Spinoff: Spiritual Alertness

LoveisYou

This thread is inspired by Laela's thread about what goes on in the spiritual realm.

The thread made me realize how important it is to heed the voice of the Holy Spirit. WHile I do know about the spiritual realm and have some awareness, the thread also made me realize that I'm not alert enough about the spiritual realm.

Sometimes I get caught up with life ("business") that I don't pay enough attention, additionally there are some aspects of the spiritual realm that I do not understand. It's not until recently that I started to understand the spiritual significance of the words we speak, words spoken over us, our actions and disobedience.

There are a number of examples the writer used that convicted me. For example, I've been guilty of being awoken to pray only to go right back to sleep. I also notice that there are areas of struggle in my life that I want to overcome. Yet sometimes I don't even bother praying about if there's constant struggle.....:/

I would really like some insight into being and becoming more spiritually aware and alert.

TIA

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

LoveisYou you are so right how it's important to be spiritually alert.

However, we can't be spiritually alert on our own. I believe when we seek after God's righteousness and ask for spiritual discernment and His wisdom He will begin to reveal things to us.

When God begins to reveal things to us it's for a purpose. It's not so that we can be boastful or labeled as "super-spiritual" or "holy" but to operate in God's divine Will; and for Him to protect us from the evil one.

Cor. 2:9-14
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Jer.33:1-3

Moreover the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying,

Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it; the Lord is his name;

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

HeChangedMyName

@LoveisYou you are so right how it's important to be spiritually alert.

However, we can't be spiritually alert on our own. I believe when we seek after God's righteousness and ask for spiritual discernment and His wisdom He will begin to reveal things to us.

When God begins to reveal things to us it's for a purpose. It's not so that we can be boastful or labeled as "super-spiritual" or "holy" but to operate in God's divine Will; and for Him to protect us from the evil one.

Amen!

come check out what God showed me in this thread I started about tearing down idols

Laela thread was confirmation for me. If we tear down these idols, we demolish the alters where we sacrifice to them regularly which leads to less and less replenishment for evil.

This is not a coincidence. I feel like the veil is being torn here on earth and we are to line up and rush in.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=672991