Stay Natural '09 Challenge

ycj

What's up NN, have'nt heard from you in a while!!! Would love to join this challenge, goodness knows I need the motivation since my bc in November 08. The only thing is I don't have a set regime yet still tweeking. But once I find one that works for me I will for sure be posting it. Count me in for sure!!!

keepinitnatural

Count me in! My regimen is as follows

* OPTIONAL: If hair in afro ponytail, shampoo w/ Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo
* Co-wash with Paul Mitchell's The Detangler
* Squeeze dry with hands, and section hair into 4-6 sections
* Apply SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner, seal ends with Jojoba Oil
* Two-strand twist and air-dry overnight
* Twist-out in AM

Pretty simple and straight-forward. Because I work out, this typically lasts me 2-3 days. If I'm too tired to twist my hair at night, I'll just put my hair in an afro puff, smooth my edges down with Fantasia IC Styling Gel for Color-Treated Hair, and flatten my edges with a scarf in the morning.

I just ordered Mega-Tek online and I can't wait to try it out. If any of you are currently using Mega-Tek, how is your natural hair handling it?

I rock two styles on the regular: the afro puff and the twist-out. Any other ideas for protective styles for natural short-haired beauties?

HHG Ladies!

Bigghair

I am in. I am almost 4 years fully natural and intend to stay that way.
My routine is simple: Wash with acv and Vo5 Strawberries and cream once a week. Seal wet hair with castor oil. Braid or twist to dry, and style when dry. I wear puffs, twists, twistouts, braidouts, fros, basically everything. Each night I do a scalp massage and moisturize with heavy cream. I have started using coconut oil on my hair and scalp too. Oh yeah sometimes I henna. Good luck to the other ladies in the challenge.

:yay:Yea love this challenge - I'm such a natural advocate. I've been natural for 5 yrs and have no intentions on putting any relaxer back in my hair so this woudn't be a challenge for me BUT I'll be here to root you gals on...your personal cheerleader!
:thewave:

Anashja

Im only at ear length... havent rocked the full 'fro b/c I am too tenderheaded to comb my hair thru (OUCH!) ... But my regi is simple... DC 1x week, co wash 1x week... I ususally sponge roll at night w/ grapeseed oil and chi silk ... and un-roll and off I go...

NappturalWomyn

Great. Welcome all new comers. No restrictions. No special products. No marketing ploys. No product hawking. Just a rule or two: Do what is necessary to stay natural. AND If you leave, you have to write here why. Simple.
I am still natural. I am down to very few products now. Less will be more.
I am done to a shampoo bar (one to wash, and one to clarify), coconut oil, AOHSR/AOWC, AfroVeda Curly Custard, egg yolks/honey/olive oil (fridge stuff), and water. End.

Ramya

I've finally found my staples.

Wash: Paul Mitchell special Tea Tree Shampoo
Condition: Aussie Moist
Protein: Cholesterol the Shea butter one
Moisture: 50% Glycerin, 50% water mix
Seal: Giovanni direct leave in

silenttullip

I'll join. I've been natural since May of 2005 and don't have the expected growth especially since hair grows 1 inch a month so I'm ready to change that and try new natural styles.

larry3344

I'm definitely in my hair is in braid extensions right now will see when I take them out in the beg. of august.

silenttullip

Regimen
Nugro shampoo / Aubrey Organics JAY
nugro deep conditioner / Aubrey Organics Green Tea Cream Rinse
Nugro Moisturizing Spray
(Suggest any good leave in's and detanglers I don't have one yet)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I failed this challenge, but I just love natural hair.:yep: I am working on doing a long transition. I am already missing textured styles.

Last edited:

laurend

This is no challenge for me, natural is part of me. I went natural 1986, then relaxed 1991, transitioned in 1994 and been natural ever since. I might be the last man standing but I don't care, I'm natural for life.

silenttullip

Okay so for my challange update hope its ok to do it. I just jumped into it but this motivated me to treat my hair better. I cut off my breakage and split ends I was so CLOSE to perming but I did NOT. I put my hair in braids with my natural hair and I'm doing what my hair deserves. I made a promise.

Pandora1975

I'm in. Still modifying my reggie, so I'm not gonna bother posting it all until I figure out everything.

I just realized how old this is.... I guess I'm in in spirit

Last edited:

cherryhair123

I needed to see this today. I know it's late but I'm adding myself to this challenge and I'm going to do my best to stay natural AT LEAST to the end of 2009. I love my hair but the extra time to get it like I want it is getting a little old. I know I probably need to braid or weave it up to get a break.

natumer

I am joining this challenge. I am 10 months post relaxer and transitioning. I still wear my hair straight go to the Dominican Salon about once a month. It's been easy and exciting so far. Waiting for my hair to grow as I transition out the perm.

PaleoChick

Hey everyone. Spoke to NapturalWomyn. She is still natural and wigging it. As for me, I am in. Sew in weave effective 9/16/09. Will post updates.