Sulfate-free PJ needs to use up silicone DCs, but how?

FindingMe

Ladies,

I BC'd 2 months ago and since I have stopped using sulfate shampoos entirely, my hair has taken a tremendous turn for the better. It took a full two months but now my hair is much smoother w/ less frizz and the most defined and soft it's ever been.

I am a PJ.:ohwell: I have at least $100+ worth of DCs that contain some form of silicone (Mixed Chicks, ORS, Ion Reconstructor, Cholesterol, etc...) that I need to use up before I start purchasing cone-free DCs.

How should I use them if I am no longer using sulfates on my hair?
Can I DC with the cones and then do a baking soda rinse? What after that?
Will any types of shampoo bars remove cones?
Is the DC supposed to be the last step in the process before styling, I mean should I even be washing my hair after I DC?

I just hate to lose my $$ but I also don't wanna undo all my efforts and start drying my hair back out again:nono::wallbash:

HELP:perplexed

Good question. I'd love to go sulfate-free but I'm just not ready to give up my cones. I loooooove the way they make my hair feel, even if it is only an illusion :rolleyes:

Ladies,

I BC'd 2 months ago and since I have stopped using sulfate shampoos entirely, my hair has taken a tremendous turn for the better. It took a full two months but now my hair is much smoother w/ less frizz and the most defined and soft it's ever been.

I am a PJ.:ohwell: I have at least $100+ worth of DCs that contain some form of silicone (Mixed Chicks, ORS, Ion Reconstructor, Cholesterol, etc...) that I need to use up before I start purchasing cone-free DCs.

How should I use them if I am no longer using sulfates on my hair?
Can I DC with the cones and then do a baking soda rinse? What after that?
Will any types of shampoo bars remove cones?
Is the DC supposed to be the last step in the process before styling, I mean should I even be washing my hair after I DC?

I just hate to lose my $$ but I also don't wanna undo all my efforts and start drying my hair back out again:nono::wallbash:

HELP:perplexed

They would be excellent for shaving. When I buy conditioners that don't work I use them for shaving!

I don't know if shampoo bars removes cones. I do know that baking soda and/or acv rinses will.

The DC is the last step in my process before styling. If you shampoo after the DC then what was the point of the DC??

Sorry, I wasn't that helpful.

Good question. I'd love to go sulfate-free but I'm just not ready to give up my cones. I loooooove the way they make my hair feel, even if it is only an illusion :rolleyes:

:yep: They worked SO well for me when I was relaxed and during my transition.

I have found a way around using them now and my hair is in the best all around condition it's ever been in, but I just hate to throw/give away all that product/$$ without at least trying to figure out a way to work them into my regi...:ohwell:

:bump:

They would be excellent for shaving. When I buy conditioners that don't work I use them for shaving!

I don't know if shampoo bars removes cones. I do know that baking soda and/or acv rinses will.

The DC is the last step in my process before styling. If you shampoo after the DC then what was the point of the DC??

Sorry, I wasn't that helpful.

That's what I was thinking about shampooing or rinsing with the Baking soda after the DC.

:lol: Cute idea on the shaving. :yep:

ACV rinses off cones, you say? It also serves to seal the hair cuticle, so I'm wondering would that be a good last step then? Like serving two puposes, sealing the good stuff in and washing the bad stuff off? :think:

Anybody know?

I started my journey early this year and have had a couple of setbacks-I was just about to purchase Silcon -Dominican Products -but am concerned because you said that it's just the shine is an "illusion"-is Silcon bad for the hair? And what exactly does the Sulfate do as well? I'm adding to my products and want to understand the benefits and draw backs of both.

Thanks-Your hair lools great!

Back