Stretchy Ends

Miapa1

When my relaxed hair is wet (after I shampoo and condition it) I have noticed that it is very stretchy at the very ends. Does this mean my hair is in need of a trim? I stretch my relaxer for every 12 weeks at a minimum (this last stretch was 15). Should I be trimming after every relaxer?

Miapa1

It sounds like it's in need of protein. How often do you get a trim? 15 weeks is almost 4 months. I would start off adding protein to your regimen more often, making sure to concentrate the product on the ends and then trimming the hair afterwards.
Well, the last time I got a cut was spring and usually get them 2 times a year. I will probably trim (more like light dusting rather than full cut) 4 times a year. I use Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-In weekly when I blow dry (always on cold) it has proteins and ceramides in it. Are you thinking I need something stronger than that?

Last edited:

waff

Start out with a light protein treatment like Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, and if your hair is still stretchy you can bump it up to something more intense. I really like Joico k pak reconstructor.

I am not relaxed but I watch hairlicious in youtube and she does a light protein treatment weekly. Her hair is very nice and healthy.

Miapa1

Means you have a lot of moisture in hair which is good but do a protein treatment.
I'm gonna use the Nexxus Keraphix shampoo and conditioner this weekend. I religiously deep condition every week. I must need to incorporate protein treatments more often than I do now. Thanks!