Stuff Christians Say

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
some more:

(testimony intro) "Giving honor to God, who is the head of my life, to the pastor and his wife, to the deacons, the deaconesses, the urshers, the young people and the choir, to all the blessed saints ..."

Preach, pastor! Preach!

Sis Jane, "How you doin' Sister Patterson?"
Sis Patterson, "I'm yet holdin' on"

:lol: Those are funny and TRUE!

Adding these:

Tossing the hankerchief...

The Deacon's saying: "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll"

"Bless God" (This is my infamous saying :lol:)

Iwanthealthyhair67

My new saying is; "Praise The Living God"....I visited my aunt over the holidays and she reminded me that that was something my mom always said, then I remembered that she did infact say that...

makeupgirl

some more:

(testimony intro) "Giving honor to God, who is the head of my life, to the pastor and his wife, to the deacons, the deaconesses, the urshers, the young people and the choir, to all the blessed saints ..."

Preach, pastor! Preach!

Sis Jane, "How you doin' Sister Patterson?"
Sis Patterson, "I'm yet holdin' on"

I heard this so much at my old church that used to recite it as a kid.

makeupgirl

"How you doin?"
I'm blessed and Highly favored.

"The devil is a liar"

"Praise Goud" No joke, I've actually heard God prounced like a "u" was added.

You know what, i think we should start a whole 'nother thread on stuff we say/hear in the church. Some of these posts are bring back memories!lol :)

sent from the nebula quadrant 2-4-niner-foxtrot....home of misspellings....

You know what, i think we should start a whole 'nother thread on stuff we say/hear in the church. Some of these posts are bring back memories!lol :)

Yes! Someone start one.

This is bringing back memories for me too. :grin:

Last edited:

MrsIQ

^^lol,

what about the 'MAND' pronounced (Man da) of God...

is the womand of God, called the 'WOMAND' of God

Holiness prophetesses are BIG on saying it like that!

Anybody else know a Christian that answers their phone "Praise the Lord"? I got a cousin they does!

J'ai la Joie de Vie!!!!

LiciaB

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ladies, you have really brightened my day! OP, thank you for that vid! I saw some of me in there :lol:.

Shimmie

Staff member

Msmchy... this is your 'Gift'.

Both in excellence of your acting talent and in the video which is professionally done, it's not homemade. It's a Classic which deserves a Part II, Part III, and then a Holiday Edition, Volumn I.

I am serious about this. Your video has class and there's nothing 'rhoudy' or offensive about it.

Keep up the good work. :up:

And again your family is beautiful. I praise God for always blessing your marriage with His loving presence and that your children will always be protected under God's wings.

Last edited:

newnyer

Great vid OP. I've only skimmed the comments, but surprised no one has said one of my favorite Christian sayings.....
(With hands raised and eyes closed)
God is GOOD....

*anxiously waits for response*

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

joy2day

OP, you're great on camera! Someone posted one of your vids in makeup forum the other day. You are very funny, I saw myself in some of those too.

I know y'all have heard people pray and after every third word they say "amenpraiseGod" like it's all one word.

Shimmie

Staff member
OP, you're great on camera! Someone posted one of your vids in makeup forum the other day. You are very funny, I saw myself in some of those too.

I know y'all have heard people pray and after every third word they say "amenpraiseGod" like it's all one word.

Girl.... that's me on the Prayer Line.... :lol::lol::lol:

MrsIQ

Great vid OP. I've only skimmed the comments, but surprised no one has said one of my favorite Christian sayings.....
(With hands raised and eyes closed)
God is GOOD....

*anxiously waits for response*

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

"All the Time!" :lachen:

J'ai la Joie de Vie!!!!

MrsIQ

What about

"Go head, preacha!" (that how you tell your pastor his sermon is fiyah)

"One more for the Holy Ghost"

J'ai la Joie de Vie!!!!

mallysmommy

lol :52 - 1:05
i play Bible wheel of fortune all the time. hey sometimes im not sure what to study but i need to. cute videos i esp liked part with your son reciting Scripture beautiful

Shimmie

Staff member
Oh...wow! Glad you have a part 2 ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-WC7w8e-o&feature=related

LOL@ the Scripture Tea box closeup ... "that's the one I shoulda drank" :lachen: :lachen:

You're so funny (and talented)...

Laela Rose... :yep: :up:

This is good!

I have to try her 'Stuffed Chocolate Strawberries' recipe. It's one of her vids.

Msmchy... You are truly blessed with multiple gifts from the Lord and it flows naturally; there are no airs or put-ons. :yep:

Some of these YouTubes give me a headache, with the speech deficits... too many ummms, 'making smacking noises with their mouth, and long pauses between words/phrases, with their eyes rolling up and around. :nono: [ Lord, I can't handle it... :lol: ]

Not everyone can speak into a camera correctly. You have natural gift for the camera and for speaking.

I'd love to see you 'imitate' some of the 'amateur' wanna' be's on YouTube. Okay... maybe I'll leave that alone.

Blessings to you and your husband and your beautiful family.

@Laela Rose... :yep: :up:

This is good!

I have to try her 'Stuffed Chocolate Strawberries' recipe. It's one of her vids.

@Msmchy... You are truly blessed with multiple gifts from the Lord and it flows naturally; there are no airs or put-ons. :yep:

Some of these YouTubes give me a headache, with the speech deficits... too many ummms, 'making smacking noises with their mouth, and long pauses between words/phrases, with their eyes rolling up and around. :nono: [ Lord, I can't handle it... :lol: ]

Not everyone can speak into a camera correctly. You have natural gift for the camera and for speaking.

I'd love to see you 'imitate' some of the 'amateur' wanna' be's on YouTube. Okay... maybe I'll leave that alone.

Blessings to you and your husband and your beautiful family.

Ahhaa! You tryna get me in trouble, lol!!! I'm j/k. THANK you guys SO much for all your support! I want to do more funny Christian skits. I'ma hafta enlist some of my friends to help me!

Shimmie

Staff member
Ahhaa! You tryna get me in trouble, lol!!! I'm j/k. THANK you guys SO much for all your support! I want to do more funny Christian skits. I'ma hafta enlist some of my friends to help me!

I've subscribed to your channel. I'm looking forward to Part III of Things Christians Say or whatever the Lord places on your heart. :yep:

You have to imitate the women 'IN' Church Service.... :rofl: