Start of my healthy and long hair journey

CassandraUhogue

Hello everyone. I am in a journey to healthier and longer hair. I will post a picture of my hair from a month ago, thats the most recent picture that I have. The other side of my hair is shorter because I got a side cut a year ago. My first goal is going to be APL by the end of May. I probably have about 3 or 4 inches to go. I am going to start hairfinity next week for 2 months and see how that works out. I am also going to begin heat training my hair about twice a month because it tangles horribly. I am natural by the way.

Attachments

• photo-1-1.jpg
    photo-1-1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 78
  • photo-2-1.jpg
    photo-2-1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

SelahOco

You already have your regimen set to go? Which products do you like? How long have you been natural?

CassandraUhogue

Ive been natural for 3 years.... between me getting scissor happy and uncontrollable breakage the longest my hair got was collarbone/ shoulder length. I just didnt properly care for my hair. I dont have a regimen yet but the I use olive oil and organix products a lot. Im adding hairfinity next week. And im going to buy a good blow dryer and flat iron for my heat training twice a month. Oh and heat protectant. My regimen is not set yet still need deep conditioners, oils, growth aid, and good shampoo ideas :)

gforceroy

Hi! Good luck on your journey! I took Hairfinity for 6 months last year and it worked great! I had to stop though because the biotin broke me out. :( Anyways, welcome to LHCF! :D

kbnax

Hi! Just wanted to wish you good luck on your hair care journey. You are starting at a good length, so you should see some growth in no time.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Welcome & Good luck with your hair journey and goals!!

CassandraUhogue

Thanks everyone. I just took down my sew in and took some length check photos.. here they are. These are more accurate

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130217_190002.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130217_190002.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 34
  • ForumRunner_20130217_190018.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130217_190018.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 37

CodeRed

Good luck on your journey :)

A couple of things I got from this forum:

- Comb your conditioner through your hair. I thought because wet hair was more fragile that I shouldn't be combing it, but I used a wide tooth comb to make sure it was evenly distributed and I lose maybe 5 hairs per wash. It detangles your hair quickly and easily also.

- Try to get a water filter for your shower.

Your hair looks great in those last photos you posted :)