Stephanie Suthers Hairobics!!!

VALLEYGIRL

OK Today before I went to work I went to the Hairobics main office located here in Southern California and Stephanie Suthers the founder of the company was in the office.

I don't know if any of you have ever seen her picture but she has 100% completely natural kinky 4b KNEE LENGTH hair!!! It was a sight to see. She had it in a bun ( a few buns...her hair is very thick) but b/c I talked so much about hair she took it down for me to see. She let me touch it..it was strong and soft at the same time. Not matted or even tangled. She could glide a comb right through it.

I have never seen a black woman with long natural hair like that ever!!! She was super sweet and looked at my hair and told me that it was healthy and in good condition and that I should start wearing it up more and especially at night and on cold windy days like today.

I liked her b/c she was not trying to push her products or even her regimine. She suggested that I try the detangler oil b/c of my problem with knots and the Spearmint Spritz b/c I wear my hair curly...the Spearmint Spritz is basically a gel packed with herbs and essential oils. She was not like Mr John who pretty much said "Do this b/c nothing else will work."

She said she has been bald 9 TIMES in her life from bad perms colors and hot combs. She even showed me a picture of her with a TWA and a big blow out fro. It is unbelieveable how her hair has totally transformed.
She was a Russian Ballet Dancer so she is extremely disciplined. She is in great shape...she is 50 but looks late 30's. Very toned body, and great skin. She works out 4 hours a day! And not to mention she had about 5 empty water bottles on her desk and an entire case ready and waiting to be drunk on the side.

She pretty much wears her hair up and in its natural state most of the time, in her fancy multiple bun style (that I wont even attempt to describe.) She said she applies the Scalp Booster to her scalp along with the Hair and Scalp Leave-In. Then on the length of her hair she applies the Detangler Oil. She says that the key to her growth is in the scalp booster and the leave in. She also applies the pomade to the ends of her hair. ( I hope I am getting all this correct she shared so much with me)

She dusts her hair every day. Doing a different section every day. Each section takes her 2 hours to do.

She says when we wash to gently wring the hair never scrub b/c this creates tangles.

She says hair can grow whether natural or relaxed we just have to find a routine that works and is the right one for you.

I invited her to check out our website but she is soooooo busy she probably won't have the time.

She gave me some color pics from an old flyer that was taken when her hair was waist length. I will upload them for any of you ladies that have not gotten the opportunity to see her hair.

Valleygirl

PS she says she gets a lot of people asking her if her hair is in Dred Locs but it is NOT. She definitely wanted me to make that clear since I saw it for myself. Her website is:
www.hairobicsallnatural.com her pic is in the middle where she is holding it down in the middle of her back. The ones she gave me from the old flyer are better though.

Like I said I will upload them when I can get someone to scan them for me.

Justice4alw

Valleygirl, thanks so much for sharing this information! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

May I ask a question please? What do you mean when you say that she "dusts" her hair?

TIA!

G

Wow Valleygirl! Your visit sounded so exciting! Let us know when you get those pictures posted. I can't wait to see them!

VALLEYGIRL

Hi Justice
Dusting the hair is basically a small trim when you remove just enough of the very ends of the hair which leaves a "dusting" of hair on the floor.

HTH
Valleygirl

Nova

Valley Girl:

I visited this site over a year ago. I wanted to order some of her products. But I'm trying to cure my PJ habits! Thanks for the information. Got to go! Have to see how much money is in my piggy bank!

LondonDiva

Valleygirl

Thannks so much for sharing this information with us. This lady sounds VERY nice indeed to share all that time and info with you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif OMG (<---Pandora the G stands for 'goodness' /images/graemlins/laugh.gif re:confessional) she is so disciplined with her health and her body.

Wow what an inspiration. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I wonder if she'd visit over here at some point, I know she's very busy but she sounds like she has so much to offer all the ladies here.

I'm just /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif 4b knee length. Wow I'm inspired all over again, and after having been bald 9 times. That lady is a walking testimony. Mad props to her and you for sharing with us.

I can't wait to see the pictures when you upload them.

Integrity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LondonDiva said:
OMG (&lt;---Pandora the G stands for 'goodness' /images/graemlins/laugh.gif re:confessional)

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif ok i wont go off now. its just that 9 out of 10 times the G is God. i like to say oh my goodness as well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

I'm not gonna lie I curse like I don't know what (which I'm trying to quit...it's harder than stopping smoking, but I'm getting there) but for me blaspheming /images/graemlins/nono.gif And if I do, it's straight into prayer for forgiveness.

Allandra

Hi ValleyGirl, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Wow. It sounds like you had a wonderful conversation with Stephanie S. I think that was so sweet and kind of her to take her hair out of the bun for you to see. I can only imagine how pretty her hair must be. I look forward to seeing the pictures once you get them scanned. Geez, I would love to see a picture of her bun. It must have been beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

sweetcocoa

Pandora said:
So Andre reckons type 4 hair cannot grow long huh? i wish he could see her fotos.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Valleygirl, thanks for posting this info. I'm looking forward to seeing those pics. I need some motivation right now...not only for my hair, but I'm also starting to feel 'old'. Her body regime sounds awsome too. I wonder if she has a website on that also....

londongirl3

WOW!! I see why people may think her hair is locked (I thought it was until I really looked and saw the stretched out bit). She should have more pictures up on the site. The one picture does not do her hair justice especially since it has grown longer.

My hair grows too!! I have been looking at my ratty braids which have been in for 5 weeks wondering if they were badly braided or whether my hair has actually grown. I eventually decided to undo some few strands and measure my hair length. It HAS grown between half and one inch. So 4a/4b hair does grow!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
4b knee-length hair? Ther's hope for me yet! I've seen the photo on the site, but like a lot of other people, I thought the her hair was locked. I'm going to have to give her products another look.

Now where did I put that credit card? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Billygirl61

Valleygirl So glad you posted the info about about Stephanie I have talked to her several times over the phone about hair conditions,and everything you said Valleygirl is absolutely true.I personally use the leave in conditioner on and off over the last few months. She had told me she is hoping to update her websight with the latest pictures at knee length she is a a great inspiration just as a person By for now Billie

Valerie

I saw her picture on her website, I thought it was type 4a, anyway, how does she keep her hair so soft, so that the comb just glides through. Thank you very much for the information. We need some motivation. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Armyqt

Great info Valleygirl. I checked out her site and her products sound very good. I love all natural ingredients. They have become such a part of my regime lately. This is definitely right on time. I'm not natural but my daughter is and I'd love to grow her hair down her back!! Thanks again. Can't wait to see those pics. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

Thanks Valleygirl,

For this wonderful information. /images/graemlins/wink.gif By the way, did she say how long it took for her to achieve the length?

beana3

thanks for sharing valleygirl, i enjoyed reading your post. She is so inspiring, I wish someone wwould confront andre with her hair progress, I'd like to see what he would say /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I like to see black women who take care of their bodies inside out. She seems to have a very positive attitude as well.

Integrity

beana3 said:
I wish someone wwould confront andre with her hair progress, I'd like to see what he would say /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! he might argue that she is 'mixed' somewhere along her family tree /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also wonder how he accounts for the thousands of brothers and sistars (some, i am sure with 4ab hair) with dreadlocks to the butts /images/graemlins/mad.gif

LondonDiva

As a former loc wearer myself, the reason why they grow so long anyways is beacause all the hair that is supposed to shed get's loced up. by no means am I am disputing that 4b's cannot grow their hair to any lengths but I think for loc wearers of any hair type the reason for the amazing growth is they keep all the hair, whereas we lose and discard of ours through shedding, cutting, breaking etc. All of that would remain in the loc and grow and grow. The length I achieved with locs took me 10 months, the same length with 'free' hair took closer to 2 years.

Integrity

wait a minute. the no shedding may explain the thickness with locs but not the length??? or maybe i am just underestimating the effect of daily manipulation on our hair, relaxed or natural. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

azul11

i'm lost who is andre? and what did he say about 4a hair? is this the same andre that has the 3a,3b,4a..etc hair system? did he make these comments in his book?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif God bless you all.

Ennyaa

Wow... Now THAT's inspirational. Knee-length 4b hair!!! WOW.
One question though (before I order cuz you KNOW I'm gonna right? lol) The first ingredient in the Hair and Scalp Booster is Vegetable petroleum. Would this clog the pores the same way that mineral oil would? Cuz I think that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it?

Integrity

azul11 said:
i'm lost who is andre? and what did he say about 4a hair? is this the same andre that has the 3a,3b,4a..etc hair system? did he make these comments in his book?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Azul, yes and yes /images/graemlins/mad.gif