Stay Natural '09 Challenge

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm in! I updated my fotki with my flat twists! I'm so encouraged because I can finally flat twist my hair. This is the first time I did a natural style on my head from start to finish! I'm doing a C&G with flat twists for at least 6 months.:yep: The raw egg cocktail is helping my growth more than any growth aide ever did.

Last edited:

MsBttrfly23

Definitely count me in! I joined the wig challenge to curb my wanting to perm. I really don't want to perm but I don't know what to do with my hair. Committing to this challenge will force me to get used to trying new things and working with my natural hair!

Thanks!:grin:

NappturalWomyn

This is so cool. I'm a newbie with a thriving thread. Yea! OK. So, the rules are just as they are in the first post. Use whatever regimens, products you would like. There is one contention: If you drop out, and go back to a perm, you have to post why. That's it.

danigurl18

Sign me up!! My regimen is braids or twists for a month, leave out for a week, and then braid again. I wash once a week and DC twice. I also moisturize 2x a day.

Candycane044

I'm definitely in! I don't plan on really ever relaxing my hair again. I love being natural..it is indeed the best decision I've ever made for my hair.

Channie

I'm in also. After all this, I'm not going back!
Last relaxer was 8 months ago. I BC'd in September.
I wash once a week, and cowash once a week.
Temporarily doing Aphogee 2 min. protein once a week.
DC or steam with AO HSR.
Seal with castor oil.

I love my hair. :heart2:

auntybe

I'm in I have been natural (again since 01/2007). No more relaxers for me.

2x a wk wash with Wen or Curls
Use curls or blended beauty.

guitan25

Count me in as well!

I wear and wash my hair in cornrows. I wear wigs so i don't mind the frizz.

My Regimen:

-Deep condition 2x weekly (sundays and wednesdays) with AO hsr
-Shampoo after deep conditioning with Elasta QP Creme conditioning shampoo
-Leave in a little AO hsr

I definitely plan to stay natural as it seems to be the only way that I keep hair on my head.:perplexed

By the way, I have been natural since shaving my head bald in early 2006.(Due to a bad relaxer job). Never going back:nono:

Duchesse

I'm in..though I'm transitioning, does that count?

I slipped up last Mar. and relaxed my hair. I'm finally ready to completely, and forever, give up relaxers for life. I need my words to haunt me on the internet to make sure I don't go back to the chems lol.

Anashja

So, I've decided to rock my 'fro for the next two months before going back into my kinky twists (IF I go bacK) ... Completely natural it feels much softer than I thought. I been MT every other night and sometimes BT during the day. I did a roller set like 3 days ago and have been rocking the na'p set ever since...LOL. Tonight Im redoing it for the Dwele concert, though... :)

saved06

I'm in. I love being natural I can't imagine going back to perm. I really should have went natural 3 years ago when my DH was trying to tell me:wallbash::wallbash: but I didn't listen

BklynHeart

I'm in. I've been natural since May '08, hair is now past shoulder length. My issue is that it's thin compared to how full and thick it was when I BC'd.
I'm trying to thicken it up with henna, mayo conditioner, cutting back on the coconut oil and using castor oil instead.

TCatt86

I'm in!!! I love being natural but I do go through times where I want straight hair. I need the motivation.

NappturalWomyn

Of course, the more the merrier...((Must turn off pager and make list...must turn off pager and make list...when call is over))

SignatureBeauty

I am so in! It can be hard but the reward is so well worth it, I have Moments of wanting to ordering a Relaxer but I think it is all in my mind, I am transitioning my mind as well to know that I don't need to Relax my hair, But I know one thing I cannot wait to grow out of this Twa, Twist take too long on a Twa especially one that is 2 inches, I just don't have that kind of time but I am going to be getting some new headbands and earrings etc.

This is Wonderful!!!

Paris Belle

This thread is right on time. I was seriously considering texturizing this past month. I remember my hair when I was tex-laxed back in 2004-2005 and I recalled it as being easier, even though I shed a lot more than I do now.

Anyway, I'm joining this challenge. Still working on a regimen and trying new products. I'm also trying new hair styles, mostly protective styles for 09.

voyagetome

I'm in! I just BC'd after an 11 month transition. I have about 4 or 5 inches of hair so its all wash and go's for me.

SignatureBeauty

This thread is right on time. I was seriously considering texturizing this past month. I remember my hair when I was tex-laxed back in 2004-2005 and I recalled it as being easier, even though I shed a lot more than I do now.

Anyway, I'm joining this challenge. Still working on a regimen and trying new products. I'm also trying new hair styles, mostly protective styles for 09.

I have been the same way, But I just don't feel like doing it, I have been Texlaxed before and my hair was pretty just like my Natural hair so it was like "Whats The Use" plus I don't think I would be able to do a Touch Up and end up straight LOL!! I am sticking with my Nappy Hair, just can't wait to Qhemet opens back up so I can get my staple products!

glamazon386

I'm in. I've been natural a little over 2 years now. My goal is to stick it out til year 3. If I am not close to reaching my goal by then, I probably will be texlaxing and calling it a day.

phyl73

I'm in as well. I just bc 1-21-09. I need help finding the right product for my natural hair. Oh I transitioned from October 2007 until 1-21-09.

Last edited:

TeaKyoo

I am so in. I have admit this is not much of a challenge because I am quite married, faithfuland totally in love with my natural kinky coily curly nappy head of hair.:kiss: I am committed.

However, with love and devotion comes those times where I am like..."hair, what are we gonna do? We need to go to marriage bootcamp/retreat/counselor to stir it up a bit!"

With all challenges we are here to support each other and remind ourselves why we CHOSE to be nappy cuz we could be doing something else right? So I will subscribe. Thanks for doing this NappturalWomyn!

Love peace and nappiness, TQ

czyfaith77

I needed this challenge. I find myself think about tex-laxing. Not because I do not like my texture but because of SHRINKAGE! I HATE SHRINKAGE! :wallbash: HATE IT! And I sometimes think with just the right and precise application I culd eliminate shrinkage and get more defined curls. I see my curls but I also see frizz and again that dern SHRINKAGE! Okay, I am finish venting. I will continue with my sew in until I figure which products that I like and whatever else...

blackbarbie

Even though I am still transitioning, can I join? I am going on 25 months of no relaxer and it's really not that big of a challenge because I don't see myself going back to a relaxer, but I would love to help someone else that may be on the fence.

In the past two years, I have retained 12 inches of natural hair but I still have 10 inches of relaxed hair remaining. I have been getting 3-4 inches trimmed off every 3 or 4 months.

I DC weekly with a concoction of quite a few almost empty containers that were under my cabinet which included: ORS, some type of biotin conditioner, a little bit of silicon mix, Suave coconut conditioner, silk amino acid, Tressemee, and coconut oil. I guess I will use up some more stuff under my cabinet when that's gone. I follow that up with a co-wash of Treseemee conditioner. I use Giovanni Direct Leave In, seal with Coconut oil and pull back into a high bun to air dry. After a couple of days when it's dry, I wear it out and just use a jumbo flexi rod to curl it.(and I am actually able to comb through it too!)

That's about it....Oh, I have been using MT since December 1, 2008, but I can't really say that I see a difference.:ohwell: (using it to get faster growth so I can get rid of the relaxed ends faster)