St. Ive's Conditioners

Ipanema

St. Ive\'s Conditioners

What stores carry St. Ives conditioners? I remember a long time ago using one of their conditioners that came in a packet, and it smelled like peppermint & made my scalp tingle. Now I can't find any of their conditioners anywhere. I've been to Target, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and Eckerd. I'm starting to wonder if they even sell them in the stores anymore. Has anyone seen the hair conditioners in the stores?

Kha

Re: St. Ive\'s Conditioners

I've also been looking for St. Ives conditioners...specifically the Extra Shine that Hairlove uses. I have searched those same stores, the only store I found that carried it was an upscale L & L Shop Rite and they only had 2 different kinds. No extra shine
. I don't think it's really available offline...

Tai

I called the phone number on their site about their conditioners. They admitted that they were hard to find and it probably wouldn't be found in stores. They advised that it's pretty much only going to be found online.

I did a search on yahoo before and came up with a few places that sold them.

Ipanema

Thanks, Tai. I'm not too fond of paying extra for S&H costs, so I'll just try something else. Or maybe just use my old tub of Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol.

Tai

Neither do I. That's why I haven't ordered it yet. The shipping cost is as much as the conditioner.

Kha

Someone posted a link to purchase it online, but shipping costs more than the product itself. Just not worth it

Laginappe

Believe it or not but I found some St. Ive's conditioners at my local 99 Cents Only store. BUT it wasn't until I got them home that I realized that this wasn't the same conditioner as they sell now. It appears to be an Australian version? (I have no idea how they ended up in Orange County, California!
)

I bought two kinds. One is a Jojoba Moisturizing version and the other is something like Orange Nourishing...(I'm at work so I can't recall the exact names).

But I've been using the Jojoba one for a week now for CW - and I like it! The slip factor seems to be very good and its agreeing with my hair overall.

I'm going to try the Orange one next and if I like it too I'm heading back to the 99 cent store for $20 worth!

LABETT

The Ecerkerds in my town is the only drug store that sells the conditioner in the packet,hot oil and the reconstructor.
You may want to check your local grocery stores all of mine sell the St Ives Extra shine conditioner and two more conditioners cant remember the name I think Jojoba and one for fine hair for a $1.79.
My big lots has the St Ives shampoo's that's collecting dust and nobody wants them.
These conditoner dont sell well here I saw the Extra shine conditioner marked to 49 cents and finally sold after months.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
I've also been looking for St. Ives conditioners...specifically the Extra Shine that Hairlove uses. I have searched those same stores, the only store I found that carried it was an upscale L & L Shop Rite and they only had 2 different kinds. No extra shine

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ones did the store have? I've been dying to find the vanilla. Maybe you and I could trade a few bottles.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
What stores carry St. Ives conditioners? I remember a long time ago using one of their conditioners that came in a packet, and it smelled like peppermint & made my scalp tingle. Now I can't find any of their conditioners anywhere. I've been to Target, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and Eckerd. I'm starting to wonder if they even sell them in the stores anymore. Has anyone seen the hair conditioners in the stores?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be able to easily find their reconstructor that came in the pump bottle. But I went looking for it last month to finally try it and I must've searched 5 stores where I used to always see it...couldn't find it. Sucks b/c I hear their deep treatment and reconstructor are great.

cutebajangirl

Do you guys live near BSS, I've seen those conditioners in numerous bss in the Bronx. I've also seen the one Ipanema (the name is escaping me now) talked about in packets in Rite-Aids and Eckerds.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
Someone posted a link to purchase it online, but shipping costs more than the product itself. Just not worth it

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right! If you know for sure you like them, then you can order a bunch and shipping isn't bad. I'm glad I can find them right now (took me a while to find them, too!) but if my store stops carrying them, I will order straight from St. Ives. Jade posted that you can order a case from them for about 16 bucks for 6 bottles.

Tai

I've never tried it so I'd hate to order a case and end up with 6 conditioners that don't work for me.
I'm going to keep searching stores, see if one would be willing to order it for me.

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ones did the store have? I've been dying to find the vanilla. Maybe you and I could trade a few bottles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about the scents because I was so busy looking for the "extra shine" bottle
. But I know one of the types was Revitalizing and I can't recall the other. Next time I go into that store, I will make note of which ones they had.

Laginappe

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
Believe it or not but I found some St. Ive's conditioners at my local 99 Cents Only store. BUT it wasn't until I got them home that I realized that this wasn't the same conditioner as they sell now. It appears to be an Australian version? (I have no idea how they ended up in Orange County, California!
)

I bought two kinds. One is a Jojoba Moisturizing version and the other is something like Orange Nourishing...(I'm at work so I can't recall the exact names).

But I've been using the Jojoba one for a week now for CW - and I like it! The slip factor seems to be very good and its agreeing with my hair overall.

I'm going to try the Orange one next and if I like it too I'm heading back to the 99 cent store for $20 worth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I’m home now and I have my two bottles of St. Ives (via Australia) conditioner in front of me.

The first one is Jojoba Revitalising Conditioner. I checked Drugstore.com and the compared the indgredient list for the American version of their Revitalizing Conditioner but they appear to be very different. I can’t type ALL of the ingredients (its late!) but I’ll hit the highlights.

Lanolin, Jojoba, Aloe Leaf Juice, Panethnole, Biotin…that’s all of the “good” stuff that I recognize. I’ve used this conditioner for the past week and I like it. A lot.

The second conditioner is the Alpha Hydroxy Nourishing Conditioner. I didn’t find anything similar on Drugstore.com. Ditto for the St. Ives site – but they did list a Extra Shine conditioner and my bottle says “For Extra Shine” so…

The ingredient list for this one includes: Silk Amino Acids, Lanolin, Asdcorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, and various flower extracts.

It smells nice though –very orangy!

In all I’ve been pleased thus far with my 99 cent store finds. If I’m still pleased by Thursday, I’ll go back and stock up.

NGC

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the one you are talking about is the Intensive Conditioner for dry hair. It's in a smaller sized container. I've seen it and the Extra Shine conditioner in lower-end grocery stores(in mixed communities) in my area. The grocery store I saw it in was called Ingles.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I've never tried it so I'd hate to order a case and end up with 6 conditioners that don't work for me.
I'm going to keep searching stores, see if one would be willing to order it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. I would never do that either. I'm glad it's an option available to me now that I have tried two of them. I hope you happen upon them soon. I wasn't looking for them when I found them.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about the scents because I was so busy looking for the "extra shine" bottle
. But I know one of the types was Revitalizing and I can't recall the other. Next time I go into that store, I will make note of which ones they had.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found the Revitalizing formula to work just as well as the Extra Shine...the Extra Shine just smells a little better b/c it's fruity...whereas the Revitalizing is more naturally scented.

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found the Revitalizing formula to work just as well as the Extra Shine...the Extra Shine just smells a little better b/c it's fruity...whereas the Revitalizing is more naturally scented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I will have to try that in a few months and after I've used up most of my other conditioners. I'm on a challenge and there will be no exceptions

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Do you guys live near BSS, I've seen those conditioners in numerous bss in the Bronx. I've also seen the one Ipanema (the name is escaping me now) talked about in packets in Rite-Aids and Eckerds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't even bothered going into my local BSS because I figured they only sell Black Hair Care products. I might go to another Eckerds store & see if they have it--or just call instead.

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
Believe it or not but I found some St. Ive's conditioners at my local 99 Cents Only store.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a dollar store in my area about the size of a grocery store. Now I have another excuse to go in there.

shinyblackhair

I don't know where you'd find the St. Ives in your area, but I just wanted to say that St. Ives conditiones (and bath and body products) ROCK!!!!!!!!

Tracy

They sure do, I hoard my Vanilla Edelweiss because I only bought one bottle and I LOVE it, and I've never seen it again.

I use it as an ends mositurizer too. That way I get the yummy moisturizer AND the smell.

SilkyandSmooth

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't even bothered going into my local BSS because I figured they only sell Black Hair Care products. I might go to another Eckerds store & see if they have it--or just call instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the Extra Shine conditioner in my local bss after searching in drug stores like Duane Reade and CVS. You should give it a try.

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
They sure do, I hoard my Vanilla Edelweiss because I only bought one bottle and I LOVE it, and I've never seen it again.

I use it as an ends mositurizer too. That way I get the yummy moisturizer AND the smell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanilla Edelweiss is my all time fave St. Ives conditioner! It smell so yummy...almost edible, really.

Tracy

Here's the site. They have a product locator there. I know they probably mean ALL of their products (including the facial scrubs and stuff that you can probably find everywhere), but it can't hurt to try.

http://www.stives.com/home.cfm

Jade21

I have to say that I LOVE St. Ives conditioners. I use these about 96% of the time exclusively. I'm sorry that Drugstore.com stopped selling the Strength and Shine Reconstructor because it is a superior deep conditioner. After I've finished these last two bottles/tubes, I will be mail ordering for sure.

A case of the regular conditioners is 6 bottles and you pay about $2.79 for each bottle which is 20oz each. Frankly, it might be worth paying for a case.

I seriously doubt that Alberto-Culver is going to improve the distribution to retail stores. I remember having to ask a manager at a local Shoppers to special order me some bottles and he basically brought a portion of the line to the store for a period of time. They have a habit of rotating products and unless you ask, you lose. I think the only reason he fulfilled my request was that his wife used them and our hair was similar. He knew what I was talking about when I said the conditioners got rid of tangles!

For online retailers, I can suggest a few. These are ones which do not have outrageous shipping:

Netgrocer.com [Revitalizing, Extra Shine and Extra Body]
Discount-Drugmart.com [Strenthening Pear, Moisturizing Vanilla, Revitalizing Aloe, and Extra Shine]
Drugstore.com [Extra Volume only]

I'm with Tracy about the Vanilla, especially in the winter. No worries about tangles, dry hair or snapping ends. I used my diffuser too much last winter, but my hair stayed beautiful because of this conditioner. Intense, protective conditioning!

There seem to be a load of St. Ives products which are offered in the UK but not in the US. I was reading online about a leave-in available in London which sounded great. The woman who wrote said it was getting harder to find there and she had resorted to mail ordering directly from the UK Alberto-Culver address.

~Jade~

Ipanema

I wonder why they are doing that with the conditioners when you can find their lotions & other stuff everywhere.

I did happen to go into another Eckerds store, though, and found the conditioner that I was looking for. It was almost $5 dollars for one pump bottle, and I started thinking of how I have 2 bottles of V05 conditioner, 2 bottles of Suave, 2 bottles of Razac, and a huge tub of cholesterol at home. I'm going to have to get rid of that other stuff first.

Laginappe

I finally finally FINALLY found ONE store in Orange County that carries only the Revitalizer. The store is Longs Drugs. I don't know if other Longs carries this or the other products in the St. Ive's line but at least this is a start.