STILL LOTS OF SHORT BROKEN HAIRS (pics)

TraciChanel

Thanks for sharing. Well, there lies one part of the problem. You need to moisturize and seal every day - maybe 2x a day if your hair is extra dry. I personally use my own concoction of aloe vera juice mixed w/ hemp and grapeseed oil (in a spray bottle) to spray on my hair in the mornings and evenings. I seal with shea butter or sometimes JBCO. That has cut a lot on my breakage...in fact, I barely see it anymore. Make sure your moisturizer is water based (or aloe vera based) and always make sure to seal afterwards with a natural oil. When I was researching how to moisturize and seal I did a search on YT and they have tutorials on how to do them properly. Of course, you can always search this forum on some good moisturizers that you can buy too! Oh...and get that trim as well :yep:.

HTH!

Thx. I don't use much to moisturize and seal. When I did I was using a Shea butter and oil mix when I last had extensions. Now all I do is maybe leave a little conditioner in after a cowash then put coconut or grapeseed oil some gel and bun.

I did a protein dc on Thursday only because I called myself trying to do a strand test thinking I need to incorporate both protein and moisture into my regimen.

I ask about the trim cause I don't know how much to get taken off and if I should have it done before it after a sew in. I also want to still be able to pull it back.

newgrowth15

Thanks for sharing. Well, there lies one part of the problem. You need to moisturize and seal every day - maybe 2x a day if your hair is extra dry. I personally use my own concoction of aloe vera juice mixed w/ hemp and grapeseed oil (in a spray bottle) to spray on my hair in the mornings and evenings. I seal with shea butter or sometimes JBCO. That has cut a lot on my breakage...in fact, I barely see it anymore. Make sure your moisturizer is water based (or aloe vera based) and always make sure to seal afterwards with a natural oil. When I was researching how to moisturize and seal I did a search on YT and they have tutorials on how to do them properly. Of course, you can always search this forum on some good moisturizers that you can buy too! Oh...and get that trim as well :yep:.

HTH!

The other thing to consider is your diet. Are you drinking plenty of water? Do you eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables? Are you eating the right amount of protein? Do you get enough exercise? All of these things play a part in having healthy hair, skin and nails. HTH

laurend085

HTH!

I was spraying talia wajiid (sp) mist bodifier but I stopped because I didn't want to mess up where I had laid my hair down. I think I will do the trim.

laurend085

The other thing to consider is your diet. Are you drinking plenty of water? Do you eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables? Are you eating the right amount of protein? Do you get enough exercise? All of these things play a part in having healthy hair, skin and nails. HTH

No I've never been a big water drinker. I do eat fruits and veggies. I've just made myself a new diet plan which includes a lot of protein and started taking a multivitamin. I'm trying to exercise more now. My nails have always been long regardless they grow really fast.

laurend085

Thanks for the suggestions!! I went to my stylist this morning to get a trim. I was going to do just one inch. Then she asked (which I was thinking about anyway) if I wanted to go ahead and take off all the relaxed ends so it wouldn't end up splitting to my new growth since the relaxed ends were just breaking off anyway. I had between a half inch to 2 inches left. So I decided to go ahead and cut it off because there was no need in holding on to those and they weren't helping my hair.

So my hair looks and feels better thus far, I was able to pull it into a puff. I may start a thread on my hair at some point in the future.

keepithealthy

I'm happy to hear that you cut off the relaxed ends. I wish you the best on your natural journey. I would love to know how your natural hair is doing.

laurend085

I'm happy to hear that you cut off the relaxed ends. I wish you the best on your natural journey. I would love to know how your natural hair is doing.

Thank you!! I think my hair will do much better now. I'll probably update in a new thread when I see some progress.