Spiritual Demons/Warfare

pink219

This morning I was in bed not really sleep though. I began talking to God silently. Later on, I fell asleep on my side in kind of a fetal position with my arms crossed over my chest. I remember not being able to move. It was dark but at the same time I was very aware of myself... I could almost see myself (that's the only way I can explain it). Although I was not able to move or not really talk... I uttered out the word Jesus, Jesus, Jesus Christ - and with each Jesus I was more free to speak (because it felt like my voice was paralyzed). I also remember hearing almost a hissing sound (like a snake) coming from behind me and I kept on saying "Jesus Christ." I went on to say "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made Lord...Your works are wonderful I know that full well." While all of this was happening I thought I would be more scared but I was OK. When I did wake up, I felt like a couple of pounds have been lifted off of me, my spirit was a bit lighter.

Do you think I am offically CRAZY? or Maybe it was some type of spiritual warfare?

moonglowdiva

Sleep paralysis. It is a common occurance among black people. Whether or not it was spiritual warfare IDK. I think spiritual warfare is ongoing in sleep and in waking.

song_of_serenity

Happened to me more than I'd care to note. Once, whatever was on my back felt like it was stabbing me. I couldn't speak but I kept thinking "Jesus, Jesus!"

Mum, who was laying beside me in the bed when it happened said she woke up and the entire bed was shaking. Not the first time that's happened, either. It's been about 3 or so years since, though. In sleep seems to be where many are attacked.

I know some things can be explained away by science, but we are in a constant spiritual battle and we have to stay prayed up.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
If you felt compelled to call upon the name of the Lord, it was likely you felt you were under a demonic attack.

Demons are all over the place, constantly trying to get us at a weak moment. they follow us to church and wait until after service, they try to stay in our homes, they'll do whatever they can and use whoever they can to get at us. We must rely on the Holy Spirit at all times, to help us be aware. This is done by walking in the Spirit (renewing our minds, praying, praising, keeping our minds focused on good things -- Phil 4:8).

I do understand that it is when we open ourselves to spiritual activity by not guarding the 'gates' to our Souls/minds, that we can get attacked. That is why it's important to develop the mindset (renew our minds) to constantly guard our gates.

Eye Gate - Movies, TV shows, books, Internet activity, etc.
Psalms 101:3
I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.

For example, watching a horror movie or one with witchcraft... could lead to nightmares/ attacks from the sexual demons, Incubi and Succubi. Scientifically, it's referred to as "sleep paralysis", but it's a spirit. :rolleyes:

Ear Gate - Cursing, foul language, music, negative people, etc.
Ecclesiastes 7:21-22
Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your servant cursing you-- for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others.

Mouth Gate - Talking, writing, singing, etc.
Matthew 12:34
For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.

Proverbs 21:23
He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.

HTH!