STRESS

Jade21

I definitely believe this. For some people stress wreaks havoc on their hair; for others, the same is true with nails and skin.

A friend of mine gets patches of really coarse hair when she is under a great deal of stress. It's very obvious because her hair is extremely fine. She told me that what prompted it was when her stylist asked her "are you under a great deal of stress?" She had been having rough times with her fiance.

~Jade~

pebbles

Jade,

I agree with everything you said. I'm one of those people, though I don't experience it that badly. So, I make it a point to be as stress free as I can be. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nyambura

surfer girl
I agree with the posts above. Sometimes severe levels of stress can also cause considerable hair shedding (the entire hair shaft, as opposed to breakage, which involves a portion of the individual shaft).

Dionne

could that explain my sections of really coarse hair that is like three times the thickness of my regular hair strands? You know everything Jade, it makes perfect sense now.

Kitkat

Yes, it's happened to me before. I had a quarter sized spot in the center of my scalp that broke off. The rest of my hair looked an absolute mess. As soon as the stressful time period passed, my hair went back to normal.

sweetcocoa

YES! When my hair was damaged I was also under stress from a tenant I rented my house to(who hadn't paid me rent for 4 months and I was facing foreclosure). Then I noticed my hair was getting thinner and shorter(and was all over the bathroom floor)... I started stressing about that also because I always had long hair and didn't know what to do to stop the shedding... All this worrying was making me stress even more which made my hair shed and break even more. Once I sold my house(the day before they were going to foreclose) my nerves calmed down and so did my hair....

beana3

this may sound crazed to many of you, but STRESS is the one thing i can count on everyday! My life is very stressful, and I'm considering taking a B-vitamin complex for stress relief reasons (plus they are good for hair growth)
I think its the main culprit of ALL my hair health issues, i say this b/c I've found some really good products and I now have a great regime, so I know it must be something internal.
I think my spring break has a vacation in view.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Allandra

Vitamin B Complex is what I took when medication took it's toll on my hair. On top of that, I was certainly stressed out about my hair (secondly). Vitamin B Complex worked wonders on my hair (even though I don't take it now). If I had to select just ONE vitamin for my hair, I would definitely select Vitamin B Complex.