Strange Dreams Coming True???

ClassicBeauty

I have recently been having a lot of strange dreams, and some of them have been coming true.

For instance, I dreamed of a funeral with most of my family there. I could tell it was my grandmother's funeral by the way we were seated in the church. There were a lot of things going on in this dream (my mother was CUTTING UP! Falling in the casket, etc) but it was very clear. That was on a Tues night/Wed morning, and my grandmother was dead on that Sunday morning. WOW!

Last week I dreamed that there was an explosion in my mother's back yard. This Friday, an oil well thing (I'm not sure what you call it??? Rig maybe?) on some property behind my mother's house exploded and they had to evacuate the area for several hours while they did environmental testing and cleaned the area. Wow Again!

These types of things have been occurring a lot for me lately. When I wake up from a strange dream, I usually pray and ask God for an understanding and then call my mom to talk about it.

My grandmother used to have dreams and interpret them, but I never really learned the interpretations from her before she passed. I always had strange dreams, but they were never so clear and so EXACT like this. I'm going to go and buy a dream book, but do you ladies have any experience with this. This is all seeming very strange.

Any book reccomendations?

I'm posting this in the Christian forum because I want only Christian responses.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

VirtuousGal

Bumping for you DivaStyle...My mother dreams like this sometimes and I would like to know some answers as well! :)

missvi

God is Good!!
I have dreams all the time that come true.
My family is always telling me to call them, if I have a dream about them.
I dreamed that my mom passed away in Dec of 2003(it was so real I was crying) I got up and told my mom, she said she would never leave me. By April of 2004 my mom was gone. My dreams are so real that sometime I feel like I have lived it.
People are always telling me that this is my blessing.

Nice & Wavy

DivaStyle said:
I have recently been having a lot of strange dreams, and some of them have been coming true.

For instance, I dreamed of a funeral with most of my family there. I could tell it was my grandmother's funeral by the way we were seated in the church. There were a lot of things going on in this dream (my mother was CUTTING UP! Falling in the casket, etc) but it was very clear. That was on a Tues night/Wed morning, and my grandmother was dead on that Sunday morning. WOW!

Last week I dreamed that there was an explosion in my mother's back yard. This Friday, an oil well thing (I'm not sure what you call it??? Rig maybe?) on some property behind my mother's house exploded and they had to evacuate the area for several hours while they did environmental testing and cleaned the area. Wow Again!

These types of things have been occurring a lot for me lately. When I wake up from a strange dream, I usually pray and ask God for an understanding and then call my mom to talk about it.

My grandmother used to have dreams and interpret them, but I never really learned the interpretations from her before she passed. I always had strange dreams, but they were never so clear and so EXACT like this. I'm going to go and buy a dream book, but do you ladies have any experience with this. This is all seeming very strange.

Any book reccomendations?

I'm posting this in the Christian forum because I want only Christian responses.

Thanks in advance!

God is revealing some things to you for a reason. My suggestion wouldn't be to go and buy a dream book but talk to God about it. Also, when you wake up from these dreams, have a journal by your bedside and write the dream out. The Holy Spirit will give you the intepertation of the dreams. Apparently your spirit is sensitive to the spirit realm and that could be a good thing if you seek the Lord, but not such a good one if you inquire of others interpertations of what they feel dreams mean (dream books).

Pray you will make a good decision.

Blessings.

klb120475

Nice & Wavy said:
Apparently your spirit is sensitive to the spirit realm and that could be a good thing if you seek the Lord, but not such a good one if you inquire of others interpertations of what they feel dreams mean (dream books).

Blessings.

So true, I agree you should seek the Lord for interpretations. You may not receive an immediate response to the interpretation of the dream, but the Lord will reveal when He feels it is necessary. There have been times when I have waited over a year for an interpretation of a dream or vision and it's as if a light bulb pops on...and it all begins to make sense. Be anxious for nothing, and wait on the Lord.

cocoberry10

Nice & Wavy said:
God is revealing some things to you for a reason. My suggestion wouldn't be to go and buy a dream book but talk to God about it. Also, when you wake up from these dreams, have a journal by your bedside and write the dream out. The Holy Spirit will give you the intepertation of the dreams. Apparently your spirit is sensitive to the spirit realm and that could be a good thing if you seek the Lord, but not such a good one if you inquire of others interpertations of what they feel dreams mean (dream books).

Blessings.

I totally agree, especially the bolded part! I would also ask the Lord to give me courage to know He gave me the strength to handle these dreams, especially since it seems that some of your dreams are painful (i.e. grandmother dying)!

ClassicBeauty

Thanks ladies,
I will continue to seek interpretation and understanding from the Lord. I was just wondering if there were any good Christian books about dreams. Thanks for all of your responses so far.:)

My grandmother always thought it was God's way of having her prepare the family for things that were coming. She dreamed about the death of all 9 of her siblings before they died, and her mother would come into her dreams and basically tell her to prepare the family. My mother seems to think that maybe God is now using me that same way, but this is a lot to deal with.

The good thing is that I'm more prepared. When I woke up from the dream about my grandmother, the first thing I did was call her. I didn't tell her about the dream, but I just wanted to check on her. Then I called my mom and told her the details of the dream. When I got the call about her death, I didn't even cry, even though we were so close. I was just like "ok Lord, you obviously wanted me to be strong for everyone." I planned the whole funeral because just like in my dream, my mom was a wreck. The day of the funeral, I was exhausted and I took a nap after the funeral. During that nap, she came to my dream and I saw her closing her luggage and getting on a train that took off and dissappeared. It was like she (or God) was telling me that she's gone to a better place. It was really dreamy and smokey. The ironic thing is that my grandmother lived right by railroad tracks, and my grandfather retired from the railroad many years before I was born.

Anyway, thanks again ladies for all your responses so far.

Nice & Wavy

Wow, you are really sensitive with the spirit world. Read some of the stories in the bible about different people who had dreams, that may help. Daniel, Joseph to name a few.

ClassicBeauty

Nice & Wavy said:
Wow, you are really sensitive with the spirit world. Read some of the stories in the bible about different people who had dreams, that may help. Daniel, Joseph to name a few.

Thanks a lot:)
I mentioned in another thread that the story of Joseph reminds me of my life in several ways, but I wasn't even thinking about his dreams. This, I guess, is just another way.

seeminglysweet

I used to be very sensitives to dreams in college, I would rarely dream but whenever I did - they would all come true. The same is true now but I dream even less frequently, maybe one every 6-7 months. They are also not as vivid as they once were, I think it may have been something about the dorm/room that I was living in during college. I'm glad that there are people that can relate, disucssing things like this in everyday conversation can bring on some strange looks. I believe it is a gift and given to those that can handle and are ready to use it.