Stealing The Spotlight

preciouzone

Exodus 20:3(KJV) - Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Friend: "Hey Donnell, did you pray on it?"

Donnell: "Well, I... hmmm...no!"
As you should know by now, I am quite transparent with you. Everyday, there is a struggle in the life of a Christian to determine who is the god of the day. In other words, we have to decide on a daily basis who becomes our top priority. If I ask you to name the god of your life, what will be your response? However, before you finish your scripture quotation or repeat the lyrics of a "worship song" what would happen if I said, "Can you prove it?"

Discovering the Spotlight Stealer in the Life of a Christian!

1 When you have a major decision, who is your most trusted advisor?
2 What gets most of your time outside of your full time job?
3 When you get some extra cash, what is the first thing to cross your mind?
4 Which relationship in your life gets priority?
5 When you wake up in the morning, what do you think about first?
6 What do you talk about the most?
7 What occupies the most space in your mind and heart?

Imagine holding a powerful spotlight and having the liberty to shine it wherever you want in your life. Where would you want the most attention and what would you want to hide?
1 Corinthians 4:1-5(KJV) - Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 3But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. 5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
Our Heavenly Father is preparing each of us for the next stage in this amazing journey through life. Along the way, we might face some distractions but it is our responsibility to always find our way back to The One who matters the most and His name is Jesus. If Jesus has to be shoved to the side for some other aspect of your life then something is wrong. If your Christianity has to take a back seat for someone or something you like more, you have a problem.

So, now that you understand the foundation, let me share what's on my heart. Lately, I've been going through a transition. The Word of God, which used to be up for discussion even when taken in context is no longer up for discussion in my life. After growing up in church and watching people take certain things for granted it became easy for me to let things slip when obedience to God was concerned. However, the resulting struggle to see God's Will manifest fully in my life has pushed me to my limit.

I no longer accept anyone else's standard of Christianity as my own. It doesn't matter what somebody thinks a Christian is supposed to be like. It really means little if somebody thinks they know how I should live if it's not what the Bible says. I don't care who wants to make decisions and then justify them with intelligent reasoning and logic. I will not let the Voice of God become overwhelmed by other people's opinions.

Recently, several high profile ministers have hit their heads on the pavement hard and that has struck a Godly fear inside of me. I don't know about you but my mother says that if my neighbor's house is on fire I need to pour water on mine. So right now I have a spiritual hose connected to the Biblical fire hydrant and I am soaking my house down. Every day I am fixing something that's wrong with my life using my Biblical tool-box. I don't know what God wants me to deal with tomorrow but whatever needs to be fixed today will be fixed by the time the clock strikes midnight.

There is a new sense of urgency within me. God's fire is burning through The Church purifying what is His own and destroying what is not. So I am determined to remain in His Will to ensure that I don't get wiped out with the others. I hope you understand that the judgement of God comes to clear the way for the Kingdom of God to be established. Therefore, if we desire His Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven then we know what must happen first. Are you ready?

Source: www.thecrackeddoor.com