Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread

Evolving78

I like the FHI Platform dryer so far! But I had to take a break, because I am sweating! I see it is going to take awhile for my ends to get trained, especially on my right side. My hair is thicker and much more coily on that side. My other side is looser and not as dense, but it grows faster.. My hair feels soft with the CHI products. I got the leave-in, the spray, and the serum. I used Redken and Maccadamia Oil shampoos and conditioners.

Last edited:

MzSwift

Your hair looks pretty in both pics! I will let you know today. I’m about to blow dry my hair soon. I was trying to clean up, so I would not sweat my hair out being Hazel around here. Girl… see your hair is way longer than mine.. I can’t be looking like James Brown after a performance!

No, no, those are old pix. I'm sorry, I was poorly multitasking. My hair is a bit shorter now so extra new growth does not look proper.

And, lol, so glad I'm not the only one who has to have a fan blowing in the bathroom while I'm blow drying! I sweat it out before I can even get to flat ironing!

Lylddlebit

Chile…. I’m still walking around with this turban on my head looking like Ms. Badu. I finished straightening it, but I didn’t flat iron or style it. I will do that tonight. I was trimming off a lot. I trim each tiny section right after I straighten it, so that makes it take longer.
Lol I understand, but better to move at your pace and get it like you want it.

Lylddlebit

Do all of your ladies use Olaplex? I’m scared of it..

I have used 0-9(including the professional system). I like it. I don't have chemically altered hair (color, processes, relaxer, etc) and I do not use Olaplex products back-to-back or in a daily regimen, but when I sprinkle it into my regimen, I enjoy it. You should be leery to use it. This line has lawsuits and complaints against it that should give pause, at minimum. However, that is going to be an issue for any line that is marketed towards people with compromised hair and who use chemical services. It is pretty hard to tell if Olaplex damaged their hair, if Olaplex exacerbated existing hair issues, or if the normal risks of chemical services ran their course...despite Olaplex use. I began using Olaplex a bit more frequently than I currently use it after my setback at the end of 2021 and consider it beneficial to my regimen. It didn't repair the damage, but it helped me stretch the gradual cuts I used to remove mechanical damage. I intentionally avoid Olaplex when I want my haircut because I want to see the damaged and/or weathered ends when I am cutting.

Last edited:

BeautifulRoots

I have used 0-9(including the professional system). I like it. I don't have chemically altered hair (color, processes, relaxer, etc) and I do not Olaplex products back-to-back or in a daily regimen, but when I sprinkle it into my regimen, I enjoy it. You should be leery to use it. This line has lawsuits and complaints against it that should give pause, at minimum. However, that is going to be an issue for any line that is marketed towards people with compromised hair and who use chemical services. It is pretty hard to tell if Olaplex damaged their hair, if Olaplex exacerbated existing hair issues, or if the normal risks of chemical services ran their course...despite Olaplex use. I began using Olaplex a bit more frequently than I currently use it after my setback at the end of 2021 and consider it beneficial to my regimen. It didn't repair the damage but he helped me stretch gradually cutting my damage off. I intentionally avoid using it when I am cutting my hair because I want to see what needs to be cut not mask it.

What exactly are the complaints against it? Hair damage from using the product or something else? I'm out of the loop.

Lylddlebit

What exactly are the complaints against it? Hair damage from using the product or something else? I'm out of the loop.

Hair loss and hair damage.

BeautifulRoots

Hair loss and hair damage.

Thanks for sharing. I had no idea.

Evolving78

I’m conditioning my hair and adding a rinse again. It is a challenge to cover red. I plan to straighten today and since I trimmed the heck out of my hair, the process should be quicker.. I am trying to decide which blow dryer to use. I will be using a leave-in spray and leave-in conditioner. I need something a little bit more heavy. They are both heat protectants. I am someone that needs to wash my hair at least once a week. If I was relaxed, it would be 3-4 days.