Sulfur 8 and Glovers Mane, Revisited

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I just bought me some Glovers (Floral fragrance)... it doesnt smell bad to me...I cant wait to try it and see results.

KAddy

Frenchee's Found in MD

OK ladies, so I am out and about yesterday and decided to check a bss for WGO. *I'm not a PJ* :look: Anyhoo, I am always looking out for products for my LHCF sistas so I decided to look for the Frenchee's stuff. I found it! At first I only saw the Frenchee's Tar Shampoo, which was 2.99 and beside the Glover's Mane stuff. Then I went walking around looking for the WGO (which they had behind the counter :ohwell: ) Well, I say the Frenchee's Super Gro (or whatever that name is) and it was 6.49. It is a decent sized jar, but I did notice that it doesn't have ingredients listed on it. :eek: Well just wanted to let you all know where it is if you are in Montgomery County, MD.

Location Information:

Uni Beauty (formerly Jacques Renee) in Briggs Chaney Shopping Center Next to the Chuch E. Cheese's.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I can't find frenchee's, but that's ok. My mom and I have used Sulfur 8. My hair was long at the time, so I never noticed a diff. My mom, who at one time had a prob w. her hair, used Sulfur 8 faithfully. It grew her hair back in no time. I am happy that I talked to her ab. Sulfur 8. Since using the S8 and the Glover's, my hair has started growing faster than I ever thought possible. This stinky challenge is great! I'm glad u ladies thought of it! :lachen: My progress is incredible! My twa is now a medium fro. I can almost put my hair in a tiny puff... When I first b.cd 1/8/05, I saw nothing but scalp. Now, my ends are filling in and the rest of my hair is responding to my regime. My S8,Glover's, and castor oil cond mix alng w/ Surge and ORS products has really helped me w/ my hair. I'm so happy w/ the results, I just had to vent! :lol:

rosie

How are you ladies using the S8 and the glover's.

I want to use it on my head and my 7 yo's hair. BUt I don't want to go around smelling like sulfur 8 if I can help it. My daughter usually wears her hairin braid styles for about 2 weeks at a time. Every 3 months or so, I'll give her mini braids (her own hair - which is about 7 inches in length) for a god month.

I wear my hair in either mini braids or mini twists for a month at a time.

But we both wash our hair every week.

Advice is helpful.

Here's what I may do with the Glover's. WHen I take her hair down, oil her scalp with it and leave it in overnight. Then wash it out in the morning and condition her hair.

Advice???

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
EbonyEyes said:
...........I'm going back to it...I bought some Glovers Mane (The floral scented one) from the BSS today. I put a little in a mixture of EVOO, Castor, and Doo Groo Anti-Itch oil. I plan on using this once every 2-3 days..................-Ebony

Great thread btw...:up: :up:

Okay, I've been meaning to get in on this thing.

I few years ago, when I was greasing my scalp a lot, I ran out of Blue Magic. I grabbed my husband's Sulfur 8(yellow jar) and started greasing my head with that. That's when I fell in love with the tingle!! I then decided to mix it with my lotion moisturizer of that time. My hair started sprouting! I think the grease got to heavy and hot in the summer so I stopped using it. Everyone kept asking what I was doing. I started mixing up the concocction for others as well!

I've been really contemplating going back to Sulfur 8 because of the great results. I mean, I was seeing newgrowth after two weeks(wanting to touchup then too, but resisted :look: ) However, I think I want to try the Glover's especially if it is a liquid form. I'll try it the way EbonyEyes is doing it except I'll probably add a peppermint and eliminate the castor(too heavy for me). Then I'll apply it to me and my daughter's scalp with my applicator bottle.

carrie

OK, I think I am actually gonna get in on this. Iwas rooting thru my box-o-hair stuff and found a little jar of the Sulfur-8 lite. Lord knows when I bought this!?!?!?! But I'll be concentrating on my hairline with this.

PoeticJustice

I also would like to incorporate this into my regimen. I bought some today but I haven't decided how I want to use it. Are you ladies applying the liquid throughout your scalp and massaging it in and the greasing your scalp with the S8 or just applying the S8 to the hairline and/or ends? How long are you leaving this in until your next shampoo? Sorry for the questions, I just don't want to be doing this wrong :confused:
thanks in advance.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
I bought the Glover's Floral Scented Scalp Medicine. It is liquid.

I mixed it in an applicator bottle with some EVOO, a few drops of peppermint eo, a little Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment and a little castor oil(just a little!). After my touch up, I just parted and applied to my scalp and then rubbed it in after each application. My head was tingly, still is! :grin: And OH how I like the tingle....:yep:

frankie

Mochalita-

How's your growth coming along? Are you still faithfully follwing your regime? I'm considering adding the glover's or sulfur 8 to my product list...but I wanted an update to be sure it's worth it.

Thanks

Ladylynn

Oh lawd, you ladies are bringing up some memories. Let me tell you a little story. When I was a baby I was born with no have, none, natta, nothing. So... when it came time for me to take my pictures, my mother had to tape a bow to my hair in order to make sure that I didn't look like a little boy :lachen: , and I was about 6-7 months old. For the longest time, my hair still didn't grow. So one summer, my family took our usual trip down south to NC to visit family. My grandmother told my mom to go get some Glovers :eek: and mix it with royal crown hair grease :eek: :eek: . Anyhoo, I can remember like it was yesterday, I would squirm and squeal while my mother was mixing up her little southern concoction. Oh, the smell, oh the horror. But ladies let me tell you, that little concoction worked. My hair was growing in no time. My mom would apply the mixture to my scalp, then cornrow my hair. For the first time in my life I had hair. She used this on my hair for the better part of my elementary years. Then my silly tail, got up the nerve to tell mama that I didn't want the stinky stuff in my hair anymore, so she listened.... and my hair stopped growing at that rate. For the longest time I had forgotten about glovers. I am definitely gonna look into the products that contain sulfur: glovers, mtg, sulfur 8. They do work!

I wonder how much sulfur mtg has in it. Does anyone know?

jshor09

I used sulfur 8 before when I first was attempting to grow out my hair cut. I'm not sure why I stopped . It worked great. I got my husband to use it when he had dandruff. It also grew his hair quickly. He had to get his hair cut sooner. I've never used the glovers. I 'm thinking about trying it though. I think i'm going to add the sulfur 8 back to my regimine.

Ginsana

I am soo going on this challenge!! What I want to know is how do you put this stuff in your scalp?? Am I supposed to melt the Sulfur 8 grease in the microwave and mix it up with the Glover's mane dandruff medicine and THEN put apply it to my scalp?? Or do I use one product then the other??

Ashee

I bought the Sulpher 8 Medicated (yellow container) today and I am going to see if this will help with the itching. If the sulpher helps with the groth, that would be a bonus! :D

angellazette

I recently added Glover's to my Surge (which I have been religiously using twice daily since the beginning of this week)...along with Rosemary oil and my head has been itching like crazy! I mean I've used Surge twice daily off and on w/peppermint oil and always got the tingle. Now I get the tingle, and later in the day I get itchies. I woke up sratching this morning and the last time I Surged was last night. It's like a delayed occurence. It must be the daily use of Glover's, but I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing! Opinions!?

ETA that I have been typically using the Glover's once a week, so these are ALL products I have used before with no itchies. No bumps, no burning, no irritation.

Last edited:

deedabug

im on this challenge..i had stop using surge with surge ultra max a week short...couldnt help it...i got some frenchee...i am only doin one stank at time lol...i think im gonna wash every 3 days and apply for 3 days like that...i never used frenchee before but a friend used it on my son's hair a few years back and u could tell it had grown in a week....glover's i still cant find around here..sulfur 8...lets see what frenchee's will do first

angellazette

Little update... :p

I still use the Glover's mixed with Surge and lavendar, peppermint and rosemary eo's. I also recently added a bit of wheat germ oil to it. Sometimes I get the itchies and sometimes I don't. Still no burning or bumps. I'm currently going through another bout of itchies and noticed growth in my recent photos. :yay::yay::yay: I'm thinking there's a correlation there...:woot:

beloved1

Hmmm. .. I might pick up some Sulfur 8 for my daughter's hair, I think she could use a grease in her regimen. Maybe, I'll apply it to my scalp when I get my cornrows.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I used Sulfur 8 for the first time today. I massaged it into my scalp and I tell ya... this stuff made my scalp feel so nice and tingly!!! :love: So I know it works! None of these other things I've used (Surge and cayenne pepper oil mixture) gave me this feeling. I can't wait to see results! :weird:

Aquamarine

Hi there!
When I was a kid experimenting with my hair, It would break off in the front. Every friday after school, my mom would mix Glovers liquid with any kind of grease (blue magic, royal crown etc) and apply it to the scalp/hair of the short areas. That way, the smell would be gone by the weekend. My hair grew back fast in the short areas :)

beloved1

beloved1 said:
Hmmm. .. I might pick up some Sulfur 8 for my daughter's hair, I think she could use a grease in her regimen. Maybe, I'll apply it to my scalp when I get my cornrows.

I went out and got some today. I applied to my nape area that needs some growth and like Poohbear says, it feels tingly, and. . . comforting, just so old school- and back-in-the day.

I put it in on my baby's hair (4 yr. old) and it made her hair so soft, I didn't realize that would be one of the benefits. But I was too heavy-handed, my head was swimming (swimming'-in-the head as my grandma says:) from the strong smell. Both of our hair has been doing well (hers about 1/2" a month, mine 3/4") but I feel like it might really take off now. If this works out I plan to add MTG to the mix next month and then I'm done buying stuff!