Spritz Anyone?

Curlybeauty

I never really hear it get talked about too much on this forum, and i'm not too sure. Do any of ya'll use a little spritz when curling or whatever style that you want to have a little more hold?

I'm going to be putting some romance curls in my hair this weekend, and I want them to hold up a little longer than usual. Is hair spritz or spray a good idea?

I plan on curling my hair with either my FHI or a barrel iron anfetr flat ironing the hair bone straight..and from there, rod my hair up on some mega flexi rods...

Diva_Esq

:nono::nono::nono:

Spritz is a HUGE no-no for me! My hair hates it! It dries me out and causes breakage! I have discontinued the services of a few stylists because of their inability to understand simple instructions: DO NOT USE SPRITZ ON MY HAIR!

I'd go with a light holding spray.

LushLox

I wouldn't use spritz, it's much too stiff and subsequently your hair will have no movement. I would rather use a good hairspray with light/medium hold rather than spritz.

Of course hairsprays contain alcohol which is very drying for the hair. I suppose it's like most things that are bad for us, it's okay if used in moderation. So if you're going to use it be sure to try and use it only occasionally and try and wash and condition the hair swiftly afterwards so your hair doesn't start drying out.

I'm looking for a good hairspray myself actually, Aveda apparently do a very good one.

mscocoface

When you say spritz you mean like a hold spray?

Nope, those are against my religion! :lachen:

I have spritzes but they are all good for the hair and for moisture, oiling and conditioning.

SEMO

I had a setback when I was younger using spritz. So, no, I don't use it anymore.

If I need a similar hold I use Dove hairspray (but I use it rarely - I don't really like to use hairsprays and gels on a regular basis).

Curlybeauty

So what it sounds like, is that I need to be looking for a nice hair spray. And this is really for a one time affair, or special events in the future. Nothing regular at all....But okay. Any recommendations for hair sprays?

frizzy

No spritz for me, I will use setting lotion and rollerset first. And especially no spritz with heat. :nono: