**~** Stick To The Reggies Challenge 2012 **~**

indarican

Hey all!!!
Its that time again, 2012 is on its way in and the challenges have begun!!

I have found that reading through most of the testimonials that those with the most growth, retention and healthiest hair have a tried and true reggie that they stick too.
:perplexed
Here is my problem I could go through 5 or 6 different reggies in a year and wonder why im not getting the results that I want.

Here are the guidelines!!!

You must chose and stick to a reggie for at least 3 months.(sometimes it takes longer for hair to respond to treatment) If after those three months you find that your hair really isnt feeling it, switch it up. *** The goal is to find a reggie that you can keep FOR LIFE!!!***

Check in/ update -
03/01/2012
06/01/2012
09/01/2012
Pictures are not mandatory but you know we all love the inspiration!!
For those in the HYH challenge, you can just give measurements if you want...we'll believe ya!

Answer these questions:
-what is your current reggie?
-what is your biggest hair issue? (breakage, SSK's, shedding?)
-are you going for length or health or both?

Last edited:

indarican

here is my answers.
dc and shampoo once a week. shampoo with baking soda.
moisturize with shea moisture leave in followed by sealing with oil butter mix (for every twisting session)
moisturize with kcnt and seal with shea butter on daily basis
ghe 5 nights a week/ baggy as often as possible under HW and phony ponies
oil scalp with mtg mix every other night
cowash with cheapie conditioner 3 times a week.
NO CUTTING!!!

my biggest hair is when i was relaxed was breakage, but i am newly natural and it seems to be now that my biggest issue is these damn SSKs

BOTH BABY!!!!

Will post starting photo dec 31st.

silenttullip

I'm in!!! This has been my major issue. I hope more people join :)

prepoo and massage
BWC Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Shampoo - 1st Lather Remove Build Up
CoN Argan or Vo5 Chamomile - 2nd Lather Moisturize & Gentle Cleanse
Condition or deep condition aohsr or con n&s
Moisturize & Seal - water & evco or evoo
Styler – Whipped Shea Butter
S&D every 8-12 Weeks cowash when needed with vo5 or giovanni
(I changed a few things it just looked like too much)
-what is your biggest hair issue?
SSK's and lack of protein
-are you going for length or health or both? BOTH

Last edited:

dede1129

I would Love to Join this challenge! This past year I was all over the place with my reggie but I think I am finally finding things that are specifically working for my hair.

Shampoo once a week with Organix Sulfate Free Coconut Milk Shampoo
Deep Condition with ORS Hair Mayonaise & Honey
CoWash 2 times a week with Silicone Mix
Moisturize with Argan Oil

Split Ends

Both, I want to be a healthy, full MBL in 2012, I am BSL now

Giggletush

I would like to try this out. I've been seriously neglecting my hair. Maybe a little consistent TLC will turn it around.

Don't have one (yeah...I know)
But I just started the Teressentials detox and hope to implement more "natural" products in my routine.
I hope to wash weekly or biweekly, depending on how my hair feels.
I hope to PS more frequently and actually HIDE my ends, instead of just putting it up.

SSKs, Shedding and really dry hair.

Going for both! With health will come the length.

NewHairWOWeave

what is your current reggie?
stretching for at least 8-10 weeks. Clipping my ends EVERY 3 months. I go to the salon 2X a month and I wash my hair at home 2X a month and DC after every wash.I moisturize daily and cover my hair at night with a silk scarf.
VITAMINS: GNC Hair Nails and Skin Vitamins, Alter Ego Herbal Drops (after wash)
SHAMPOO: VO5 Clarifying shampoo, WEN CON Moisture Poo
CONDITIONER: KeraCare Humecto, WEN
DEEP CONDITIONER: CON ARGON OIL packets, CON Moisture Intensive Conditioner w/Hot 6 Oil, ORS Hair Mayo w/ EVOO
PROTIEN: Mega Tek mixed with oils to my scalp at least 1X a week. Aphogee Treatment 6-8 weeks
MOISTURIZE: Neutrogena Triple Crème, ORS Olive Oil Crème

BREAKAGE,PROTIEN OVERLOAD

Im goinh fo health first then ill add length

Last edited:

SunySydeofLyfe

I'm trying to decide curly or straight weave or no weave...ughhhh....need to decide so I can get a reggie. I'm excited cause I want BSL in 6 months...whats a girl to do???

indarican

[USER=9474 said:
SunySydeofLyfe[/USER];14901549]I'm trying to decide curly or straight weave or no weave...ughhhh....need to decide so I can get a reggie. I'm excited cause I want BSL in 6 months...whats a girl to do???

I know for me weave was a no go, but that was only because i was unaware of how to care for my hair underneath the weave. I do better with wigs with that i can take that sucker of and get to my head, plus they are way less expensive...lol

cornell34

I am the worst, I change my reggie every day but with this challenge I will at least stick to something for 3 months - I am so glad I am joining this and someone can hold me accountable...please do!

What is your current reggie?
CurlyGirl Method
Conditioner Wash w/ DevaCurl One Daily Conditioner/finger-detangle (leave conditioner in hair), seal w/ BJCO, and gel w/ DevaCurl AnGel and scarf down every morning
Take MSM, Garlic, and Biotin daily, drink 1 gallon of H20, exercise 5-6x/week and give myself a scalp massge w/ growth elixir (just rosemary, lavender, and peppermint essential oils mixed with jojoba) everyday
Moisturize w/ water, seal w/ JBCO, and cover my hair w/ a scarf every night
Dry detangle w/ EVOO/Prepoo w/ AO HSR or GPB/Wash w/ DevaCurl No-poo/DC w/ DevaCurl Heaven in Hair every Saturday or Sunday (leave Heaven in Hair in my hair)
Henna every other week (6x every cycle) - like wash day but apply henna and let it sit for 4+ hours before actual wash in wash day
No cutting until 3/1/12

What is your biggest hair issue? (breakage, SSK's, shedding?)
SSKs, the shape of my hair is horrible (I need to get my hair shaped), and i see absolutely no growth

Are you going for length or health or both?
I am going for both

**If anything changes in my reggie, I will make the change before 1/1/12, otherwise I can't change anything until 3/1/12** And I will try to stick to this reggie for 6 months!

Sugadoll

* co wash twice a week with tresseme moisture rich condish, deep conditoning with a mix of shea butter, ORS MAYO, cholesterol, and olive oil.
*I seal with a heavy mixture it is DAX pomade melted and mixed with olive oil. i oil my scalp with cayenne oil.
*my clue to when it's time to use ORS aloe shampoo is when the cayenne oil does NOT make my scalp tingle.
* i apply the cayenne oil daily to my scalp
then put on my wigcap and my wig.
-what is your biggest hair issue?
* i'm 51 years old so I feel my hair growth has decreased so I want some thing to give my hair a boost. my hair was very dry with alot of breakage I noticed how bad my damage had gotten in Jan 2011. The broken areas are looking alot better.
*i want both health and growth
:drunk:I am in if y'all with have me:drunk:

Last edited:

NewHairWOWeave

Im getting a my stash items stocked. I might trade my GNC vits for Nioxin for 6 months and see the results. But I have to get my Keratin Mist, and CON Argan Oil Poo and Condsih and Water based moisturizer.

MsSonya

I really NEED this challenge. I have a TWA. I havent paid much attention to my hair this past year. So this is the best reggie I have for now.
I get my hair pressed every three weeks. The first week I don't have to do much just keep it lightly oiled and wear back in a bun. The second week I moisturize a bit heavier. The third week my TWA is in full effect so I cowash, deep condish, and moisturize like a mad woman. hehehe
Conditioner- Tressemme healthy volume
Deep Conditioner- Miss Key
Moisturizer Leave in- African Pride
I was a product junkie. Learned to keep it simple so I won't give up.
Work in progress, so this will definitely be a challenge. :spinning:

indarican

garciagirl and MsSonya i see you... Welcome. When I get to my computer. I'll add you guys to the challenger list.

One more week left in 2011, I'm trying to stock up on my Reggie items and I just found out that my local BSS sells miss jessies items!!!!! I've always wanted to try those! But I made a commitment to You guys and myself...

indarican

Good morning all!!! today is day 4 of my cornrows and they seem to be holding up pretty good. I used my shea moisture leave in for the moisturizer but I need a good dc moisturizer before we start the challenge, i just realized all my products have some sort of protien in it, i want a dc with just straight moisture. Any suggestions.

Giggletush

Giggletush hows the reggie coming along?

I'm still trying to figure things out.....I know....sigh. :look:

Gonna try to stick with a very very KISS regimen. Wash and DC once a week.
Moisturize and seal twice in between.
I'm also gonna PS about 95% of the time with twists and braids coverered with head wraps....trying the Badu thing for a bit. It'll make my morning routine sooo much easier for school.

As for products, I'm trying to be as natural as possible...no cones, parabens or sulfates.
Shampoo is terressentials, Dc with a mix of shae and oils. Strenghten with henna treatments. Still trying to see how often to fit those into my Reggie. All in all, I'm excited for 2012! :drunk:

Bublin

I'd like to join. After so many years off and on this forum i have finally got reggie/products my hair likes and have come to the conclusion that my hair is high maintainence, fragile and breaks very easily when shed hair is not removed regularly. :yep:

1x a week shampoo with CON Argan Oil shampoo, dc with Keracare Humecto or with CON Argan Oil Deep Conditioner, Keracare Leave-in, moisturise with Keracare Hairdress or with Bee Mine Lusicious. Castor Oil mix to scalp and hair to seal. Put into approx 10 braids and wear braid-outs put into a protective style.

1x a week (my version of a co-wash) small amount of Shampoo to scalp and wash hair with VO5 Clarifying Conditioner. Follow the rest of my usual routine.

No combing until wash day and it is soppying wet with conditioner, moisturise and seal daily.

Dusting every 6 weeks.

Shed hair being left in my hair causes breakage so cannot leave wash day for more than 4 days.

Both.

Last edited:

Bublin

Good morning all!!! today is day 4 of my cornrows and they seem to be holding up pretty good. I used my shea moisture leave in for the moisturizer but I need a good dc moisturizer before we start the challenge, i just realized all my products have some sort of protien in it, i want a dc with just straight moisture. Any suggestions.

@indarican
Keracare Humecto Conditioner (i'm using the regular line, not the natural line but i'm sure it's just as good) turned my hair around with it's first use! It is extremely moisturising. If you are deep conditioning in your cornrows then the Humecto is perfect as it's not a thick cream and washes out easily.
The CON Argan Oil line is also super moisturising.
I've heard good things about Kenra but have not tried it.