Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge 2010

lilsparkle825

still cowashing daily/every other day. i ran out of HE HH (finally) so i am switching to trader joe's nourish spa. i didn't like it so much the first time around, but i am giving it another go.

i recently added oil rinsing to my regimen, which i employ right before cowashing. makes the tangles MELT from my hair!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Cowashed all week with Claudie's moisturizing conditioner. Will cowash today with HV's Acai Berry.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I didn't co-wash persay but I DC'd on dry hair with Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol and rinsed it out and that stuff was the booommmbbb! lol

Vonnieluvs08

Cowashed last night with Skala SB. Finished it off and will switch back to SSI Avocado and Moist 24/7. The cones are getting a bit much for my hair. Taking a break for the next month or two if I can help it.

grow

still cowashing every single day and loving it!

ladies, for the first time since i permed on june 30th., 2010, i will bring my cowashing to a full stop.

i feel the withdrawl symptoms already, lol!

i perm this saturday, so wednesday will be my LAST COWASH.

however, this time has proven to me that my hair can be cowashed even when freshly permed. i started the day after my last perm and haven't stopped since, and i think my hair has improved and grown because of it.

of course, saturday night will be the moment of truth to actually SEE the difference!

grow

i've got a new cowash thingy going on!

anybody out there use Aubrey Organics products?

well if so, do you ever notice HOW THICK the conditioners are?

i once even cut a jar in half just to make sure i didn't waste any leftover product that i couldn't get outta there! LOL!

well, no more. yesterday i filled 2 bottles of those thick risidual bottles up, leaving those last tablespoons in there, with water and shook it up.

voila! i just "made" a nice easy to use co wash conditioner out of those risiduals! (i use the thick concentrated version for my deep conditioner treatments)
it has the runny consistency i like in a cw product and even "lathers up" when i pour it over and squish it up on my head!

i'm excited about this new discovery! i don't have to throw away those last few tablespoons of product that gets hard to get out, nor do i have to cut open the bottle to get it out!

bestblackgirl

everything is going great. I cowashed 2 days ago with WEN. Once the cold weather starts I will start incoporating Castor Oil Rinse to my cowash

lilsparkle825

between all the cowashing (every day or two), wet bunning and incorporating sealing into my regimen, i got a MAJOR major growth spurt. i'm talking three inches in just under three months. this is the third summer i have been a member of LHCF, and i have been daily cowashing each of the three summers. it always gets me great growth and retention, but usually of the average 1/2" per month...heck, there have been a few months where i have gotten 3/4" and maybe ONE where i got a full inch, but an inch each month for three months?! this is crazy!

back on topic....i recently switched from cowashing with HE HH to cowashing with TJ nourish spa and the random HE conditioners i have laying around. trying to use up my stash, even though HE HH is my true love. moisturizing my t-shirt dried hair with kimmaytube's leave-in and sticking it in a wet bun is my everyday routine now.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will Co-Wash next wash day w/either HV Acai Berry OR Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner.

HV Acai Phyto Berry, Claudies Deep Moisturizing Conditioner & Oyin Honey Hemp will be in my Co-Washing Rotation.:lick:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Cowashed on Friday with Amala Cream Rinse. Cowashed with Moku Conditioner on Saturday and Sunday. Cowashed today with Step 2 of Methi Sativa.

mEmYSELFaNDj

OMG I haven't checked in here in a minute all bad. Sorry. Anyways I still been cowashing and bunning using suave humectant, suave shea butter and almond and mane and tail. Just thought I would stop in. im about two inches from grazing WL. Im excited. Hopefully by the end of this challenge I will have gotten at least another 1/2inch+.