sulfur challenge, 2011 edition

hair4romheaven

Ladies when your bottle is almost empty do you add more oil to it or do you continue to use the oil until its all done? I am scared to use the oil with all that sulfer on the bottom.
Do you throw out the sulfer that has been saturated with you old oil and use new sulpher each time you make a batch?

Last edited:

lexxi

Question for ladies who are relaxed and wear weaves how do you apply your mix. I'm natural but im getting a kinky straight weave mid October and I need to know how much will I have to be washing and how I will be applying.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Ladies when your bottle is almost empty do you add more oil to it or do you continue to use the oil until its all done? I am scared to use the oil with all that sulfer on the bottom.
Do you throw out the sulfer that has been saturated with you old oil and use new sulpher each time you make a batch?

When my mixture is getting low, a make a new batch. I add the new batch to the previous bottle, shake, and apply. There isn't too much danger with the concentration as long as you vigorously shake your bottle before each application.

Saga

The Generous Queen
@danceontheskyline is ur hair loose when u apply it? I find it annoying to have to part my hair every night. Lol
Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100
No, presently my hair is in a set of kinky twists I did about 2 weeks ago-which you can see in my siggie. But before the kinky twists i used to wear my hair in big plaits and the put the oil on my scalp between the parts and on the inside of the braid. If I tried to apply sulfur oil on loose hair I would probably shake it up, pour a bit out in my hand, rub it on my fingers, then massage it into my head. I wouldn't want to go through all that parting nonsense either.

lushcoils

I'm back on the sulfur application! I applied my Bee Mine mango last night. I forgot how bad it smelled. I wish I could apply it every night, but I don't want to have to wash my hair every morning. I hope it's still effective if I do it every other night.

Qualitee

Grew an inch in one mouth using beemine. 1 oz of BM and 1 oz of my fav oil mixed together applied one a week. Im going to see what happens when I apply it twice a week. I hope to have 12-13 inches by Dec.....currently have 9 inches of NG:look:

CrueltyFree

I pre poo'd with honey and olive oil and then I made an impromptu decision to make a sulfur mix. I didn't measure but I mixed some sulfur with castor oil. Probably 1tbsp of sulfur to 3-4 tbsp of castor oil. I applied it to my scalp while I had in my honey and olive oil. Put on my heat cap for about 45 minutes, and then I washed it out. I don't know why I did it that way. I just felt like doing it.

I don't like the way sulfur smells :eek:/ Good thing my conditioner smells good.lol

Blue_Berry

Soooooo.
I found this in my stash and it contains lots of good stuff including sulphur and Saw Palmetto. It's a DHT blocker and hair growth booster.
Here is the website
http://www.organichairenergizer.com/

I cannot find an ingredient list on the net but is very long and i ain't gonna type it out :look:
I decanted it into an applicator bottle as the pump is so impractical and because i had alot of excess on my hands i applied quite alot to the front portion of my hair and scalp. After about 2 minutes i felt a tingling sensation. I have just taken off my scarf an hour later to feel my hair and it very soft and smooth - it says it is to be put on the hair too.

It's easily available in BSSs.

BublinHow far on the ingredients list is the sulfur or what percentage does it state the sulfur?

esi.adokowa

Looking good in here ladies! Sorry I fell off the wagon, life has been a bit crazy lately.
Jumping back in with two feet for the rest of the year, though!

Has anyone figured out a way to keep your pillowcases from turning yellow?

greenandchic

Looking good in here ladies! Sorry I fell off the wagon, life has been a bit crazy lately.

Has anyone figured out a way to keep your pillowcases from turning yellow?

I have to sleep on a couple of old towels.

coyacoy

one (or a combination) of these three things usually help:
  • apply sulfur as soon as i get home from work so that it has absorbed some before bed
  • baggy under a silk cap
  • use/make a sulfur butter instead of oil
HTH

Has anyone figured out a way to keep your pillowcases from turning yellow?[/QUOTE]

LaidBak

Love the idea of sulfur butter! Is there a company besides Njoi Creations that makes some (she appears to have stopped selling it). Im really not trying to make my own right now.
I use MSM cream every now and again, but a butter interests me.

choctaw

Love the idea of sulfur butter! Is there a company besides Njoi Creations that makes some (she appears to have stopped selling it). Im really not trying to make my own right now.
I use MSM cream every now and again, but a butter interests me.

LaidBak

I added a couple shots of Surge to eco styler custard. It is easy to apply and the consistency of butter.

LaidBak

Im going to inquire with Shescentit to see if they will add sulfur to the butter I normally order.
Other than that, I've used Ms. Claudies on my scalp three nights this past week.

ETA: They will! I ordered Seyani Hair butter with MSM/sulfur. Yay!

Last edited:

transitioning?

I just wanted to pop in and say how happy I am with my bee mine sulphur serum. I get an a little over .5 inches a month now. My natural growth rate is .375 inches a month so I'm hyped. Also my scalp doesn't itch anymore.

Lets keep it up ladies!

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

LaidBak

The butter I ordered with MSM came. I've been using it for three days. I love it! Really glad I found this thread because I never would have thought of it.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Did a quick scalp massage with sulfur pomade, moisturized with Oyin's Juices & Berries, then sealed with Oyin's Coco-Mango Afterbath oil. My hair smells fruity.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Can't wait to see the reveals! I heard so much about sulfur. Maybe I will join 2012 sulfur challenge if I see some good progress pics! GROW LADIES GROW!! WHOOP WHOOP!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

babyt87

Did a quick scalp massage with sulfur pomade, moisturized with Oyin's Juices & Berries, then sealed with Oyin's Coco-Mango Afterbath oil. My hair smells fruity.

Hi what is in your "Sulphur Pomade"? did you make it yourself?

Think this maybe the answer to the dripping prob i am having!