Stretch Detangle Method

Sheabutterboy

Has anyone tried this method? she also has a video using the blow dryer, Any alternatives to the African threading method, I don't want to walk around with them in my hair for 24hrs before detangling.

I usually wear my hair in twists comb once a month and struggle to detangle my roots. Hoping some kind of mega stretch before detangling would make things easier. I already slather hair with conditioner, comb in sections, comb from ends up, I have also tried using a steamer, works a little but it leaves water dripping everywhere (makes everything messy)

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Only other thing I can think of is the banding method. Idk how much you’re gonna like that though. Maybe your hair doesn’t like once a month twists, maybe it likes every 2 weeks? What I can that I have tried, and it works pretty good for matted hair is taking two conditioners of your choice, adding a little oil to the mix, and microwaving for like 30 seconds. Then apply the conditioner mix and squeeze it in.

snoop

I've used this method to stretch my hair and to stretch my twists. I use black thread, though and if done properly it's its own protective style.

I detangle and restyle my hair every other week. I get some webbing at the roots, but I think that it's also because I wash my hair each week.

If your twists are large or medium, you can try braiding the roots first and/or three strand twisting the length.