Styling Rollerset Relaxed Hair

senznme

Hello Ladies,
I need your help. Please, can anyone offer tips and suggestions for styling roller set relaxed hair. I am NL 4b relaxed and finally succeeded in a decent roller set. The problem is I could not style it. I pinned and twisted and it looked a HOT MESS! :wallbash: I even did the saran wrap thing, not good, this time anyway. Could someone post pictures, post a link, give a great description of the process after the rolling part- I got that. I have done searches and have found nothing. I even went to you tube but I only found natural hair. HELP!!! I want to spice up my hair and I would like more options. I have done braid outs, wigs, and pony ponies. I haven't given up on my stylist, I just want to see her when I need a chemical service. I don't want to be totally dependent on my stylist anymore.

ceebee3

I need help with this also. All I've been doing is rollersetting and wrapping. It's nice and light with plenty of body, but I'm tired of just wearing it straight like this. I need to learn some styles also.

tbaby_8

Have you tried wrapping your hair and then getting back under the dryer then combing it down? It helps to relax the curl a little so it isn't as tight. You may want to check you tube. They may have something listed. I hope this helped.

prospurr4

When my hair was NL, I set my hair on small (3/4" - 1") rollers and wore spiral sets. I rolled my hair vertically so that my curls would hang down. I liked this style because it lasted for 7 days (even enduring my workouts) and required no manipulation. Occasionally, I would separate the curls and/or add a headband for a different look.

I never wrap my hair after a rollerset because I personally don't like to wear my hair straight.

I have pics in my fotki of my spiral set, in the "How Is It Down" album, if you want to take a peak.

Last edited:

MummysGirl

What size rollers are you using?
If it's big rollers, you can saran wrap (wrap and cover with cling film(saran)) and go under the dryer for 10 minutes or more.
If it's smaller rollers, check out my fotki (the first few pictures are BAD rollersets because that was my 1st attempt but I got better, yay!): http://public.fotki.com/MummysGirl/hair/rollerset/

I finger comb the rollerset results into the desired style... this is done by putting my finger into each roll and pulling downwards or in whatever directin I want the curls to fall.

Apologies for the large images, lol.

Last edited:

ajoyfuljoy

I usually have to flat iron my roots, even if I'm 0 weeks post. Some blow dry (blow out) the roots but that's what I do. That helps the hair not to look like an old lady wig.

If you have a good haircut, even if the hair is really curly, it will look great.

HTH>

Carrie A

^^ ditto to the haircut. Then the rollerset curls will fall into a nice style. Try pinning the sides back or parting on the side.

Here's my short style when I was relaxed.

Attachments

• Short cut side.jpg
    Short cut side.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 17

SCarolinaGirl

My avatar is a pic of my last rollerset. I have other pics in my fotki. I roller set with perm rods, finger combed and added a small clip to one side.

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

Have you tried wrapping your hair and then getting back under the dryer then combing it down? It helps to relax the curl a little so it isn't as tight. You may want to check you tube. They may have something listed. I hope this helped.

Piggybacking off of TBABY_8 - this maybe an alternative - this is the only way I do I my hair -