Substitute Teacher Compares Student’s Hair To Marlon Wayans’ Hairstyle From ‘dont Be A Menace ‘

metro_qt

Yeah, that's here in Toronto/Brampton. It's not going over very well.
I do hope she's going to be fired, and I'm really sad for the little one involved in this.

ETA "Disciplinary action could include a verbal reprimand, mandatory sensitivity training or termination, according to the board. It was not immediately known whether local police would also investigate the case."

Last edited:

LdyKamz

Yes there were kids who came to school looking like this when I was young. They were the children with abusive and/or neglectful parents and I cannot imagine a child coming to my classroom looking like this and me making fun of them. I feel like most black women would know sending a child out into the world like this is the result of neglect or non caring from the parent. If our kid woke up like this then we might make a joke but only an other would think this was something to openly joke about and post the kid on social media. This social media age has people dumbing all the way down. Every thought does not need a broadcast.

qchelle

Yes there were kids who came to school looking like this when I was young. They were the children with abusive and/or neglectful parents and I cannot imagine a child coming to my classroom looking like this and me making fun of them. I feel like most black women would know sending a child out into the world like this is the result of neglect or non caring from the parent. If our kid woke up like this then we might make a joke but only an other would think this was something to openly joke about and post the kid on social media. This social media age has people dumbing all the way down. Every thought does not need a broadcast.

Yep first thing I thought was neglect/ abuse

kupenda

I think there could be a silver lining in this. The child is definitely being neglected. Maybe the ugly actions of this susbstitue will get the child and his/her case looked into. No parent in their right mind willingly sends their baby to school looking unloved. I’ve seen children that were homeless but still looked cared for. My heart hurts for the little sweetiecakes