Steaming Into 2020!

KenyafromCT

I’ve been steaming consistently each week for a lot 3 months maybe? My hair has flourished. I use it to pre-poo(aloe, diy flax seed gel(but I make it thinner for these purposes), Rosemary/oregano rinse. Sit for 30 minutes. I also add onion/garlic juice to my scalp.

KenyafromCT

:headspin:Quick question

I began bagging on 7/9…. Friday/Sat/Mon/Wed/Friday. Is it safe to say that it’s equivalent to steaming with a steamer? I am not too sure if I want to steam this week as it may be too much. I’ve been baggying.

KenyafromCT

I would say similar but not as intense as steaming. Steaming helps the products penetrate more deeply.
I didn’t steam this week on wash dy. I haven’t baggyed either. I wanted to see how my hair would do without steaming. It’s stayed soft.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I always thought oils would prevent other things from being absorbed in the hair shaft. Are certain oils better than others in terms of absorption when steaming? Or does it not matter?
Watch Curly Chemistry on you tube. She’s a chemist. She has a few videos about oil. Oil depends on your hair porosity. She has a video about that too. Two oils that penetrate no matter the porosity are coconut oil and babassu oil according to her.