St. Ives Hair Repair: No Frizz Serum (Review)

Jade21

I wanted to post a review for St. Ives Hair Repair: No Frizz Serum.

I have NEVER used any type of hair serum in my life and it was truly an experience. I've used this product three times on dry hair and all during periods when it was extremely humid here in Northern Virginia.

What It Says On The Box

"This treatment serum works instantly to transform dry, frizzy hair into smooth, silky soft hair. Nourishes with strength building proteins and nutrient rich vitamins, while it protects your hair from frizzies and environmental damage."

"Directions: On damp, towel-dried hair, work 2-3 drops into your palms and massage through. Comb, blow-dry or let hair dry naturally. On dry hair, massage 2-3 drops in your palm and smooth onto hair or comb through. See the difference instantly!"

Ingredients

Cyclomethicone, dimethicone, tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, panthenol, hair keratin amino acids, hydrolyzed collagen, hydrolyzed wheat protein, phytantriol, aloe leaf juice, panax ginseng root extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, helianthus annus(sunflower)extract, glycine, soja (soybean oil), mineral oil.

Price

The suggested retail price is $3.99 for 1oz. I paid $1.99 on sale at a local Echerd's plus I had a coupon.

Overall Rating

I would rate this 4/5. See discussion below.

Discussion

Well, the smell was luscious, utterly delightful. What surprised me was HOW THICK the stuff was. I would guess that I used about 6 drops and I applied it by starting with two and then just adding more. My hair was EXTREMELY SHINY AND SOFT. I was outside in the humidity and when I came back my hair was perfect.

I rated the product 4/5 for two reasons. The first was because I noticed that my hair seemed to pick up odors much faster. I did not care for that. I could smell what I had cooked for dinner in my hair. Also, it seemed to get dirtier faster...attracting dust and gunk from the outside and inside. Both times I used the product, my hair was no more than a day past my washing.

The second reason was what happened when I washed my hair after using the serum. When the water hit my hair, it felt like there was a lot of "product" in my hair. I washed extremely well. I don't know if this is customary, but I did not like it.

For these reasons, I won't be using this product often or any hair serum for that matter.

However, for those of you who like serums generally, I definitely think it is one to try and test out
It's more than affordable and what surprised me was that mineral oil was listed last.

~Jade~

KinksnCurlz

I haven't been able to find ANY st. ives products since I've been on this board... but thanks for posting this review b/c my hair just happens to love cones.

Jade21

You might want to check out the thread for the Strength and Shine Reconstructor product by St. Ives. You can mail-order every hair product from the company. Plus, there are other online sources which may carry some like drugstore.com, netgrocer.com and discount-drugmart.com

~Jade~

JenJen2721

Another great review. Your format should be the standard for all reviews!!! Very thorough!

I didn't know there was a serum out there that contained phytantriol, so this is good to know!

--Jen

Allandra

Wow Jade! Another review. Thanks. Hmmmmm.....I take it you aren't doing the July challenge? Oh, never mind. Didn't you fall off the challenge wagon?

sweetdaises2000

Would the product be applied after the washing and deep conditioninbg was done when the hair was damp or very wet? After this could I just do a braid out or wrap my hair and itd come out smooth and silky?

Jade21

Allandra,

I did not fall off the wagon:) I have used this a few times and bought it quite a while ago.

I am not on the July challlenge, but you will be happy to know that I have not bought anything new!!

Waves and cheer to you,

Jade