~* Spring/Summer 2010 Protective Styling Challenge!! *~

13StepsAhead

I'm in (hope its not too late)

1. What kind of protective style will you be utilizing?
bunning (using between installs), senegalese twist (currently in this style), and full head weave (for my b-day in July)

2. What are your goals for your hair this summer?
Well, since I'm transitioning I want to focus on overall health and retaining as much length as I can

dontuwishuknu

I'm in.

It's not gonna be as hard since I have 5 passes.

1. What kind of protective style will you be utilizing?
sengalese twists, braids, cornrows, wigs and maybe ponies

2. What are your goals for your hair this summer?
GROWTH AND RETENTION!!!

Good luck everyone!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'll be doing 2 strand twists. My goal is to get better at doing them and to retain any growth I get.:yep:

Ijanei

today i used one of my passes because I colored my hair, which now I have to dye it back to a darker shade now...but I'm still in

NJoy

Here I grow again!
How'd I miss this one. I suppose I'm unofficially in but I'll take it. :yep:

1. What kind of protective style will you be utilizing? I'll be bunning or french braids.

2. What are your goals for your hair this summer? I'm looking for 3 or more inches by the end of August.

krissyprissy

Count me in!
I will be using half wigs, soft bun, and french rolls as my protective style of choice.
My goal is BSL by the end of the summer.

13StepsAhead

hey ladies here are pictures (the pics are from the day the were installed) of my current PS: they were installed 5/2 and I will take them out 7/2.

they are still holding up pretty well, just little fuzzies at the top, but no big deal to me.

Last edited:

13StepsAhead

Hey ladies I took out my senegalese twist because they were too frizzy and I'm starting my internship tomorrow. I had no intentions on taking my twist out because the frizzies do not bother me, but since its getting hotter my hair does not lay down past the morning (and IMO its not a good look to start off with). So I'll be bunning (mostly wet bun) until july when I get my sew-in.

Last edited:

13StepsAhead

I'm still in; I'll be wearing half-wigs for the remainder of the year ( probably rotate with a bun every now and then)

Ijanei

I'm still in; I'll be wearing half-wigs for the remainder of the year ( probably rotate with a bun every now and then)

I never got the half-wig thing, dont even know how to apply it :perplexed good luck on ur growth :grin: