Steaming Into 2020!

KenyafromCT

Watch Curly Chemistry on you tube. She’s a chemist. She has a few videos about oil. Oil depends on your hair porosity. She has a video about that too. Two oils that penetrate no matter the porosity are coconut oil and babassu oil according to her.
Oh wow. Very interesting indeed. I’ll definitely check her out. Coconut oil hates my hair.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
How often are we cleaning our steamers? The instructions say bimonthly but when you look up bimonthly it can mean 2x/month and every 2 months…..

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
How often are we cleaning our steamers? The instructions say bimonthly but when you look up bimonthly it can mean 2x/month and every 2 months…..
@Shay72
I'll run some White Vinegar through there about 6 months or once a Year.

I should probably do it more often. But, about once a year tho'

NaturalEnigma

I steamed yesterday with Mielle's Rosemary Mint Strengthening Hair Masque. I know I saw some good reviews on it and so I picked it up at the store not even reading the name of the product, just reading the ingredients. My hair doesn't like high amounts of rosemary in products it makes my hair dry and I assumed it was a moisturizing conditioner until I started applying it and noticed the consistency was off. That's when I read the name of the conditioner and saw that it was strengthening and had rosemary (face palm).

I thought it was a moisturizing conditioner. I put it right after conditioning with Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner. I thought my hair would be super hard with all that protein, but it actually came out soft. It seems like it both moisturizes and strengthens and it has more moisturizing ingredients. So far so good. I'm going to keep using it.