Starting a "Consistency Challenge" !

WaterMoccasin

Re: Starting a \"Consistency Challenge\" !

Oh I am in! I was so consistent for months and months and when my hair started sprouting out of my head really quickly, i got careless and slacked off
I need a
for what i did to my hair over the past 2 months

Ok, so back to my buns/braids, vitamins and surging. And no heat til like December!!

dreemssold

[ QUOTE ]
Mochalolita said:
Dreemssold, I'm sorry....I didn't address your question to me in my last post... My MSM water is only a teaspoon of MSM crystals (Trimedica brand) that I mix every morning with a bottle of water and add a little lime juice. It makes it easier to take it throughout the day, and it just tastes like water with a hint of lime, lol. This is a staple for me, I can definitely tell the difference in my hair when I use it on a regular basis...I'm still hanging in there, though! Hope y'all are doing the same!!

Hugs

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
!!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)

Okay, here's my plan:
*CO wash daily
*after wash, surge, woojee cream, treat ends with WGO/EQP mango butter mixture

1X/week
*shampoo w/ CON shampoo , ACV rinse, deep condition, surge woojee, treat ends...

*drink nothing but water until december (My hubby and I just did it for 3 months until we went on vacation, so it can be done!!!)
*take Biotin, B-12, folic acid, vitamin C daily
*exercise 3-4 times per week
*Pray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without ceasing

jupiter

I'm down

Surge spray twice a day
poo 3 times a week
locks tightened once a month
hot oil treatments once a week

it should be fiarly simple

MizAvalon

I have a *really* simple regimen, but I grudgingly admit that I have slacked off a little this summer. Amazingly, my hair hasn't really reacted badly. Still, I'm going to go back to being good and put my cornrows back in.

Leslie_C

My regimen has suprisingly become pretty simple. I sold a lot of my products, even if I liked them bc Im sticking to nexxus for now. Now its simple washing 2 times a week, deep conditioning, leave in/oils...then airdry in ponytail or do a twistout or rollerset under the dryer. sometimes after that I may do a braidout or bantu set. Ive been using WAY less products than when I joined here...
Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe
Conditioner Nexxus Humectress and/or Salerm Wheat germ
Leave in: Salerm or NTM
Moisturizers/Oils: Elasta QP recovery, Africas best oil, and Loreal smooth intense serum or straight request hair polish.

this is a MILESTONE for me...lol

Guapa1

I want to join too. I've been slacking so bad.
My plan is wash once a week, rinsing every few days. Out for 6 weeks, extensions for six weeks. My only products are my shea butter mix (shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil, coconut oil and vitamin e) and water

itismehmmkay

I am soooooo in!

My regimen is on my fotki journal, and while it may break a few LHCF rules (infrequent washes, sleeping in rollers, etc.), I know it works for me!!

My main goal is just to leave my hair alone, stop obsessing over it, and just let it grow. I plan to continue with my supplements, incorporate low manipulation techniques/styles, and be patient. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Again...I am so game for this!

Mochalolita

Hey ladies...I'm such a loser! I just paid my $5, so I haven't been able to update. So far so good, I've been washing and conditioning regularly, taking my supplements, and all that good stuff. I've only used heat once, and I'm going to cut that down to none because my hair was definitely upset with me after that :-( How is it going will all of you? Keep us posted!

Hugs
Crys

itismehmmkay

[ QUOTE ]
Hugs
Crys

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...I don't think so. I'm Krys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif j/k.

Anyway, so far so good. But it's only been 3 days for me. LOL. I'm trying to do the same thing for several more of these days. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Queenie

I'm still having lazy days here & there, but overall pretty well. /images/graemlins/up.gif

felicia

i'm going to join too. i have to figure out which of my products are keepers and then just stick with those until december. i tried the kenra, but it didn't wow me. so its going to be btw hummectress and aveda CAB.

Tracy

I thought I posted here...well anyway, I'm joining. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've already been doing this now months, but I need to do this all the time, no matter what, like clockwork, without thinking. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So - I'm going to:

1. Wash twice weekly with a mild shampoo. My scalp is pretty picky, so I have to have what I need on hand when it occasionally acts up. Mostly I'll be working on my last bottle of Lanza, and TRYING to use up what I have. I can't promise I won't try a few shampoos in the next few months.

2. If my hair requires being completely wet down for any reason other than on wash days, I will do a conditioner wash. I will use any number of my conditioners with a thinner consistency - regardless of brand. I will continue to use these, and not buy anymore, until they are gone.

3. I will use the Ouidad method of deep conditioning with 1. any of the creamy reconstructor/protein conditioners I own for 20 minutes with heat followed by 2. any of the many moisturizing conditioners I own. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Once I've used what I have, I'll be sticking with Elasta, Nexxus and Kenra products almost exclusively. The only exceptions will be serums.

4. I will take my vits - B5, Biotin, GNC UH & Cod Liver Oil daily.

5. I will use only seamless combs, and denman brushes to style my hair.

6. I will do a color rinse and an Emergencee treatment once a month each.

7. Rollerset drying only, and protective styles 5 days a week.

That's the whole shebang, I think.

Pray, people. Pray.

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Victorian

old head

I so need to do this. But I just got all these samples from the STL meeting, so I can't join yet /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Maybe I'll start in October...

Healthb4Length

I am in as I promised extactly one week after my texturizer I put cornrows in my hair and I plan on getting box braids after to avoid manipulation. My hair has been acting up with change of weather so i'm trying to avoid over manipulation. Right now I am doing the crown and glory method.

G

Why am I just now seeing this???

I am with you all the way on this. I have tried so many things since finding the board, some worked and others didn't.

Right now, I am wearing Microbraids and doing a daily spray with a mix of water, Salerm 21, Hot 6 Oil and Joice K Pak Serum. I will be doing this until March. I had breakage last winter due to my wool coat so I don't want to risk that again.

BTW, ladies what do you do to prevent the wool from rubbing the back of your hair. That broke my hair big time last winter.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Count me in with this challenge! It makes so much sense to be consistent with your hair! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I plan on shampooing, conditioning, and rollersetting my hair every 2 weeks. I'm going to avoid trimming and direct heat. I am also extending my relaxer touch up to every 12 weeks. This regime also helps with leaving my hair alone (less manipulation throughout the week).

Good luck to all those who are on this challenge! We'll see how great our results will be in the end! /images/graemlins/king.gif

Desert Skye

Im in!! i need to be consistent with my vitamins and try to drink more water.