Spring 10 Wet Bun Challenge!

MissMusic

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!

I want to wet bun the spring away to obtain optimum growth this spring. Many ladies have seen great growth and length retention from wet bunning and I want to obtain this same success. So who wants to join me?

The Challenge will begin the first day of spring:
March 20th, 2010
and end on the last day of spring
June 20th, 2010
For a total of 13 weeks!

Rules:
1. Wet bun/protective style at least 5 days a week!
2. 2 Passes (Use these as you please)

Please post weekly updates on the products that will aid you in this challenge and what method of wet bunning you will follow (baggy, tiffers style, co-wash daily to every other day, etc.)?

*ON DAY ONE OF THE CHALLENGE PLEASE POST YOUR PRODUCTS, METHOD OF BUNNING AND A STARTING PIC!

Some threads on the subject:
Tiffers tutorial:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20932966
Wet Bunning Testimonials:
http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=242851&highlight=wet+bunning

Challengers:
MCrzyGr
Jordan S.
Black_Hoya_Chick
ckisland
LaFemmeNaturelle
motherpopcorn562
BellaM
NJoy
msnetta
isawstars
BoaterGirlKim
indiarican
Shay72
jasmineml
mysoon2behair
QueenBrittny
a_shoe_6307
guudhair
LVLY210
Firstborn2
loveisnthehouse
keysha1983
Optimus_Prime
Whimsy
LadyPB
nflight
Mimi22
cdawnlewis
SunnyDelight
ciacia
Moniquenuss
afrofaithful
Ebbonytx
mags23
BriDa5242
grow

Last edited:

Black Hoya Chick

does it have to be a bun? my hair is natural so even when i wear it in ponytails it still shrinks above shoulders. can i alternate the two?

ckisland

Add me please :grin:.

I'm in the bunning 2010 challenge, but since I'm doing wet bunning specifically, I'll join this one too.

I'll come back on the 20th to post my reggie.

BellaM

Can someone explain what wet bunning is??
Is it like bunning your hair while its wet? sorry Im slow...

motherpopcorn562

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!

I want to wet bun the spring away to obtain optimum growth this spring. Many ladies have seen great growth and length retention from wet bunning and I want to obtain this same success. So who wants to join me?

The Challenge will begin the first day of spring:
March 20th, 2010
and end on the last day of spring
June 20th, 2010
For a total of 13 weeks!

Rules:
1. Wet bun at least 5 days a week!
2. 2 Passes (Use these as you please)

Please post the products that will aid you in this challenge and what method of wet bunning you will follow (baggy, tiffers style, co-wash daily to every other day, etc.)?

Some threads on the subject:
Tiffers tutorial:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20932966
Wet Bunning Testimonials:
http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=242851&highlight=wet+bunning

I'm in.
I will be using traderjoes condish for co-wash- 2 to 3 x a week.
Shea butter/EVOO/or coconut oil for sealing
and fantasia gel on the edges.

MissMusic

Can someone explain what wet bunning is??
Is it like bunning your hair while its wet? sorry Im slow...

It is exactly what it sounds like. You bun your hair while it is wet. Look at the tiffers tutorial in the original post and you will get a better idea of it.

Black Hoya Chick

^^^yes that is precisely what it is =)

and yay, in that case, I am in! I want to be BSL by the end of spring.

both my passes will be straightening. I will be straightening the weekend of April 9th for a school event, and right before the summer starts because i will not fight my natural hair being straight in the humid and hot summers of DC

BellaM

I bun all the time...So Im in!!
I will moisturize with Coconut Milk and Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave in
Seal with Coconut Oil or Carol's daughter Hair Milk!!
I just need to buy my satin scrunchie!

isawstars

This is exactly what I need! i've been bunning so much i want to scream. I hope this challenge helps me hang in there.

BoaterGirlKim

Yaaay - picking up where the Winter Bun Challenge (Dec 09 to March 10) leaves off - I'm in! I've gone thru a whole bottle of Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 doing winter bunning (thanks to Tiffers tutorial) - off to the BSS for another round!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in! I wet bun 99% of the time. Mostly by cowashing but for those days I'm not cowashing I will wet bun with a spray moisturizer. I actually started doing this because of Tiffers thread.

curlycrocheter

I want to join! I cowash with whatever is handy and do two flat twist in the front (so I'm not tempted to brush my hair) and then do a loose wet bun 8 days out of the week already :rolleyes: But I have been getting pretty laxed lately, so this will keep me motivate!

lilsparkle825

sorry, it's not warm enough for me to do this...but i'll be joining the summer challenge.

for whoever's interested, i picked up a liter (33 oz) of the suave rosemary mint conditioner in a pump bottle for $2.87 at wally world last week. i AM in the spring/summer cowashing challenge and plan on using this in addition to my staples. just tossing that out there.

isawstars

Will someone explain the 2 passes to me? are they heat passes? or just 2 extra times you can choose not to bun?

bemajor

I'm in. combining this with the spring cowashing challenge.
my two passes will be the first weekend in April...i'm going home.
and the last weekend in April...I have a conference.