Step Father Claims He Was Knocked Out, And 4-yr Abducted...

LdyKamz

Supposedly she was in Massachusetts for a funeral. Yes she went all the way to Massachusetts and left her child with a man she’d just threatened to leave due to a gay relationship on the side
That stuck out to me too. People be wanting to take back something as small as a sweater when they break up with someone (even if they don't mean it) but you mean to tell me I threaten to break up with you and leave my child? It makes zero sense. THEY did something to her and now she's trying to save herself.

Leeda.the.Paladin

She shouldn’t have left her kid but no one expects an ex to murder their child because of a breakup. This rests solely on him.
I agree that it’s on him .But I disagree, that with all of the men in the news that kill their girlfriends kids, and the fact that he put that child in the hospital before, that she thought there would be no repercussions for their fight.

This was murder on his part and neglect on hers.

dicapr

I agree that it’s on him .But I disagree, that with all of the men in the news that kill their girlfriends kids, and the fact that he put that child in the hospital before, that she thought there would be no repercussions for their fight.

I’m going with she believed the BF over
what the doctors said. CPS dropped the ball on that one because the child should have been monitored/removed from the home. There are plenty who grow up on conspiracy theories who won’t trust the dr or government but will believe a lying man.

tolly

Of course the woman is to blame. She chose this man in the first place. Leaving her daughter in his care especially after threatening a breakup is akin to dropping her in the middle of traffic or whatever ridiculous endangering condition you can think of!!!

dicapr

Double post.

aminata

Unfortunately, we already knew the ending of the story from the first headline. Absolutely heartbreaking. And yes the mother does have blame, we shall see how her role unfolds.

I think she is not only guilty of neglect but she left her child and the other baby knowing what a danger he was.

So many questions.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I’m going with she believed the BF over
what the doctors said. CPS dropped the ball on that one because the child should have been monitored/removed from the home. There are plenty who grow up on conspiracy theories who won’t trust the dr or government but will believe a lying man.
The mom had admitted that she suspected he was abusing and molesting that baby.
Protesters mob Maleah Davis’ mother after court hearing for her boyfriend

A court date for Maleah Davis' mother's live-in boyfriend on Monday turned into a volatile scene as protesters chased the missing girl's mother out of the Houston courthouse and down the street, alleging that she was just as complicit in her daughter's possible death

least a dozen people, some bearing signs and T-shirts declaring "Justice for Maleah," had arrived for an initial court appearance for Derion Vence, the boyfriend accused of tampering with a human corpse in the four-year-old's disappearance. His court date was reset, but the protesters and reporters swarmed mother Brittany Bowens when she walked out of court with community activist Quanell X.

CLUES: Police find blood linked to Maleah Davis in family's apartment

Bowens stood back when Quanell X spoke, shaking as tears rolled down her cheeks.

The main thing right now that all of us want to know is, what did he do with Maleah?" Quanell X said.

The protesters drowned out Quanell X as he spoke to reporters.

"Why isn't she locked up?" one yelled.

"She let it happen," another said, referencing Bowens' admissions on Friday that she knew Vence might have been abusing and molesting her daughter.

After several minutes, Quanell X and Bowens walked down the hallway of the courthouse. Protesters followed, chanting, "Justice for Maleah!"

Several people yelled while tailing the mother down the street. One person handed her a poster and hugged her. Bowens broke down crying.

The mother had left Maleah and her other two children in Vence's care while she was out of state for a family member's funeral, Quanell X said. But on May 4, Vence reported Maleah missing and told police he had been knocked in-and-out of consciousness for nearly 24 hours while his stepdaughter was abducted. He said he was checking on a possible flat tire on the way to Bush Intercontinental Airport, where he was supposed to pick up his fiance, and was attacked by three men.

dicapr

The mom had admitted that she suspected he was abusing and molesting that baby.
Protesters mob Maleah Davis’ mother after court hearing for her boyfriend

A court date for Maleah Davis' mother's live-in boyfriend on Monday turned into a volatile scene as protesters chased the missing girl's mother out of the Houston courthouse and down the street, alleging that she was just as complicit in her daughter's possible death

least a dozen people, some bearing signs and T-shirts declaring "Justice for Maleah," had arrived for an initial court appearance for Derion Vence, the boyfriend accused of tampering with a human corpse in the four-year-old's disappearance. His court date was reset, but the protesters and reporters swarmed mother Brittany Bowens when she walked out of court with community activist Quanell X.

CLUES: Police find blood linked to Maleah Davis in family's apartment

Bowens stood back when Quanell X spoke, shaking as tears rolled down her cheeks.

The main thing right now that all of us want to know is, what did he do with Maleah?" Quanell X said.

The protesters drowned out Quanell X as he spoke to reporters.

"Why isn't she locked up?" one yelled.

"She let it happen," another said, referencing Bowens' admissions on Friday that she knew Vence might have been abusing and molesting her daughter.

After several minutes, Quanell X and Bowens walked down the hallway of the courthouse. Protesters followed, chanting, "Justice for Maleah!"

Several people yelled while tailing the mother down the street. One person handed her a poster and hugged her. Bowens broke down crying.

The mother had left Maleah and her other two children in Vence's care while she was out of state for a family member's funeral, Quanell X said. But on May 4, Vence reported Maleah missing and told police he had been knocked in-and-out of consciousness for nearly 24 hours while his stepdaughter was abducted. He said he was checking on a possible flat tire on the way to Bush Intercontinental Airport, where he was supposed to pick up his fiance, and was attacked by three men.

Is this some hind sight stuff that she is now putting 2 and 2 together? If she knew and continued to have a relationship with him she is guilty.

Last edited:

Leeda.the.Paladin

Is this some hind sight stuff that she is now putting 2 and 2 together? If she knew and continued to have a relationship with him she is guilty.
It is hard to tell because the lawyer, being a good lawyer, is not being direct but saying that mom had reason to believe there was abuse. But he looks to be indicating in a round about way that both the mom and the child suffered abuse. It’s in this article :
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...h-Davis-blames-girl-s-stepfather-13836630.php

And this one

https://abc13.com/mom-of-missing-maleah-davis-makes-bombshell-allegations/5294489/
Quanell suggested that Vence was angry after he and Bowens fought and broke up.

Tim Miller spoke with Eyewitness News about the recent allegations in the search for Maleah Davis.

"On the day that Brittany left to be with her sick father -- her dying father -- to be with family, there was a huge fight between her and him," Quanell said. "He was hurt, he was angry, he was upset."

Bowens reportedly broke off the couple's engagement.

"She told him she was giving back his ring and that she was not going to marry him. I believe that caused him to snap in anger," Quanell said. "There is a reason to believe, based on what I know now, there's issues of him possibly molesting young Maleah."

Quanell admitted Bowens never reported any alleged abuse to police.

Houston police say they have no additional comment during their ongoing investigation. Eyewitness News is in the process of reaching out to Vence for a response to the allegations.

That article also mentioned that CPS gave them custody of the kids back because the doctors could not confirm that it was definitely abuse that caused the injuries.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Look, I know I look like I’m coming down hard on the mom. I do feel a lot of pity for her. People in her situation usually have a lot of failings in their own childhood. And maybe she really did think her kid would be ok, maybe she just thought he wouldn’t go beyond his usual abuse and she was probably stressed with her dad dying, but she is not completely blameless.

I do think people are coming down extra hard on her, calling her a murderer and what not, just because they dont have access to the stepfather.

dicapr

It is hard to tell because the lawyer, being a good lawyer, is not being direct but saying that mom had reason to believe there was abuse. But he looks to be indicating in a round about way that both the mom and the child suffered abuse. It’s in this article :
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...h-Davis-blames-girl-s-stepfather-13836630.php

And this one

https://abc13.com/mom-of-missing-maleah-davis-makes-bombshell-allegations/5294489/

That article also mentioned that CPS gave them custody of the kids back because the doctors could not confirm that it was definitely abuse that caused the injuries.

If CPS couldn’t substantiate the abuse mom was probably floating down the river denial until something happened to her child. She should have gone with her gut feelings.

dicapr

I don't understand why the mother would leave her little girl with a man who she suspects is molesting and being physically abusive to her. There's no excuse for that. :mad:

I’m currently taking classes to be a foster parent so this is where my info comes from. In these cases many times the women are abused too and afraid to leave and/or are victims of abuse themselves and they have internalized or normalized abuse. The third option is that they chose the man over the safety of their children.

I am hoping mom is looking back and seeing all the clues she missed or trusted the CPS findings over her gut. If she knew and let it go on she deserves to be charged.

ETA: Drug usage is also a factor.

VinaytheMrs

Loving Life
I’ve been following this story for over a week. I’m on a true crime forum (websleuths) and some Facebook groups. I think the mom killed her and he did the clean up. There are texts showing mom was home when he brought her back from daycare. She claims he “snuck her in.”

I think this is going to be messy. The mom hasn’t had any real tears most of the time. She hides her face a lot. Body language way off.
I understand she may be in shock.

The media hasn’t released any video of the mothers whereabouts. They confirmed she was out of town 4/30-5/3. Maleah last seen 4/30. This is all so sad.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I’m currently taking classes to be a foster parent so this is where my info comes from. In these cases many times the women are abused too and afraid to leave and/or are victims of abuse themselves and they have internalized or normalized abuse. The third option is that they chose the man over the safety of their children.

I am hoping mom is looking back and seeing all the clues she missed or trusted the CPS findings over her gut. If she knew and let it go on she deserves to be charged.

ETA: Drug usage is also a factor.
There's another option. The man keeps the kids to make sure the mother will come back. My cousin was a pimp and he would keep his girls kids and tell them if they ran off their kids would have to make up whatever money they didn't bring in. I don't know if he ever made good on those threats but I wouldn't put it past him.

dicapr

There's another option. The man keeps the kids to make sure the mother will come back. My cousin was a pimp and he would keep his girls kids and tell them if they ran off their kids would have to make up whatever money they didn't bring in. I don't know if he ever made good on those threats but I wouldn't put it past him.

I’d put that under the abuse umbrella. It’s just emotional rather than physical.

naturalgyrl5199

Good for them running her out of town. I have a smidgen of sympathy but not really. These cases are truly heinous. Women have been found to be complicit in some dangerous things when it comes to their own children. I have seen and heard the absolute worse. Like Precious-type stuff with newborns. And worse. We need more Quanell X's doing this with men and women found to be complicit in the abuse and murder of a child. The more people fear the punishment the better we can be. It really needs to be kicked up to capital punishment with no lower degrees of charges. I'm against the death penalty generally except when it comes to children. People who hurt children aren't fit to breathe. Their only punishment ought to be a firing range or guillotine.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
When I was in school and doing my social work rotation there was a client of mines who's mom did this to her. This happens to a lot of young girls either the pimp hold them or the parents pimp out the kids. It turned my stomach cause she was so out of it she told it like her mom sent to the store to get candy and come back. Saw her a couple of years later she wasn't in a good state of mind and she had black eye. My mind runs on her often. I know she had a daughter and I only hoped that she and daughter manged to get out of whatever situation she was in.

I feel like the mother played a greater role in this more than we know. Abuse and denial run deep in a lot of families but something about the mother speaks volumes. Then the whole CPS thing.

May that poor child R.I.P. and I hope her brothers get sent to loving home with the right people.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I was always extra paranoid about leaving my kids with anyone.

I even look at my sons father sideways and I know he would murder everyone in sight if something happened to our baby.

I always said if anything ever happened to my older son there would be no , where was his parents because where he went I went. If I was out late, so was he.

I dont trust anyone to care for my own like we do. nah suh.

I however can see, we break up and we have a child together, Im not expecting you to do harm to our children. Now, I wouldnt have left my daughter with him but I could see her leaving the boy and then feeling bad. ( I could see it, doesnt mean I myself would do it)

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:amen: !!

Good for them running her out of town. I have a smidgen of sympathy but not really. These cases are truly heinous. Women have been found to be complicit in some dangerous things when it comes to their own children. I have seen and heard the absolute worse. Like Precious-type stuff with newborns. And worse. We need more Quanell X's doing this with men and women found to be complicit in the abuse and murder of a child. The more people fear the punishment the better we can be. It really needs to be kicked up to capital punishment with no lower degrees of charges. I'm against the death penalty generally except when it comes to children. People who hurt children aren't fit to breathe. Their only punishment ought to be a firing range or guillotine.

SoniT

I’ve been following this story for over a week. I’m on a true crime forum (websleuths) and some Facebook groups. I think the mom killed her and he did the clean up. There are texts showing mom was home when he brought her back from daycare. She claims he “snuck her in.”

I think this is going to be messy. The mom hasn’t had any real tears most of the time. She hides her face a lot. Body language way off.
I understand she may be in shock.

The media hasn’t released any video of the mothers whereabouts. They confirmed she was out of town 4/30-5/3. Maleah last seen 4/30. This is all so sad.
I agree that the mother's body language is off. She just shakes her head and covers her face. She also wouldn't answer any questions. I've been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Let me go over to websleuths and see what they're saying. This story has really touched me. How anyone could hurt that beautiful, innocent little girl blows my mind. :(