Stray Pitbull Guarded Black Toddler Out Running These Streets!

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I am relieved that this had a happy ending because this could have went 50 kinda ways wrong.

TLDR
A barefoot toddler hit the streets.
Stray pit bull just out minding his dog :moon: business decided to keep him company.
A black lady out walking her dogs scooped the toddler up then knocked on doors for hours before finally calling the police.
Pops realizes his toddler has been gone all morning when he saw the story on social media.
No mention of the mother.
Nobody was arrested.
Pitbull adopted by cops.

dancinstallion

I am relieved that this had a happy ending because this could have went 50 kinda ways wrong.

TLDR
A barefoot toddler hit the streets.
Stray pit bull just out minding his dog :moon: business decided to keep him company.
A black lady out walking her dogs scooped the toddler up then knocked on doors for hours before finally calling the police.
Pops realizes his toddler has been gone all morning when he saw the story on social media.
No mention of the mother.
Nobody was arrested.
Pitbull adopted by cops.

Hold up. So the dad didnt know the toddler was missing until he saw it on Social Media. How many kids does he have to not recognize that one is missing.

Crackers Phinn

Hold up. So the dad didnt know the toddler was missing until he saw it on Social Media. How many kids does he have to not recognize that one is missing.
I was ready to light daddy up. What's stopping me is that there was a cop on the scene and he wasn't arrested. The story is odd that it doesn't mention who was supposed to be taking care of the baby.

Crackers Phinn

Why is no one but the reporter wearing a mask?

I’m going to hope that this daddy did realize he was missing and was out looking for the child
You know what, I went back to look and was like, Pooh, this must be old, but the reporter has a mask like thing on. Your question explains why Covid is still out of control.

I guess it also explains why nobody was arrested. They don't care about rules, ordinances, laws period including child endangerment.

chocolat79

Glad the baby is okay. But what was the dad doing where he didn’t know the kid was gone for hours?
Apparently on SM.
Not making excuses for the dad, but 8 am, baby in PJs. Sounds like he thought the baby was still sleeping. And I've seen little ones that age unlock a front door, so it's not a stretch.
Hours, though? I have a 15 month old and when he's sleeping or should be sleeping we check on him regularly.