Spirit-led, What Does It Look Like?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
The Word has been bugging me to post this for over a week. Slow to obey because I hate putting myself out there. He gently recalled something I had posted back in 2009:

The burden is light, the way, narrow

I get it, now. So simple, it is, so very simple. We are to spread the Gospel everywhere, regardless of what we feel or want… how much we are tormented or damaged. This—this is taking up your cross, submitting to His will no matter what. (Matthew 10:38, Matthew 16:24, Mark 8:34, Mark 10:21, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:27)
What good is fruit if it sits safe in a refrigerator or on a counter and is not consumed? Are we willing to let those who need Norishment take bites out of us until we are no more? To let the core and seeds fall wherever? (1 Peter 3:17, 1 Peter 4:19)That is when Our Father does His best work.

OK, He got me there, but I still dragged it out. The Always Patient, Never-ending Word just kept putting the original title and topic repeatedly in my mind. He had wanted me to call it "Outside the Camp" and to write about my walk outside church and religion, so others in that position could know they are not alone; I am a safe place. I countered, saying I wanted to be more inclusive and focus on the main aspect of my walk, since all believers can have this. He relented by putting my new title repeatedly in my head at random moments. I now understand a little of what Jeremiah went through when he said, "His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." (Jeremiah 20:9)

I do not care if anyone believes me; I did my job. This is a part of His Good News, being able to interact with the Living Word, Spirit-to-spirit. The veil is torn; approach in praise and thanksgiving (Psalm 100:4).

What else can it look like?

A Word or Action that either keeps you from doing something wrong, or tries to stop you in the middle of the wrongdoing. Sacrificing self on his altar of fire (willful correction) daily and reworking the mind with His help keeps this going.

Receiving multiple confirmations about a situation. He wants us to trust His Word.

Obeying His Voice on a whim and avoiding disaster. He wants us to trust Him on a supernatural level.

When it is His Will, things, people, and events fall into place. He wants us to be a tool, an instrument in His Hands (2 Timothy 2:21, Ephesians 2:10).

There have been a few times when I had wanted to do something for someone, but I was too tired to drive. "If this is Your Will, please wake me up at this time." The Lord is fathful; He woke me up at that time, every time.

It is about being a bit of His light in the world, giving others hope and truth in the midst of darkness, not condemnation. Corerection is only for believers. Trust Him to give you the words when needed. (Luke 21:15, Luke 12:12) Many times I had been speaking to someone and realized His Spirit had taken over.

Having Him pick the people who keep you in check from time-to-time. DS2 coming towards me saying, "It is a beautiful day outside, Mom. You should go out and enjoy it." He was nine at the time; that word "beautiful" was atypical syntax for him then and now. It was the Lord telling me to get out the house, something I have a problem with.

I could go on, but this post is long enough, I think.

ETA: I forgot something.

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Moshe’s Wish

Numbers 11:29 [Moses said,] “I wish that all YHWH’s people were prophets and that YHWH would put His Spirit on them!”

Yahshua Set the Example

John 4:34 “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work.”

John 5:30 “I can do nothing by Myself; I judge only as I hear. And My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”

John 8:29 “He who sent Me is with Me. He has not left Me alone, because I always do what pleases Him.”

John 5:19 “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.”

John 6:38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me.”

Current Instructions

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Romans 8:14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your Good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Galatians 6:1 (Literal Translation) Brothers, if even a man should be caught in some offense, you, the spiritual, should restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, scrutinizing yourselves lest also you be tempted.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, as I also imitate Christ.

Luke 12:11-12 [Jesus said,] “And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” Also see Matthew 10:19-20, Mark 13:11.

In Action

Acts 8:26-29 An angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, “Get up and go south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is the desert road.)

So, he got up and went. There was an Ethiopian man, a eunuch and high official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of her entire treasury. He had come to worship in Jerusalem and was sitting in his chariot on his way home, reading the prophet Isaiah aloud.

Then, the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.”

Acts 10:19-20 While Peter was reflecting on the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are looking for you. Get up, go downstairs, and accompany them without doubts, for I have sent them Myself.”

Acts 11:12 [Peter said,] “The Spirit told me to go with them without misgivings These six brethren also went with me and we entered the man’s house.”

Acts 13:2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

Acts 13:4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia and from there they sailed to Cyprus.

Acts 15:28 “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials…”

Acts 16:6 They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia.

Acts 19:21 Now after these things were finished, Paul purposed in the Spirit to go to Jerusalem after he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, saying, “After I have been there, I must also see Rome.”

Acts 20:22 [Paul said,] “And now, behold, bound by the Spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there…”

Acts 23:11 The following night the Lord stood by Paul and said, “Take courage! As you have testified about Me in Jerusalem, so also you must testify in Rome.”

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Yah Will Teach Us

Isaiah 54:13 - All your sons will be taught of YHWH; and the well-being of your sons will be great.

Isaiah 2:3 - And many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of YHWH, To the house of the God of Jacob; That He may teach us concerning His ways and that we may walk in His paths.”

Isaiah 28:26 - For his God instructs and teaches him properly.

Isaiah 30:20 - Although YHWH has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher.

Isaiah 48:17 - Thus says YHWH, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, “I am YHWH your God, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way you should go.”

Isaiah 50:4-5
The Lord YHWH has given Me the tongue of disciples,
That I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word.
He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple.

The Lord YHWH has opened My ear;
And I was not disobedient
Nor did I turn away.

John 6:45 – [Jesus said,] “It is written in the prophets: ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from Him comes to Me…”

1 John 2:27 - And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught.

Jeremiah 31:33-34 and Hebrews 8:10-11
“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days,” declares YHWH.
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.

And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know YHWH,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest
.”

Philippians 3:13-15 - Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.

1 Thessalonians 4:9
Now about brotherly love, you do not need anyone to write to you, because you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another.

Bad&Bougee

@Sharpened, I don't know........you bring up points that only make my question the things I thought I had clarity on.

For instance:

1. Obeying His Voice on a whim and avoiding disaster. He wants us to trust Him on a supernatural level.
2. Receiving multiple confirmations about a situation. He wants us to trust His Word.
3. Many times I had been speaking to someone and realized His Spirit had taken over.
4. When it is His Will, things, people, and events fall into place. He wants us to be a tool, an instrument in His Hands (
2 Timothy 2:21, Ephesians 2:10).

These four examples, to me, are great measures of knowing if you are Spirit-led. There are many others but, these are a great four. 2, 3 and 4 is me all day long. However, I don't always hear His voice or feel His presence when being Led - I just DO. Some times my actions make a direct impact and other times my actions is the catalyst or my role is a collective one where others will follow to help carry it out His will. However, it is very difficult to get others to trust what you are saying, especially when you can't say, "The Lord told me to.......or, the Lord led me to......." I can't say that if I didn't hear Him or feel His presence when I followed the directive. This bothers me when I am sent and people look at me like I'm crazy and proceed to do whatever it is they were going to do before I tried to redirect them and it failed. It is very frustrating because I begin to second guess my role and spirituality.

It is easy when individuals are sent to me because they sought me out which means they will follow what is being told to them. Strangers? Not so much. ESPECIALLY when their faith is absent. How do you overcome that? I guess it's something I should pray about because it is becoming increasingly challenging as I am having to deal with more and more individuals whose faith is absent or they have strayed too far from the Lord. Or maybe I am concerned with something that I shouldn't be concerned about? I don't know......

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@Sharpened, I don't know........you bring up points that only make my question the things I thought I had clarity on.

For instance:

1. Obeying His Voice on a whim and avoiding disaster. He wants us to trust Him on a supernatural level.
2. Receiving multiple confirmations about a situation. He wants us to trust His Word.
3. Many times I had been speaking to someone and realized His Spirit had taken over.
4. When it is His Will, things, people, and events fall into place. He wants us to be a tool, an instrument in His Hands (
2 Timothy 2:21, Ephesians 2:10).

These four examples, to me, are great measures of knowing if you are Spirit-led. There are many others but, these are a great four. 2, 3 and 4 is me all day long. However, I don't always hear His voice or feel His presence when being Led - I just DO. Some times my actions make a direct impact and other times my actions is the catalyst or my role is a collective one where others will follow to help carry it out His will. However, it is very difficult to get others to trust what you are saying, especially when you can't say, "The Lord told me to.......or, the Lord led me to......." I can't say that if I didn't hear Him or feel His presence when I followed the directive. This bothers me when I am sent and people look at me like I'm crazy and proceed to do whatever it is they were going to do before I tried to redirect them and it failed. It is very frustrating because I begin to second guess my role and spirituality.

It is easy when individuals are sent to me because they sought me out which means they will follow what is being told to them. Strangers? Not so much. ESPECIALLY when their faith is absent. How do you overcome that? I guess it's something I should pray about because it is becoming increasingly challenging as I am having to deal with more and more individuals whose faith is absent or they have strayed too far from the Lord. Or maybe I am concerned with something that I shouldn't be concerned about? I don't know......
So, you need direction on how to operate with nonbelievers, correct? Or, it is a lesson you need to learn? Do you seek His will before, during, and after dealing with nonbelievers? Does what you want for them turn out to be the right thing anyways?

Bad&Bougee

So, you need direction on how to operate with nonbelievers, correct? Or, it is a lesson you need to learn? Do you seek His will before, during, and after dealing with nonbelievers? Does what you want for them turn out to be the right thing anyways?

Direction? Maybe......or should I even be concerned about it? If I'm Led then I need to trust it and just let it go? I guess......IDK? I haven't gone to the Lord in prayer after contact with non-believers, I just pray for endurance. I don't want to come off as not having Faith so I that is all I pray for afterwards. And yes, when they don't follow the message, the circumstance always ends in disaster. It may not be immediate but that's the outcome.

I guess I just expect everyone to love Him as much as I do and believe that he has your best interest at heart. Not everyone knows of God's many works but if someone that you've never met gives insight to your personal situation, wouldn't that make you take notice?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Direction? Maybe......or should I even be concerned about it? If I'm Led then I need to trust it and just let it go? I guess......IDK? I haven't gone to the Lord in prayer after contact with non-believers, I just pray for endurance. I don't want to come off as not having Faith so I that is all I pray for afterwards. And yes, when they don't follow the message, the circumstance always ends in disaster. It may not be immediate but that's the outcome.
Hey, you did as you were led. You could try seeking Him as you are dealing with them for a while and see what happens.

I guess I just expect everyone to love Him as much as I do and believe that he has your best interest at heart. Not everyone knows of God's many works but if someone that you've never met gives insight to your personal situation, wouldn't that make you take notice?
You would think, but remember when the Philistines returned the Ark (1 Samuel 6) to get the plagues against them stopped? They understood appeasing gods, but did not realize Yah was THE God. The problem is willful ignorance, which I believe is the true definition of darkness, because it blinds people to the truth. Bunches of Scripture talking about that. Maybe their experience with you is a crack of light to get things started for them in the future.

Bad&Bougee

1 Samuel 6! I spent some time reading Scriptures on Faith and non-believers and this was one that I came across.

Sometimes the moment happens so fast that I don't always have an opportunity to pray or seek Him beforehand. I get wrapped up with trying to get everything out before the moment leaves but if He made the opportunity, He will make an opportunity to pray and get some Armor. I can't worry about it, that's not my purpose.

Thank you ma'am.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
1 Corinthians 12:7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

Isaiah 58:11
And YHWH will continually guide you,
And satisfy your desire in scorched places,
And give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

Psalm 48:14 For such is God, Our God forever and ever; He will guide us until death.

Exodus 15:2
YHWH is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father's God, and I will extol Him.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 73:24 With Your counsel, You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory.

Psalm 107:9 For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and the hungry soul He has filled with what is good.

Isaiah 27:3 I, YHWH, am its keeper; I water it every moment. So that no one will damage it, I guard it night and day.

Isaiah 41:17 The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst; I, YHWH, will answer them Myself. As the God of Israel, I will not forsake them.

Isaiah 49:10 They will not hunger or thirst, nor will the scorching heat or sun strike them down. For He who has compassion on them will lead them and will guide them to springs of water.

Psalm 94:19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.

Isaiah 19:22 YHWH will strike Egypt, striking but healing; so they will return to the LORD, and He will respond to them and will heal them.

Isaiah 30:26 The light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven days, on the day YHWH binds up the fracture of His people and heals the bruise He has inflicted.

Isaiah 52:12 But you will not go out in haste, nor will you go as fugitives; For YHWH will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard.

1 Corinthians 2 - Spiritual Wisdom (ESV)

6Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 7But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”— [Isaiah 64:4, Isaiah 25:9, Isaiah 30:18]

10these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 11For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.d

14The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16“For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” [Isaiah 40:13, Jeremiah 23:18, Romans 11:34] But we have the mind of Christ.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Jesus Said So

John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper [Advocate, Counselor], to be with you forever, the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and He will be in you.

John 14:26 But the Advocate [Helper, Counselor], the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 15:26 When the Advocate [Helper, Counselor] comes, whom I will send you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—He will testify about Me.

John 16:13 However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.

John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will remain—so that whatever you ask the Father in My name [authority, power, cause, nature, character], He will give you.