Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge 2010

grow

about to cowash with my AO HSR new version (watered down, thinned out risiduals that i don't want to cut open the bottle to get lol!)

then i'm doing a comb through while in the shower with mega tek cream rinse.

love the cream rinse but the comb out in the shower with it on is new. it's working out really well!

cch24

I've noticed that my hair has become increasingly thicker. I'm pretty sure I can credit daily cowashing for this, as that's basically my entire regimen.

grow

will cowash with Jane Carter Replenishing Conditioner today.

yum, it smells delicious!

LaFemmeNaturelle

Haven't checked in in a while. I've upped my co-washing back to 2-3 times a week. Loving it so far and I've been co-washing with Vo5 Honeydew Smoothie. LOVES IT!

lilsparkle825

Taking a break from cowashing this week because I partially straightened my hair. I miss it already, and it's only been about 2 or 3 days!!

ETA: Yay, post #1000!

Vonnieluvs08

Cowashed several times last week and yesterday with Avocado (used it up!!!). I also added Moist 24/7 to the mix and use Acai when I need to detangle. Will add in the Green Tea & Hibiscus to use that up.

Aggie

I think I need to cowash today with my Alter Ego Garlic Treatment (AEGT). My scalp was fine last night after my DC but now it's itching again. I wonder if AEGT works on an itchy scalp:look:. I don't have anything formulated for itchy scalp because I don't usually have this problem, Ughh!

I suspect the itching to be caused by the BRX braid spray mixed with some S-Curl Moisturizer that I sprayed on my hair and scalp yesterday though.

Or it could be the castor oil/MN/sulfur mix I put on my scalp last night. Now I have to go through a process of elimination to see which one it really is.

I hope I don't have to give up my S-Curl moisturizer though. I really like that stuff.

~Sigh~

grow

Aggie darling, have you tried EO of tea tree? a few drops of that should stop that itching.

i know you are the guru,(i still study your fotki!), but just trying to help.

ladies, what's this i hear about cowashing being high manipulation???!

given that i'm not cowashing in braids and i don't wear wigs, i also don't comb my hair from root to end every time i cowash either.
many times, i just smooth it back into my baggy bun, but someone was telling me that's alot of manipulation.
what's to do.....

LaFemmeNaturelle

Aggie darling, have you tried EO of tea tree? a few drops of that should stop that itching.

given that i'm not cowashing in braids and i don't wear wigs, i also don't comb my hair from root to end every time i cowash either.
many times, i just smooth it back into my baggy bun, but someone was telling me that's alot of manipulation.
what's to do.....

If co-washing has been working for you then continue doing it. Traycee and Sunshyne from hairlista co-wash multiple times a week and they have beautiful hair. So do other woman that I can't remember their names right now. Who said that by the way, why did they say it was too much? How is their hair? Have they ever tried co-washing?

janda

what's to do.....[/QUOTE]

Grow, I have been wondering the same thing especially after seeing LadyP's amazing growth. I've been co-washing everyday this summer then wet bunning my hair. So, I've been running a comb thru my hair everyday as I can't make my bun presentable without the combing step. I will say that my hair is slathered with conditioner or a leave-in when I comb (hoping this makes a difference). I will do a length check at the end of this month so we'll see what kind of progress I've made.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A

what's to do.....

ITA with LaFemmeNaturelle. Do you. If it works for your hair continue to do what works.

Aggie

Thanks for your help grow. I have added some tea tree eo to the castor oil/mn/sulfur mix but I guess it wasn't enough. I may need to add a little more to it. Thanks so much hun.

By the way, even gurus need some help every now and then. So don't ever feel that you can't help us out. I welcome genuine help from anyone. Even God's word declared that out of the mouth of babes, praise is perfected. So He knew that newbies, children, young ones all have something worthwhile to contribute to a cause. So thanks again sweetheart:kiss:.

what's to do.....

Aggie

I slept with some Alter Ego Garlic Treatment in my hair last night and cowashed it out this morning. I don't like cowashing too much while in these braids becasue they take too long to dry. I will still try do at leat one a week along with a DC session on my days off from work.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I can definitely start a fall/winter cowash challenge. I do cut back and sometimes cowash at night rather than in the morning. It will start on the day after this one ends.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
If anyone wants to post before and after pics for the Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge that would be great. Not a requirement. I'm currently in a HYH challenge so I won't be posting any pics until the end of the year.

Aggie

I can definitely start a fall/winter cowash challenge. I do cut back and sometimes cowash at night rather than in the morning. It will start on the day after this one ends.

I definitely want to join the fall/winter cowash challenge Shay. So please add the new link in this challenge so we can easily find it. TIA.

If anyone wants to post before and after pics for the Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge that would be great. Not a requirement. I'm currently in a HYH challenge so I won't be posting any pics until the end of the year.

I'm hiding my hair as well so I won't have any pics to show off for a while.

SingBrina

Cowashing does not seem to be popular during the colder months but coming from the year-round sunny Bahamas, I'm all for it:grin:.

Oh that sucks, how come, is it because it is too cold? i just love the fact of caring for my hair so i like to cowash and i saw this thread and wondered if there would be a winter one.... hmmmm okey dokey :)

Yeah that is what I do now, cowash at night, cool well I hope there is another one, if so I will sign up! :)

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'll still be co-washing. I co-washed 3 times a week last fall/winter and will be doing it again this year. I co-wash at night no matter what the season is so it doesn't make a difference for me.

Last edited:

grow

Thanks La Femme, Janda, Shay72, Aggie for your ideas about this important technique.

the member who mentioned cowashing as being alot of manipulation has very long hair and has been on this forum for quite some time, although i haven't seen her recently.

yet and still, i wouldn't feel comfortable mentioning her name, although coming from her, i felt a need to investigate further information.

ita with Shay's idea that if it works, then keep it, but at the same time, knowing this member was just trying to help, based on what she knows, and knowing that she is not a newbie by any means, it do believe that cowashing must be done with care so that it doesn't create an arena for increased manipulation of the hair.

my hair is weakest when it's wet, but it's also more flexible. there must be a happy median!

Singbrina, i agree, we need to do this in the winter too! i started around february/march of this year after much reading about what works best. why should we stop now? :)!