SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

kinky curlygenie

Id like to join if i still can :)
I hav my own challenge on a diff site but it's nice to gt advce from othr ladies

Starting Length: longest bits grazing APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: full BSL
Regimen:cowash 1-2 tx weekly, m&s everyothr day sulphur weekly applications
Method of Sulfur Application: oil application n massage
Other Growth Aids: MSM, Biotin lots of water

I normally apply sulphur every othr day since I had assessmnts but now I think Ima step it up to 5 days a week - iv had really gd results before n I really want to make BSL this year :)

nubiennze

Combined a bit of my oil mix with some KBB butter for scent and ease of application last night. Trying to use up what I have already made before I make my own mango butter "grease".

nakialovesshoes

Does anyone know if MSM lotion will give the same effect as regular sulfur? I made a mix of 15% MSM lotion & MN today & I'm hoping I can get some good growth from it.

ReignLocks

Just made me a new batch of sulfur oil and right before I added the EO, I smelled my mix and it did NOT stink. I added a few drops of Rosemary and there was that medicine smell. I decided to omit the EO and add a fragranted oil, Aloha, but now my mix smells like a hint of relaxer. What's a girl to do???? :pullhair:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Ok so I was doing one week VHF and one Week Sulfur Oil. I'm sticking strictly with the Sulfur Oil. That VHF is so heavy and greasy. I hate the way my Hair feels after using it. I'm not even through the week,down to the last few clumps in the tube and I'm done with it. I am going to be Oil free for the weekend though so I am DC'ing right now and will wash and my Hair will be ready to roll for Sunday Morning. I didn't even wait to see if I got results. If I hate the way a product makes my hair feel, I'm just dumping it.

itismehmmkay

@itismehmmkay yep, my mix is about 5%. I only oil my scalp 2x per week right now. Too lazy to do more than that.

kinky curlygenie Welcome!

Lawd I really wanna find a way to join this challenge lolol.

Maybe I'll just use the Glover's straight and according to it's directions. It says to apply to scalp and leave on for 15min to an hour. So basically a prepoo. I'll see how it works out if I do that on Sundays before I wash. The directions say at least 2X a week, but I'll try weekly first.

kinky curlygenie

bajandoc86 thank you - excited

Soo I've just mixed up a batch ystrday - my mix is pretty boring just grapeseed and evoo it doesn't smell that bad considering I haven't put any eo in but I will b going into twn 2day 2 stock up on everythin it seems lol

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
NappyNelle...did you have any of the shedding w/ Sulfur?

itismehmmkay Yay you're back! Sorry for taking so long; I was away on 'staycation' for two days.

When I tried sulfur oil several years ago, I did have an increase in shedding for about two months. Since starting up with sulfur again last year, I have not had extra shedding. My first time around, I believe I added too much sulfur powder to my mix (being impatient :rolleyes:) so it was too much for my scalp. I was also using EVOO because other people were; my hair doesn't like it much anymore. Sorry, I am rambling again. I HTH!

Saga

The Generous Queen
Starting Length: Layered APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: FULL APL. (or as close as I can get)
Regimen: While out of Protective Style: Wash hair once a week. Pre-poo with oil and twist hair. Wash in twists. DC one week, protein treatment the next. Air dry in braids OR Blow dry with the tension method. Moisturize and seal as needed.

While in Protective Style:
Wash once a week. Infusium 23 leave in and African Royale braids spray in the morning, GHE w/ sulfur oil at night. DC every 2 weeks.

Method of Sulfur Application: Hot Six oil w/Sublimed Sulfur
Other Growth Aids: MSM, Chlorella, GHE, Scalp Massaging, & Water.
Starting Pic (optional):

Last edited:

sckri23

Dr. miracle has sulfur in it when I was going to the salon my stylist told me my hair couldn't take sulfur or maybe she said so much sulfur either way I don't use it if your hair is doin great with it dr. miracle could work for you

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app