straight low manipulation styles.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
98% of the time its in some kinda bun or updo. The other 2% I do wash and go's. I do this because:

1. I prefer the look PS styles most of the time.
2. I don't like to fuss with my hair too much.

As I get deeper into this stretch, I will be doing WnG's even less, because the more NG I have, the more tangles I get @ the demarcation line.

PearlyCurly

- When i first BCed, it was WnG constantly..every day:grin:
- Then it was twist, buns, some roller sets but still co-washing every day.

- Now its:
1) Buns - im trying dry buning now since i am getting some breakage.
2) Less twisting - only because i need to refill on my twisting products
3) Barely any styling(im getting into more styles though),
4) BARELY any WnGs - because of matting/tangles from WnGoing
5) And i co - wash every 3-5dys, sometimes i dont even co-wash..but my hair is missing co-washing so now i am picking it back up:lick:

Liege4421

I'm in the military (Air Force) so I wear my hair in a single braid every day clipped under. On weekends, I will wash it and wear it in an up-do.

Even if I wasn't military, I work out a lot (sometimes twice a day) so I like wearing a braid because it's fast, easy, and it keeps my hair out of my face when I'm working out. Although...I've noticed some breakage where I clip my hair, so I may have to switch things up :-(

winona

hehehe

I am in the military but even if I wasnt I AM LAZZZZZY

Natural damp hair bun 2-3X a week.

SleekyHair

I voted other. I wear my hair out 90% of the time (I bun when I'm at home). I use heat once a week.

I'm relaxed

Last edited:

SingBrina

I do PS for two weeks and wear my hair straight for two weeks out of the month or PS three times and straight one time out of the month. So basically I use heat once or twice a month.

Curlykale

I used to damp bun and call it a week moisturizing every night. So I've been wearing a messy bun for 2 years and a half and it has worked to grow my natural hair.

My ends then had an argument with me and although I'm a very very no fuss person, I followed the suggestions of the ladies of this forum.
I finally understand why they are all sectioning and braiding their hair when they wash, air dry or sleep. I -hated, hated, hated- the idea, but oh wow what a difference it makes for my ends. So from now on I will wear braidouts and buns on stretched hair.

When my hair gets MBL and I can afford to trim every one or 2 months I'll sometimes enjoy a wash & go. (anything possible to let it grow it now).

Last edited:

Imani

I'm transitioning and on the weekends, my hair is straight like my avitar. But during the work week you will find me in a wig.

Reason is bc I don't put heat on dirty hair and can't maintain my straight style during the week especially if I exercise. When I exercise, i sweat hard and my hair almost fully reverts. also, its pretty short and there aren't many other styles I can do with it. its too short and dense to pull back. I plan to experiment with twist outs/braid outs, but honestly with my hair texture, length, and working out, I will probably end up sticking with the wigs for a while.

Truth

Majority of the time..wash n go's ..every now and then braid outs twist outs or 2 big braids every now n then when I just wanna leave my head alone.

LilMissRed

Natural. Heres my look today and most days:

This will be my first winter natural so I cant decide if I'll do PS's using wigs, sew ins or what :perplexed