SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Just edited my first post with my sulfur mix.

My sulfur mix will be sublimed sulfur+ JBCO + peppermint oil.

I started using this mix on Monday to test it out, and so far so good.

Since I am in my senegalese twists, I needed to make sure that whatever sulfur mix I was using would not leave a residue/film of sulfur at the base of my twists. After 3 mornings of applying, I am still in the clear.

Yay.

beautyaddict1913

Starting Length: BSL/ (below SL curly)
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: MBL/ (APL curly)
Regimen:Wash weekly, Moisture DC weekly(with steam), Protein RX/Henna once per month
Method of Sulfur Application: I will be using Claudie's Scalp Elixir
Other Growth Aids: JBCO/peppermint oil mix to oil scalp and Christine Gant Mixed Greens

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Thanks for the responses ladies! :yep:

Question: For those of you that have used sulfur as a growth aid in the past, what was the difference in your growth rate?

My average growth rate is less than 0.5 a month, so I'm hoping the sulfur regime will give me at least that.

choctaw

I'll lurk ...
I am using mustard oil blended with ayurvedic oils for edges and ends.
I mixed Shapley's MTG in eco custard for leave-in, twists, braids ... added scented oil to kill bacon smell

LaidBak

Thanks for the responses ladies! :yep:

Question: For those of you that have used sulfur as a growth aid in the past, what was the difference in your growth rate?

My average growth rate is less than 0.5 a month, so I'm hoping the sulfur regime will give me at least that.

I went from 1/2 inch at the crown and 1/4 inch at my front edges in 5 weeks with no growth aide to 3/4 of an inch at the crown in 4 weeks and 1/2 at my front edges.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Starting Length: TWA
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: SL
Regimen:Shampoo once a week; DC once a week; co-wash as needed; sulfur mix daily. I may also incorporate sew-ins (depends on timing), if so, I will just eliminate the daily co-washing
Method of Sulfur Application:I will apply it every evening.
Other Growth Aids:None
Starting Pic (optional):I'll add a starting pic on Wednesday. I am getting a sew-in and can have my sister take my pics for me.

coyacoy

Count me in! I did the 2011 challenge and had great results. hoping for the same or better in 2012! :grin:

Starting Length: somewhere between shoulder and APL not streched....i don't measure my hair streched anymore since that's not how i wear it. i am more interested in hitting my goal length with my hair in its natural state
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: full APL - all layers
Regimen: wash weekly to include oil rinse...henna DC weekly...protein treatment as needed...moisturize with giovanni or BF leave in, Qhemet and seal with JBCO daily
Method of Sulfur Application: homemade sulfur butter mix
Other Growth Aids: nioxin and msm
Starting Pic (optional): in my avatar and album - will update after the New Year

HHG!!:yep:

Last edited:

lawyer2be371

Starting Length: between APL and BSL hoping for BSL by February 19,2012 my birthday Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: Full MBL Regimen: roller setting until I can afford braids maybe april next year lol protecting my ends taking care of my roots Method of Sulfur Application: sublime sulfur and oil Other Growth Aids: nioxin (maybe January 2012) Starting Pic (optional):above the last pic of the year not flat ironin to my birthday next year picture is about 2 weeks old

againstallodds

I'm in! I have a bottle of Shea Goodness Growth Support Serum to use.

Starting Length: BSL (line 6)

Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: WL! (line 9/10)

Regimen: wash 1x week, HOT before wash. Shampoo. Roux PC. PM Super Skinny Treatement. Deep Condition. Apply leave-in condition and serum. Detangle. Air--dry. During the week: moisture and seal my ends nightly. Spray my new growth with watered down moisturizer every other day.

Method of Sulfur Application: Shea Goodness Growth Support Serum

Other Growth Aids: Country Life Maxi-Hair

Starting Pic (optional): as of 11/20/11:

tajaun

Tired of being a lurker soooo im in, maybe it will help me to be consistent:
Starting Length: Barely shoulder length
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: hopefully full strong health BSL
Regimen: Cowash once a week with moisturizing con, DC once a week, Henna every 4 weeks, after each wash moisturize and seal with castor oil. spray diluted moisturizer on daily in mornings and apply megatek with sulfur at night, wear protective styles,KEEP MY HANDS AND SCISSORS OUT OF MY HEAD
Method of Sulfur Application: mixture of sulfur, megatek, oils, herbs Other Growth Aids: megatek
Starting Pic (optional): how do u post a pic

Aggie

I want to join too, but I am not keen on topical applications anymore either. I prefer to take it internally as MSM. I take it for joint health and pain relief - hair health is simply an added bonus for me.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I will be taking MSM again not for my hair really but for my knees. My joints get a little aggravated from working out. I hope it will help while I better my form and diet.
Starting Length: SL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: BSL
Regimen: Cornrows under a wig until May 2012; after that protective styling/low manipulation styles. Weekly or bi-monthly washing.
Method of Sulfur Application: MSM pills at at 2000-3000mg.
Other Growth Aids: I also take biotin at 3000mcg.

greenandchic

Starting Length: BSL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: WL
Regimen: Cowash 1x week in the winter; henna twice a month; protein as needed; moisturize and seal daily; sulfur mix three times a week.
Method of Sulfur Application: Homemade oil mix applied via hair color bottle.
Other Growth Aids: MSM 2000mg day (though I take that for my joints primarily)
Starting Pic (optional):

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
The list is growing nicely! Hey guys! Thanks for joining :grin: I will update the list when I get to my home computer.

Aggie

Starting Length: SL

Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: Full APL or touching BSL I will be happy.

Regimen: Big plaits under wigs for the entire year and I may alternate them with weaves though; Very low manipulation styles with 3 trims throughout the year - max 4 trims. Deep treatment once a week to once every 2 weeks depending on how busy my schedule is.

Method of Sulfur Application: MSM pills at at 2000 mg daily which I already took for the day but will be increasing it to 4000 mg a day - splitting half morning and half in the evening. I really need to extend my hair's growth cycle.

Other Growth Aids: I take 500 mg of silica a day but need to increase this to 1500 mg a day. I also take a 5000 mcg of biotin capsule daily and now increasing this to 10,000 mcg daily - 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

Don't worry ladies, I do take B-Complex vitamins to counteract the zits. My skin is still flawless. Lastly, I take Neocell collagen and Phytospecific Cap Energy hair and nail vitamins.

Lita

I take 5100mg M.S.M & drink plenty water..

*I take it for my joints but,if it helps my hair what a great addition...

Happy Hair Growing!

Aggie

I was relaxed and reached BSL. Then I chopped it all off to become natural, then texlaxed, then cut off 1.5 - 2 inches this month and now that I am finally happy with it - this is where my hair is now:

Attachments

• Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

tajaun

Starting Length: MBL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: I'm only going to do sulfur prob. half the year, depends on how I feel or when I get to WSL
Regimen: Wash, deep condition, ACV and Rosemary Rinse weekly, moisturize,braid hair and wear wigs.
Method of Sulfur Application: I ordered some last week, flowers of sulfur, I'm mix with oils and apply daily.
Other Growth Aids:None
Starting Pic (optional):

how do u make the ACV and Rosemary Rinse

thatscuteright

Just made a sublime sulfur mix. Decided to grow my hair again after cutting it to shoulder length and staying natural. Thank you OP for starting this thread.

I'm in!!!

Starting Length: barely APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: touching BSL
Regimen: Currently in jumbo kinky twists, continue protective styling.
Method of Sulfur Application: homemade topical sulfur mix. ( sublime sulfur + coconut oil, olive oil, and peppermint oil)
Other Growth Aids: Priteva Ultra Charge Hair Formula
Starting Pic (optional): Hair currently in kinky twists.

Last edited:

mstokes2008

I want to join!!

Starting Length: Slightly past APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: Between BSL & MBL
Regimen: Still working on it, but mostly PS w/ buns and twists//rinse or cowash 2-3x/wk//No poo when needed//HOT biweekly//DC overnight weekly//oil scalp 1-2x/wk
Method of Sulfur Application: MSM capsules (currently taking 2,000mg/day but considering increasing to 4,000 mg soon)// Use sulfur mix on scalp 1-2x/wk (still working on my mixture)
Other Growth Aids: Biotin 1000mcg when I remember and Garlic tablets to combat shedding
Starting Pic (optional): Will post in December after my next flat iron session.​

Lita

For you sulfur lovers...The Pomade Shop on etsy- Has sulfur pomades on sale plus free shipping-Discount code- NATURALHAIRLATINA

*Sample sizes 4-6$/They have rosemary/peppermint & hawaiian pomades..

Happy Hair Growing!

mstokes2008

For you sulfur lovers...The Pomade Shop on etsy- Has sulfur pomades on sale plus free shipping-Discount code- NATURALHAIRLATINA

*Sample sizes 4-6$/They have rosemary/peppermint & hawaiian pomades..

Happy Hair Growing!

Thanks for sharing! My inner PJ just came out because I've been looking for a sulfur pomade like item I could use since I kind of hate mixing stuff. I ordered a sample size, can't wait until it gets here, hopefully I'll like it and will use it for the challenge!