Struggling with your relaxed hair? COME ON IN.....

BadMamaJama

I just relaxed my hair a couple of days ago after being natural for 16 mos.

Hair profile? 4b with fine strands, colored.

Reggie and products? LOL it hasn't been a week yet , but my plan is cowash twice a week and wash once a week because I go to the gym 3 times a week.

Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo, Motions Lavish, Chi Nourish Intense, ORS Aloe Shampoo to chelate

Aussie Moist, Pantene R&N, ORS Replenishing, BedHead Urban Antidote level 2, Keracare Humecto (ordered and is on the way)

Miracle 7, HI Silky 14 in 1

Wild Growth Oil

EVOO, Sweet Almond, Avocado, Grapeseed, Castor, Safflower, Tea Tree oil mix for ends of hair and to put in conditioner

How do you style your hair? Half-wigs for the next 6 mos., no heat at all!

What problems do you have with your hair? It seems super thin but I think it's just because I'm so used to big ole natural hair. I do know that my sides and front hair line look really thin. Hopefully that WGO isn't just an urban myth. :)

Raspberry

It seems super thin but I think it's just because I'm so used to big ole natural hair. I do know that my sides and front hair line look really thin. Hopefully that WGO isn't just an urban myth. :)

@BadMamaJama A lot of women on the board get results with using castor oil on their edges or pomades/growth aids that contain ingredients like peppermint oil, rosemary, sulpher, etc.

Also, if you're tying your hair up at night watch how tight the fabric is against your edges. Avoid too much manipulation like brushing your edges...

I watch my edges closely and they have filled in nicely from using the methods above.

JudithO

Hair profile? E.g 4Z, really fine strands, mediumdensity..

Reggie and products?
Wash weekly with diluted Giovanni 50:50 or cowash with Giovanni SAS
SSI Okra for light protein DC
SSI Avocado and Bee Mine DC for Moisture DC

Air dry loose, or wet bun.

M&S Nightly with Darcy Transitioning Creme, and coconut oil mix to seal

How do you style your hair? Daily Bun

What problems do you have with your hair? Shedding... I've been shedding something fierce all week.... I touch my hair... pull out 5 strands... M&S at night... pull out 40 strands... washing is a different story... All my combs are seamless... I tried black tea rinse.. No help.... I'm newly expecting... do you think that has something to do with it? Help me...

Aviah

I forgot to add the light protein I use every other week or once a week! lol. I use Aphogee 2 min (I have tried others and always go back to this). It helps, but still have the same problem.

And thanks for the recommendation on dropping luscious. I keep wasting money on trying to find a good daily moisturizer :nono::nono::nono:

I've been on my HHJ for 4.5 years, have tried numerous tweaks to my regimen and products, have had several setbacks along the way, and still cannot find a good daily moisturizer.

abcd09
Have you tried Profective Megagrowth Breakfree?
I find that has a nice balance of light protein and moisture. But if you only need light protein, you'd have to slow down on the reconstructors, or be careful with the Breakfree, and alternate it with something else.

itismehmmkay

Hair profile? 4B/A fine, dense

Reggie and products? DC Tues, Thurs on dry hair w/moisture; wash and protein on Sunday. Groom with liquid leave ins, oils, and butters.

How do you style your hair? I wear it out. Have yet to find a protective style that doesn't break my hair. Ironic, right?

What problems do you have with your hair? Retention. I cant seem to retain anything. Constantly dealing with setbacks.

This is a good thread btw :yep:

Reggie and products? Wash/condition nightly w/ Suave Humectant poo & con; rollerset w/ NTM; airdry overnight. I'm going to start using Moisturefuse on Fridays for an added boost of moisture. My lightweight DC.

How do you style your hair? Combout rollerset; add Softtouch grease for "hold" (works against humidity too). I just started adding coconut oil for shine and so it won't look dry. Wear in a headband.

What problems do you have with your hair? Same as LaidBak; I'm always dealing with setbacks too. :ohwell: Alot of it I realize is my own dealing

• Trying to cut it perfect
    This would happen when I would want to wear it down, or try and be fly and get it cut in a style that doesn't have to be protective. I'm over that though. My objective is to get some long hair that I'm just going to wear in pretty updos and frenchbraids anyway. I'm not even going to wear my long hair down so....why?? why was I doing that.
  • Breakage in the crown
    This was usually at the demarcation line from either trying to stretch my relaxers or getting the previous relaxer too straight. Texlax is the best thing for my hair. As long as I can straighten the hair with a roller, I'm good. Also, this would lead to me cutting my hair again.
  • Deviating from regimen
    If something wasn't perfect I'd try and change this then change that. Now, it is true that the longer my hair gets, the longer it takes to airdry it. But if I sit under one of those bonnet dryers it's not that big of a deal. And really if it's getting that long, I can probably wear it in a bun.

itismehmmkay

Hair profile? E.g 4Z, really fine strands, mediumdensity..

Reggie and products?
Wash weekly with diluted Giovanni 50:50 or cowash with Giovanni SAS
SSI Okra for light protein DC
SSI Avocado and Bee Mine DC for Moisture DC

Air dry loose, or wet bun.

M&S Nightly with Darcy Transitioning Creme, and coconut oil mix to seal

How do you style your hair? Daily Bun

What problems do you have with your hair? Shedding... I've been shedding something fierce all week.... I touch my hair... pull out 5 strands... M&S at night... pull out 40 strands... washing is a different story... All my combs are seamless... I tried black tea rinse.. No help.... I'm newly expecting... do you think that has something to do with it? Help me...

Yea there's postpartum shedding, but also during the whole maternity. Are you pretty good w/your prenatals?

me-T

Hair profile? mix of 4a & b, thin

Reggie and products? wash weekly followed by a cowash, cowash midweek, leave-in daily. relax whenever i get about an inch worth of new growth
How do you style your hair? style?...:lachen: lately i've been whole head baggying everyday under a scarf with plaits or cornrows. when i do wear it out, i flat iron or do a braidout. moisture has been off the chain, though.

What problems do you have with your hair? i don't know what to do with it. i just want it to grow. none of the styles i like look good on length under apl.

Last edited:

Evolving78

i am 4a and i am having an issue with my demarcation line. i am having breakage at the crown. my new growth and relaxed hair gets tangled like crazy. i was ripping my hair out trying to detangle it. well i found another way to detangle without losing a ball of hair.

my new growth isn't wavy, it's coily, so it difficult to maintain with the relaxed ends.

also i have fine hair and need to find a product or reggie that will keep my hair moisturized, but won't weigh my hair down.

abcd09

@abcd09
Have you tried Profective Megagrowth Breakfree?
I find that has a nice balance of light protein and moisture. But if you only need light protein, you'd have to slow down on the reconstructors, or be careful with the Breakfree, and alternate it with something else.
Aviah I used breakfree for about a year in 2009. It didn't really stop any splits for me unfortunately. Is it working for you?

Aviah

Aviah I used breakfree for about a year in 2009. It didn't really stop any splits for me unfortunately. Is it working for you?
abcd09

I use it intermittently with cantu and as of late I use it to flat iron because of the protein. I have noticed less splitting, but that may be down to dusting every other month (roughly). I was able to skip the dusting this time around.
I also used it when I was relaxed.

Aireen

Hair profile?: 4a, relaxed

Reggie and products?: Wash, condition, blow-dry/air dry

How do you style your hair?: I wear down when going out and up in a bun at home

What problems do you have with your hair?: These damn edges around the perimeter of my head. Other than that, I'm good.

Last edited:

JudithO

Hair profile? I really have no clue, all the hair typing or knowing whether my hair is fine or medium just doesnt make sense to me. sorry I am not much help. I am a type 4 if anything.

Reggie and products? Wash 1-2x a week, dc once a week, co-wash 1-2x a week, M&S once a day or ever other day.

For Washing: head and shoulders smooth & sliky shampoo, creme of nature argan oil shampoo, shea moisture shampoo (havent used it yet).
For Clarfying - Tresemme deep cleansing shampoo

CoWashing - HE LTR, aussie 3 min, aphogee 2 min,
DC- CoN moisture extreme condish along with the argan oil condish, ORS hair mayo
Moisturize - shea moisture DC masque(I use it to moisturize), elasta qp olive oil & mango butter
Oils - Olive and castor

How do you style your hair? I bun but I am looking to wear it out more. I really cant do much with my hair, I rarely comb my hair and started laying off the heat.

What problems do you have with your hair? I really am looking for advice on how to get my hair to move or have body. My hair just sits there for the most part and has very little body. What can I do to make it have more body?

Castor oil is extremely heavy if you are sealing with it... All your moisturizers look really heavy.. If you want movement, moisturize with a light lotion like Darcy's Transitioning Creme, and seal with coconut oil or grapeseed... they are pretty light and keep your hair moving :)

I just relaxed my hair a couple of days ago after being natural for 16 mos.

Hair profile? 4b with fine strands, colored.

Reggie and products? LOL it hasn't been a week yet , but my plan is cowash twice a week and wash once a week because I go to the gym 3 times a week.

Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo, Motions Lavish, Chi Nourish Intense, ORS Aloe Shampoo to chelate

Aussie Moist, Pantene R&N, ORS Replenishing, BedHead Urban Antidote level 2, Keracare Humecto (ordered and is on the way)

Miracle 7, HI Silky 14 in 1

Wild Growth Oil

EVOO, Sweet Almond, Avocado, Grapeseed, Castor, Safflower, Tea Tree oil mix for ends of hair and to put in conditioner

How do you style your hair? Half-wigs for the next 6 mos., no heat at all!

What problems do you have with your hair? It seems super thin but I think it's just because I'm so used to big ole natural hair. I do know that my sides and front hair line look really thin. Hopefully that WGO isn't just an urban myth. :)

Yep... It's just your hair straight.... that big poofy is gone.... nothing to worry about... Just stay on your DC's that contain protein like ORS olive oil and you'll be fine.

This is a good thread btw :yep:

Reggie and products? Wash/condition nightly w/ Suave Humectant poo & con; rollerset w/ NTM; airdry overnight. I'm going to start using Moisturefuse on Fridays for an added boost of moisture. My lightweight DC.

How do you style your hair? Combout rollerset; add Softtouch grease for "hold" (works against humidity too). I just started adding coconut oil for shine and so it won't look dry. Wear in a headband.

What problems do you have with your hair? Same as @LaidBak; I'm always dealing with setbacks too. :ohwell: Alot of it I realize is my own dealing

• Trying to cut it perfect
    This would happen when I would want to wear it down, or try and be fly and get it cut in a style that doesn't have to be protective. I'm over that though. My objective is to get some long hair that I'm just going to wear in pretty updos and frenchbraids anyway. I'm not even going to wear my long hair down so....why?? why was I doing that.
  • Breakage in the crown
    This was usually at the demarcation line from either trying to stretch my relaxers or getting the previous relaxer too straight. Texlax is the best thing for my hair. As long as I can straighten the hair with a roller, I'm good. Also, this would lead to me cutting my hair again.
  • Deviating from regimen
    If something wasn't perfect I'd try and change this then change that. Now, it is true that the longer my hair gets, the longer it takes to airdry it. But if I sit under one of those bonnet dryers it's not that big of a deal. And really if it's getting that long, I can probably wear it in a bun.

Seems like you have a good plan to combat some of the issues you are facing.... Put down the scissors and keep us posted please.

Hair profile? mix of 4a & b, thin

Reggie and products? wash weekly followed by a cowash, cowash midweek, leave-in daily. relax whenever i get about an inch worth of new growth
How do you style your hair? style?...:lachen: lately i've been whole head baggying everyday under a scarf with plaits or cornrows. when i do wear it out, i flat iron or do a braidout. moisture has been off the chain, though.

What problems do you have with your hair? i don't know what to do with it. i just want it to grow. none of the styles i like look good on length under apl.

lol @ styling...... Patience my dear... and please let your hair breathe.... Too much moisture is dangerous.... Life is too short to remain under a baggy all day .. lol...

i am 4a and i am having an issue with my demarcation line. i am having breakage at the crown. my new growth and relaxed hair gets tangled like crazy. i was ripping my hair out trying to detangle it. well i found another way to detangle without losing a ball of hair.

my new growth isn't wavy, it's coily, so it difficult to maintain with the relaxed ends.

also i have fine hair and need to find a product or reggie that will keep my hair moisturized, but won't weigh my hair down.

How long are you stretching? Maybe you are stretching too long... Some people have success applying qhemet's aohc to thier new growth... Others apply Darcy's Transitioning Creme or scurl to their new growth and it softens it up... Are you detangling in sections?

Hair profile?: 4a, relaxed

Reggie and products?: Wash, condition, blow-dry/air dry

How do you style your hair?: I wear down when going out and up in a bun at home

What problems do you have with your hair?: These damn edges around the perimeter of my head. Other than that, I'm good.

lol... JBCO on my edges, and reducing the tension on my buns, and scarves seem to be helping me....

Postal

Hair profile?

I don't know lol( how does one know this if they are not natural?)I believe I have fine hair

Reggie and products?
I wash with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo every 5-7 days
I use Aphogee 2 Min as my weekly reconstructor now ( I find that it really helps to add strength to my hair)
I follow up Aphogee with Moisturing conditioner of some sort ( Kenra, Bioinfusion Deep Conditioner, Keracare Humecto, and I JUST purchased a big 'ol bottle of Alter Ego )
I roller set or flexi rod my hair and sit under the dryer
Daily: I moisturize with diluted Shea Moisture Leave in Conditioner and Seal with oils

How do you style your hair?
I often pin curl my hair every night. I also have rollers called Wrap, Snap, and Go that I use to put curls in my hair when dry. Then I will put pin my hair back and up. If I dried with flexi rods, I pin those curls up for the week as well. And when I'm tired of curls, I wrap my hair every night and wear it down. Every week, I alternate .

What problems do you have with your hair?
My biggest problem is my inability to retain length and fullness because of breakage and shedding. I hear the shedding is normal (especially because I'm so stressed out these days) but the breakage is/was pretty bad. My hair constantly feels dry even though I would moisturize it daily. It has no flexibility. Just two weeks ago, I started to suspect I may have low porosity hair. Products sit on my hair, I did the water test (my hair strands floated to the top and stayed there), and when I wash my hair, little beads of water tend to sit on top of the hair. I started do the Green House Effect daily and using that method with my Deep Conditioners as well. That helped me dramatically reduce breakage lately but I still lose a lot of hairs and I would appreciate any suggestions.

Mjon912

^^^^ what is the water test???

Hair profile? I'm not sure, 4 something, textlaxed

Reggie and products? wash/condition every 10 days with either: Nexxus moisture, Mane n Tale, or Paul Mitchell tea tree oil shampoo, deep condition with LeKair cholesterol plus, spray with its a 10 leave in and mane n tale detangler, put some Argan oil and Profectiv on my ends, roller set, sit under the dryer and then wrap

How do you style your hair? I wear it down almost all of the time

What problems do you have with your hair? my edges (right above my ears) refuse to grow past my chin =\

LaidBak

NappyNelle said:
LaidBak Do you like curl sets? Those may be easier to access your ends, wear your hair out, and not have to rely on heat everyday. (And at night, you can maintain by pincurling.) I would be bald if I had to use heat every day. :nono: And I'm sorry to hear about that wig mishap. I wouldn't trust a half-wig after that experience either!

I did the whole flexirod thing for a while. It works when my hair is bottom of neck length, and evenly cut. But if my hair is uneven or too short it just creates a messy poodle look. I've tried sponge rollers to. Sometimes I can get away with them, but I still have to use heat to correct areas that get messed up as I sleep.

Last edited:

LaidBak

judy4all said:
I assume you are using moisture after your protein on Sunday... as you should always follow the protein with moisture..

Bunning causes you setbacks? Are you bunning too tight? Leaving your hair out may be causing you all your retention.. The next time you wash, can you clarify before you protein DC... so you have a fresh palette...

Relaxing straighter may help... please let us know how it goes...
Yes. 6 months of fake bunning caused me terrible setbacks. The attachment was too tight.
I clarify regularly, and my miosture protein balance is fine.

My problem is mechanical breakage. Something I am doing is ripping my hair out. I recently discovered that my french twist comb had jagged seams in between the teeth. I promptly threw it out. But at least I now know why I have a verticle line of breakage from crown to nape.

LaidBak

Ms. Tiki said:
LaidBak You were supposed to take the combs out and use bobby pins to secure the wigs. Fell off in public...oh my!

But I had a stocking cap on underneath. If I had done that I would have poked holes in the cap. :perplexed:

Postal

I'm pretty sure I didn't name the test correctly. The test for porosity of hair.

I put some strands of my clean broken off hairs in a cup of water and let it sit there. Supposedly, if it sinks, it means your hair is high porosity, if floats means your hair is low porosity.

mandii

Hair profile? 4b, dense except for my missing widows peak and temples. Idk about porosity.

Reggie and products? Wash every 5 days with elasta qp soy oyl shampoo, and mix a little vo5 clarifying if need be. I use elasta h2 leave in mixed with aphogee's leave in conditioner, and a nickel size of argan oil. Wrap wet, sit under hooded dryer with a little foam wrap. Unwrap and flat iron w/ babyliss pro titaniums on 340.

How do you style your hair? Wrap, erryday, unless I'm doing something special, then I'll use my steam rollers.

What problems do you have with your hair? It's thinning. I know it's hereditary, but it'd frightening. Hopefully it will subside, and I've started taking my biotin again. I didn't have a forehead 10 years ago, but now I do. Lol

sharifeh

This is a great thread.

Hair profile? type 4 I suppose
very dense/thick, I think I have fine strands though
between sl and apl

Reggie and products? wash condition once or twice a week; alternate with air drying and roller setting

I've started using the Aveda damage remedy line. I also use the alter go garlic dc, as well as hairveda sitrinillah and qhemet moringa

I was a big pj but now I want to stick to the above products. But I'm still using up old products from my pj days :nono:

I also really like chicoro's pre-poo and hot oil treatments before my washes.

How do you style your hair? Down, buns, up in a clip,

What problems do you have with your hair? thin see through ends , splits, retaining length past bsl ;

Last edited:

JudithO

Hair profile?

I don't know lol( how does one know this if they are not natural?)I believe I have fine hair

Reggie and products?
I wash with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo every 5-7 days
I use Aphogee 2 Min as my weekly reconstructor now ( I find that it really helps to add strength to my hair)
I follow up Aphogee with Moisturing conditioner of some sort ( Kenra, Bioinfusion Deep Conditioner, Keracare Humecto, and I JUST purchased a big 'ol bottle of Alter Ego )
I roller set or flexi rod my hair and sit under the dryer
Daily: I moisturize with diluted Shea Moisture Leave in Conditioner and Seal with oils

How do you style your hair?
I often pin curl my hair every night. I also have rollers called Wrap, Snap, and Go that I use to put curls in my hair when dry. Then I will put pin my hair back and up. If I dried with flexi rods, I pin those curls up for the week as well. And when I'm tired of curls, I wrap my hair every night and wear it down. Every week, I alternate .

What problems do you have with your hair?
My biggest problem is my inability to retain length and fullness because of breakage and shedding. I hear the shedding is normal (especially because I'm so stressed out these days) but the breakage is/was pretty bad. My hair constantly feels dry even though I would moisturize it daily. It has no flexibility. Just two weeks ago, I started to suspect I may have low porosity hair. Products sit on my hair, I did the water test (my hair strands floated to the top and stayed there), and when I wash my hair, little beads of water tend to sit on top of the hair. I started do the Green House Effect daily and using that method with my Deep Conditioners as well. That helped me dramatically reduce breakage lately but I still lose a lot of hairs and I would appreciate any suggestions.

Your reggie looks fine on paper... How long are you DC'ing for? Are you sure that your moisture DC's have no protein in them? sunnieb can you chime in?

Hair profile? I'm not sure, 4 something, textlaxed

Reggie and products? wash/condition every 10 days with either: Nexxus moisture, Mane n Tale, or Paul Mitchell tea tree oil shampoo, deep condition with LeKair cholesterol plus, spray with its a 10 leave in and mane n tale detangler, put some Argan oil and Profectiv on my ends, roller set, sit under the dryer and then wrap

How do you style your hair? I wear it down almost all of the time

What problems do you have with your hair? my edges (right above my ears) refuse to grow past my chin =\

OMG I know that.... In my experience, it was a lack of moisture causing it... Also cos my scarf doesnt cover that area completely.. Try moisturizing and sealing more in those areas, make sure your scarf is not too tight, and see how that helps?

Yes. 6 months of fake bunning caused me terrible setbacks. The attachment was too tight.
I clarify regularly, and my miosture protein balance is fine.

My problem is mechanical breakage. Something I am doing is ripping my hair out. I recently discovered that my french twist comb had jagged seams in between the teeth. I promptly threw it out. But at least I now know why I have a verticle line of breakage from crown to nape.

So sorry for all the issues... Hopefully, getting rid of those tools will cut back on all those darn set backs....

Hair profile? 4b, dense except for my missing widows peak and temples. Idk about porosity.

Reggie and products? Wash every 5 days with elasta qp soy oyl shampoo, and mix a little vo5 clarifying if need be. I use elasta h2 leave in mixed with aphogee's leave in conditioner, and a nickel size of argan oil. Wrap wet, sit under hooded dryer with a little foam wrap. Unwrap and flat iron w/ babyliss pro titaniums on 340.

How do you style your hair? Wrap, erryday, unless I'm doing something special, then I'll use my steam rollers.

What problems do you have with your hair? It's thinning. I know it's hereditary, but it'd frightening. Hopefully it will subside, and I've started taking my biotin again. I didn't have a forehead 10 years ago, but now I do. Lol

Do you have to flat iron? Can't you rollerset and leave as is? Taking your vitamins should help.... Have you considered going natural? If you hair is thinning naturally, being natural will make it look a lot better cos of your curls/kinks... and then you can use henna and co to thicken your strands... I'm not sure henna and co work well on relaxed hair....

Yes maam! lol

lolol....

This is a great thread.

Hair profile? type 4 I suppose
very dense/thick, I think I have fine strands though
between sl and apl

Reggie and products? wash condition once or twice a week; alternate with air drying and roller setting

I've started using the Aveda damage remedy line. I also use the alter go garlic dc, as well as hairveda sitrinillah and qhemet moringa

I was a big pj but now I want to stick to the above products. But I'm still using up old products from my pj days :nono:

I also really like chicoro's pre-poo and hot oil treatments before my washes.

How do you style your hair? Down, buns, up in a clip,

What problems do you have with your hair? thin see through ends , splits, retaining length past bsl ;

How long have you been struggling with retaining past BSL? Trimming the splits away should give you a better chance of getting there... I think...... Say if you trim to like APL... You hair should look fuller, and a lot of the splits should be gone ei?

sunnieb

Postal - do you ever clarify or chelate your hair? You might be dealing with product build up.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Postal

Postal - do you ever clarify or chelate your hair? You might be dealing with product build up.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb
I chelate every two to three months ( or when ever I go to my hair stylist since I'm pretty sure she uses a shampoo with sulfates in it)

I've only clarified once since I started to take care of my hair. My hair broke A LOT after that shampoo so I try to stay away from clarifying. In retrospect, maybe I hadn't conditioned my hair well enough so perhaps my hair was dry and that's why it broke and it wasn't necessarily the shampoo's fault. But who knows?

Last edited:

Evolving78

judy4all
yes i detangle in sections. i am going to try my Hawaiian Silky 14n1 diluted with distilled water to moisturize with and just use tiny amounts, and more on my new growth. i am going to start back roller setting instead of air drying loose hair. i am not going to bother with cowashing. i have fine hair, and it just seems my hair is coated instead of clean when i cowash. cowashing was great when i was natural, but now that i am relaxed, it seems less is more for my hair. i just gave myself a nice trim an a touch up, so i am starting fresh. i will keep protective styling though. i will just use bigger rollers to provide a straighter set for bunning.

irsgirl

I forgot to add the light protein I use every other week or once a week! lol. I use Aphogee 2 min (I have tried others and always go back to this). It helps, but still have the same problem.

And thanks for the recommendation on dropping luscious. I keep wasting money on trying to find a good daily moisturizer :nono::nono::nono:

I've been on my HHJ for 4.5 years, have tried numerous tweaks to my regimen and products, have had several setbacks along the way, and still cannot find a good daily moisturizer.
Hey abcd09 your hair sounds just like mine, but my poofy patch is all in the top of my hair(genetics). I used the aphogee 2 min every week as well and my hair loves it. I also deep condis with a moisturizer as well. When I bunn or wear braid outs I use hawaiian silky 14-1 and I spray my hair down with half water and half aphogee keratin and green tree reconstrurizer.
I have been on my HHJ for about as long as you have and have had one major set back and cut about 4 inches from my hair. I am still looking for a daily moisturizer for my hair when I wear roller set.

sunnieb

Postal - I always clarify like this:

Shampoo with Suave Clarifying

Shampoo with Nexxus Therappe

DC with Nexxus Humectress or Motions CPR

Sounds like alot to do, but I'm able to clarify weekly and my hair stays soft.

amwcah

Hair profile? 4 something, fine strands

Reggie and products? Just begun weekly steaming with Chicoro's AVJ/Oil/EVCO mixture, DC with ORS Hair Mayo and Replenishing Conditioner. May use a little CON poo to rid hair of oils. Cantu leave-in conditioner, my own or ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer. Massage with RO or WGO.

How do you style your hair? Bun, wig, or hat

What problems do you have with your hair? Thin ends(trimmed 2 inches last night), thin edges(massaging with RO or WGO), and nape continues to fall out(I have not relaxed this area since last summer perhaps)

757diva

My hair tonight looks greasy but at the touch no oils come off at all. Is that just moisturized or too much oils? I used another oil today and I shouldn't have :(