Straightened my natural hair after a year setback

BlaqKitty

I hit 2 years natural last month and though my hair did not retain all the length this year I recovered from a setback that started last winter. I bleached my ends and dyed them red and then the following week dye my hair twice with loreal hi color magenta. I was also straightening several times a week on 450 for about a two months. Needless to say my hair suffered. I didnt get any heat damage but my colored hair was breaking off. Over the course of this year I trimmed the damage off and finished this month.

Im hoping for BSL by the end of my 3 year next October. What do you guys think?

ForumRunner_20131104_200343.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131104_204023.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131104_204023.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

BlaqKitty

Also sorry I know my hair looks pretty bad I didnt style it at all after i finished flat ironing it.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
your hair looks nice and healthy now....just stay away from the heat and you should get to BSL or close by next year depending on your growth cycle.

you need to focus on retaining every inch.

BlaqKitty

Thanks for the advice. :) I will take it. I was thinking of using heat regularly to alleviate tangles amd knots bc I have a lot of curly hair... But I bought a new comb and it should help. :)

silverbuttons

Not Impressed
Beautiful hair and progress. Remember to keep up your moisture and protein balance if you want to straighten. But I would recommend finding other ways to stretch your hair without heat or with minimal heat.

BlaqKitty

Beautiful hair and progress. Remember to keep up your moisture and protein balance if you want to straighten. But I would recommend finding other ways to stretch your hair without heat or with minimal heat.

I actually think I'm going to start banding instead. :) And ty

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
What heat protectants would you recommend? I have an IC one and the Cantu one.
I know you didn't ask me but I'm answering.

I have Chi, Brazilian Keratin heat spray & aphogee keratin & green tea restructurizer. The serums I have are IC(pink one), bio silk & Hana shine shield. My fave combo is the aphogee & IC. Also the comb chase method saved my life.

I like your hair. It looks soft and puffy. Happy hair growing!

BlaqKitty

I know you didn't ask me but I'm answering.

I have Chi, Brazilian Keratin heat spray & aphogee keratin & green tea restructurizer. The serums I have are IC(pink one), bio silk & Hana shine shield. My fave combo is the aphogee & IC. Also the comb chase method saved my life.

I like your hair. It looks soft and puffy. Happy hair growing!

Lol ty. Are you natural or relaxed? I also have gvp thermal spray based on chi ironguard. The comb and chase method is tough and I didnt even try this time lol. What is your flat ironing process?

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I have a hana elite flat iron and a cheap conair blow dryer from like 1996. I need a new one.

I wash, condition & apply my leave in Salerm 23 & heat protectant spray. Blow dry in 8 sections, apply serum, then flat iron. I vary the heat setting on my flat iron between 230 & 370. Depends on how I plan to wear my hair for the week and the weather.