Strange Feeling At Night

janiebaby

I have been waking up in the middle of the night lately feeling like there is a "presence" in my room. I've quoted scripture to give me comfort and usually after some time I've been able to go back to sleep.

I'm not quite sure how many times this has happened over the past few months (maybe 3?) but I've also had a dream last week that is not so common.

All I remember in the dream was darkness like night but blacker and an old looking train surrounded by fog coming straight for me. I don't remember feeling afraid but I do remember feeling like this was it and there was nothing I could do then there was just more blackness and I knew that it was finished. Now, I might have been able to brush it off but my mother texted me when I woke up asking me if I was ok. I told her I was ok and asked why she asked and she told me she had a weird dream but she wouldn't/hasn't told me what it was. That same day my friend called me and told me she had been thinking about me and maybe a week before my dream my aunt had called and told me she had thought of me a few weeks before.

Last night I felt the presence again and felt the need to share my experience here.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Dearest @janiebaby ...

God has you covered. Just lie down, pull up the covers, snuggle in His loving arms and just sleep. :sleep2:

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8

Sweet Sleep, Janie Baby... Sweet Sleep. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. Sweet, Sweet Sleep. Your safety the Lord shall surely keep...Sweet Sleep.

:grouphug2:

sheanu

Hi OP! I went through something similar while I was at a very stressful job a few years ago. I felt as if something was haunting and following me the whole time I was there and I had consistent nightmares and anxiety and was constantly feeling stressed and discomforted. My mom advised me to sleep with my Bible open to psalm 23 every night. It definitely helped a bit but that feeling, the nightmares and haunted feeling didn't go away till I left that job. I'm so much happier now and definitely feel that I'm in the job that the Lord wants me in for this season in my life. As another poster said, walk with the Lord during this time, continue to develop your relationship, and carefully consider any promptings He places on your heart.

Queenie

@janiebaby, I'm adding Psalm 27 to the list. Also, pray every night (if you're not already doing so) and cover your home with the blood of Jesus. Read Exodus 12:1-30, and when you pray, visualize yourself applying the Blood of Christ to your doors and windows, like the Israelites did. May God keep you safe, in Jesus's name.
In addition bless every door and window with oil.
When I did that, the presence never came back to the home.

janiebaby

@Laela thank you you too! I really don't know what or how much to write so I've settled on being open. I've been feeling anxious lately like I'm in a rush to get my affairs in order. I feel like I'm being pushed into not being complacent like I have been and my prayers will be answered but only if I keep moving. We read bible stories and don't realize that one person's story took place over years and years. There's a lesson in everything and we're writing our own story as we go.

ilong

God's Own
@janiebaby, I'm adding Psalm 27 to the list. Also, pray every night (if you're not already doing so) and cover your home with the blood of Jesus. Read Exodus 12:1-30, and when you pray, visualize yourself applying the Blood of Christ to your doors and windows, like the Israelites did. May God keep you safe, in Jesus's name.
YESS!!! YESSSS! YESSS!!!!! And may God add a blessing to the reading of His Word - a blessing of peace and comfort!

janiebaby

I am experiencing spiritual warfare at work and started to think about the feeling I once had before this happened and how maybe it was a premonition of things to come. I don't ever think I've been up against anything like this before to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if there was some occult stuff going on. Please please please everyone please keep me in your prayers. @sheanu @Sharpened @gn1g when I look back at your posts things start to make sense. The presence at night went away but now it's there in the daytime within my boss and my coworkers. They are doing some things that aren't kosher. I've been trying to stay apart from it and they have been doing crazy things that you wouldn't believe if I told you. I've been so scared to go into work once that a message came to me that "I better act like I got God" and I went to work and was still defeated. The other message that I got was to "let God save me". This job doesn't pay much and I feel like I could quit and just wipe away all traces from my resume but I don't know if these messages are God or me.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I am experiencing spiritual warfare at work and started to think about the feeling I once had before this happened and how maybe it was a premonition of things to come. I don't ever think I've been up against anything like this before to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if there was some occult stuff going on. Please please please everyone please keep me in your prayers. @sheanu @Sharpened @gn1g when I look back at your posts things start to make sense. The presence at night went away but now it's there in the daytime within my boss and my coworkers. They are doing some things that aren't kosher. I've been trying to stay apart from it and they have been doing crazy things that you wouldn't believe if I told you. I've been so scared to go into work once that a message came to me that "I better act like I got God" and I went to work and was still defeated. The other message that I got was to "let God save me". This job doesn't pay much and I feel like I could quit and just wipe away all traces from my resume but I don't know if these messages are God or me.
Each of us are around all kinds of spirits each day. Jesus, Himself was surrounded and encountered them throughout His Ministry here on earth. The Bible is clear, that in spite of this, they cannot hurt you, dear one. Nothing and no one is above God. Hear what Jesus has to say to us about this in Luke 10.19:

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions,
and over all the power of the enemy:
and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2nd Timothy 1:7

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged,
for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

When you go back to work:

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God,
He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you
Deuteronomy 31:6

BELIEVE NOT EVERY SPIRIT;
Try the spirits and see if they be of God.
FEAR NOT

Ms. Tarabotti

John 10:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

In Christ Alone
Keith and Kristyn Getty
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
'Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the pow'r of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand

'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.

Songwriters: Keith Getty / Stuart Townend
In Christ Alone lyrics © Capitol Christian Music Group

Spiritual warfare and evil are real. Satan is always at work, looking to break Christians away from God. But God will have the last victory. These storms that you are facing are very real and you may feel that you are walking through dark woods, pushing through deep waters. Hold on to God. His Word reminds us that if we are His, no power can separate us from His love and protection. You may get dinged a little but God will protect you through this and all other storms.

janiebaby

It's been really difficult to communicate what's been happening at work. My boss is out of her mind. We report to a government agency and my boss will do anything from forging documents to getting clients (who we are supposed to help) to lie to employees to play employees against each other.

My boss has removed documents from files, signed into my computer under my login and has deleted emails I've sent to her and at this point I'm wondering if anything has been sent under my log in. My boss has also gotten people to report to her my whereabouts at all times so that these things can occur when I'm not at my desk (i.e. lunch or meeting with a client). I noticed a few months ago that when certain clients discuss leaving the program all of a sudden they have a debt that they need to pay. I also noticed that the clients who have been lying already have huge debts that they don't even try to pay off. My boss is not concerned about doing things the right way which imo is the easier way at all. What I've noticed is that having things in a constant clean up state is putting her in a position of power where people are feeling indebted to her.

Could be separate or not: Tuesday night a black car pulled up to my home. It was parked in front of my mailbox which I thought was odd and stayed a lil longer than I was comfortable. I put on my clothes and turned on my porch light. I started walking toward the car but it started to pull off but it stopped at my driveway so I kept walking toward it and it sped off. Now I put this here because it could be nothing or it could be something.

These are just a few of many things that have occurred over the past few months.

janiebaby

Another dream I had the other night was that I was at the doctor's office and the doctor told me that I was pregnant. Now I know I wasn't there for that and even in the dream I felt like I was semi-conscious. For instance I was on my period irl and I was thinking how can i be pregnant and be getting my period. I wasn't happy sad or anything because i knew that couldn't be right. I told the doctor that can't be right and she said it again "you are pregnant" so I asked for proof and she showed me an ultrasound. So I believed her then and I still didn't feel any emotion just the thought that things would change.

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I'd be seeking the Lord on either a new job or how to handle this one. What lessons have you learned that help you along your walk with Him?

The color black has negative and positive connotations, willful ignorance and hidden things being brought to light, respectively. A car, like the train, means motion, moving either forward or backwards. It sounds like you are learning the various way Our Father expresses Himself to us. We tend to forget all of creation from from Him, so He can define how He wants to interact with us.

janiebaby

I'd be seeking the Lord on either a new job or how to handle this one. What lessons have you learned that help you along your walk with Him?

The color black has negative and positive connotations, willful ignorance and hidden things being brought to light, respectively. A car, like the train, means motion, moving either forward or backwards. It sounds like you are learning the various way Our Father expresses Himself to us. We tend to forget all of creation from from Him, so He can define how He wants to interact with us.

Thank you. I've fasted the past week or so while at work though not today. I've been reading scripture and listening to scripture while at work, home, and listening even while I sleep. Today I got a message on my computer that said another user connected to the remote computer and my connection was lost. All while a client that my boss is close with comes by unexpectedly and I'm called away from my desk.