sulfur challenge, 2011 edition

greenandchic

babyt87 - before NappyNelle responds, I made my own once using shea butter, castor, jojoba and olive oils. I didn't melt the shea butter before mixing. I whipped the room temp shea butter until it was smooth and added the oils until I got the consistency I wanted. I added the sulfur last and carefully whipped it. At the time I would have just blended it with coconut oil, but it was summer and it was melted.

Curious how NappyNelle made hers!

LaidBak

I wonder if the Bee Mine will suffice. I hate mixing.

Is the Claudie's Elixer that good?

I like her Elixir because it completely obliterates the smell of sulfur. Everyone who smelled my hair when I used it gave me a compliment (I have the creme brulee scent).

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
babyt87 I 'cheated' to make my pomade! I add 1tsp of sulfur to melted Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar pomade, and allowed the mixture to solidify at room temperature. I used the Oyin because I had it on hand, my hair likes it, and the oils are full of ceramides. :lick:

If I were to make my own pomade, my mixture would be similar to greenandchic's pomade from this summer. Instead of jojoba and olive oils, I would use grape seed and coconut oils. I hope that helps.

babyt87

@babyt87 I 'cheated' to make my pomade! I add 1tsp of sulfur to melted Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar pomade, and allowed the mixture to solidify at room temperature. I used the Oyin because I had it on hand, my hair likes it, and the oils are full of ceramides. :lick:

Ahh sounds good! i think i will try this this weekend! thanks :D!

babyt87

@babyt87 - before @NappyNelle responds, I made my own once using shea butter, castor, jojoba and olive oils. I didn't melt the shea butter before mixing. I whipped the room temp shea butter until it was smooth and added the oils until I got the consistency I wanted. I added the sulfur last and carefully whipped it. At the time I would have just blended it with coconut oil, but it was summer and it was melted.

Curious how @NappyNelle made hers!

Ahh good idea. I was thinkin coconut oil might do well! i'm goin to experiment with this and NappyNelle 's suggestion and see what happens!

Thanks!

greenandchic

babyt87 I 'cheated' to make my pomade! I add 1tsp of sulfur to melted Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar pomade, and allowed the mixture to solidify at room temperature. I used the Oyin because I had it on hand, my hair likes it, and the oils are full of ceramides. :lick:

If I were to make my own pomade, my mixture would be similar to greenandchic's pomade from this summer. Instead of jojoba and olive oils, I would use grape seed and coconut oils. I hope that helps.

LOVE that idea! I may try that next time I order Burnt Sugar. :lick:

Ahh good idea. I was thinkin coconut oil might do well! i'm goin to experiment with this and NappyNelle 's suggestion and see what happens!

Thanks!

Now that it's almost winter, I can try with coconut oil...

gvin89

I've consistently used products with MSM. I BCd back in May and then had a setback in October. I will not reach the BSL goal as I'm currently NL. I will continue using sulfur and hope to have better results next year.

LaidBak

Applied Sulu Max Grow to my scalp before bed. I'm washing in the morning, so I figured this would be a good time to bust out the stinky stuff.

LovinLocks

one (or a combination) of these three things usually help:apply sulfur as soon as i get home from work so that it has absorbed some before bed; baggy under a silk cap; use/make a sulfur butter instead of oil

I believe this will do. I've been sleeping on satin pillowcases so I don't have to be bothered with caps and such. Perhaps a butter concoction will allow me to continue not using caps.