Step Father Claims He Was Knocked Out, And 4-yr Abducted...

Kiowa

I admit I watch too much IDTV, but already side eying the step father...

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/nat...quTSNLcQ67jH42mtLl9zUPr9E9Px_n8Dac2Mdzo5dGlEA

Authorities in Houston are searching for a 4-year-old girl who was reported missing Saturday night by her stepfather.

Police say Maleah Davis may have been abducted by three men in a 2010 blue Chevrolet pickup, although authorities say their investigation is in its early stages. Detectives with the Houston Police Department are relying almost entirely on information provided by the girl’s stepfather, Darion Vence, who says he was ambushed by the men while driving to the airport Friday night with Maleah and his 2-year-old son. All three were abducted, Vence told police. He and the boy were left on the side of a highway nearly 24 hours later, Vence said, but Maleah was missing.

Vence told authorities he does not recall much of what happened between Friday night and Saturday night because he had been knocked unconscious

urbanchic

Nope, you are not over speculating. His story sounded fishy from the very beginning. The police recently confirmed that he has changed his story several times and it's not adding up.

It's also been revealed that CPS was involved. The baby has had brain surgery and they were investigating if it had something to do with child abuse.

This story is heartbreaking.

LdyKamz

None of it makes sense. They let him and the boy go after taking both? For what reason? And why let them go after they've seen them and can identify them? It doesn't make sense? And how old is the boy and did they ask him any questions? And the mother didn't report them missing after they never showed up to pick her up from the airport? They set out to pick her up Friday night and this man turns up at a hospital Saturday night minus a child. A whole entire day later and she didn't contact police when she got home and they weren't there? I really hope she's not in on it.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
The #1 most dangerous person to a child is a stepfather/mother's boyfriend. These stories are always the same; I just wonder how men like this think people are being fooled. (I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.)

And this is why my son has primary placement of my grandson today. Last November grand baby told his dad that mom's boyfriend hit him and when dad went to address it boyfriend got involved and called my 3 year old grand baby out of his name and said that he would beat him anytime he wanted to. The next day we was at court getting an emergency hearing and the court ruled that as long as mother is with boyfriend grand baby can't be around him. Boyfriend is also hitting mom but we can't control that as long as my grand baby is safe and my son is not in jail

Ms. Tarabotti

And this is why my son has primary placement of my grandson today. Last November grand baby told his dad that mom's boyfriend hit him and when dad went to address it boyfriend got involved and called my 3 year old grand baby out of his name and said that he would beat him anytime he wanted to. The next day we was at court getting an emergency hearing and the court ruled that as long as mother is with boyfriend grand baby can't be around him. Boyfriend is also hitting mom but we can't control that as long as my grand baby is safe and my son is not in jail

Thank goodness your grandson can talk and speak the truth.

rayne

The step-father did it. We just had something similar happen here. The kid's parents said that the son went missing from the home. They found out that the parents (or maybe just the father) killed him. I don't know why in this day and age people think they can get away with committing a crime.

I hope they find the baby soon.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Lord have mercy on this whole situation :nono: I’m glad you all took them to court

HappilyLiberal

See... if I were the mom, I would have been out as soon as my child had to have brain surgery. But, in any case, I'd be playing the drums on his head until he told me where my child's body is--because I do not believe they are going to find that baby alive. Of course, all of this would have required her to care more about her child than a piece of dyck!

blackgurll

I'm scratching my head at this woman's actions. She has a fight with her fiance during which she accuses him of being gay (on account of racy pics he sent to another man), gives him back the ring, and tells him she's leaving him. And THE NEXT DAY she leaves her small daughter - whom she alleges the fiance had abused - in this fiance's care???
I know she must be in a world of hurt but I just can't.

urbanchic

I'm scratching my head at this woman's actions. She has a fight with her fiance during which she accuses him of being gay (on account of racy pics he sent to another man), gives him back the ring, and tells him she's leaving him. And THE NEXT DAY she leaves her small daughter - whom she alleges the fiance had abused - in this fiance's care???
I know she must be in a world of hurt but I just can't.

That woman doesn't deserve any pity. The doctors called CPS because Maleah's head injury were so severe that she had to have brain surgery. On the news, they said a portion of her skull had to be removed. Her mother and boyfriend told the doctor she fell off of a chair. The doctor said her injury was too severe for something as simple as a fall and it didn't make sense. The mother and boyfriend did not want to take her to the hospital but the grandmother insisted.

After ALL of this Maleah's mother chose to stay with this man and leave her alone with him overnight while she she went out of town.

Guapa1

So glad your grandson is out of danger now. I simply can't understand how anyone can hurt a child.