SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

Lita

Thanks for sharing! My inner PJ just came out because I've been looking for a sulfur pomade like item I could use since I kind of hate mixing stuff. I ordered a sample size, can't wait until it gets here, hopefully I'll like it and will use it for the challenge!

mstokes2008 Your Welcome! Make sure to do a review...

Happy Hair Growing!

reggierisk

Please count me in.

Starting Length: apl
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: bsl
Regimen:low manipulation, bunning, updos,
Method of Sulfur Application: msm pills, sulfur jbco mix,
Other Growth Aids: biotin, occasional megatex
Starting Pic (optional):

Lita

Put a little Camille Rose (ultimate serum) on my scalp...

Ingredients -bringaraj herbs,brahmi,biotin,MSM,jojoba,coconut,sesame,olive,distilled water,rosemary & lavender...

Happy Hair Growing!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Will be updating the list tonight!

Lita that sounds lovely! Imma check them out too. I am really looking foward to seeing what growth I get next year.

tajaun

Lita, Is this new, have u used it previously and I wonder where else can u purchase bringaraj herbs, brahmi? Thank you for replying, I love your hair.

Lita

Lita, Is this new, have u used it previously and I wonder where else can u purchase bringaraj herbs, brahmi? Thank you for replying, I love your hair.

tajaun Hi! My first time using this product was Friday (Yes, its a new addition to the product stash lol)...I bought it during her Black Holiday Friday special..Camille Rose sale had started on Tuesday 22nd & ends Monday 28th...
Out-side of that, I have been using brahmi pomade by Vadic Herbs for quit some-time with excellent results (thicker hair) growing in..I use other Indian oils for pre pooing etc...

*You can find Indian oils & herbs at your local Indian market...

KEEP ME POSTED..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I'm about to apply my sulfur/peppermint/jbco mix to my scalp.

Friday made 6 weeks in my twists.
6 to go.

Aggie

Already took my 4,000mg of msm for the day. I have a feeling my dreams are going to be quite vivid tonight:spinning:.

LaidBak

Checking in. Still taking MSM, using Surge cream, and applying sulfur oil.
Question: what's the difference between MSM powder and Sublimed sulfur powder? Which gives better results when mixed with oil?

esi.adokowa

i'd love to join. :]]

just started on the sulfur train again last night.
my mix consists of about one and a half tsp in 8oz of sunflower oil. :love: sunflower oil, OMG!

Starting Length: shoulder length
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: bsl
Regimen: varies.
Method of Sulfur Application: scalp massage with oil every night
Other Growth Aids: gnc multi & hsn
Starting Pic (optional): my hair's in braids right now.

Aggie

Question: what's the difference between MSM powder and Sublimed sulfur powder? Which gives better results when mixed with oil?

Whoa LaidBak, stop the train at bolded! Which Surge cream is this, please pray tell? And where may I get me some of it:look:?

Aggie

MSM powder is ingestible and Sublimed is topical. Sublimed I believe is better mixed with oil - rather it is the one most of us here mix with oils especially for our MN mixtures, etc...MSM powder is white in color and sublimed is yellow.

Aggie

Oooops, got so excited that I forgot to update - already took 2000mg of MSM for the day and will be taking another 2000mg of it later this evening.

Last edited:

LaidBak

Whoa @LaidBak, stop the train at bolded! Which Surge cream is this, please pray tell? And where may I get me some of it:look:?

Its called Surge Ultra Max. They don't make it anymore. When I discovered it I bought a lot of jars for my grandmother and me. Once they discontinued it I sent all but one jar to her because it really helped her. I'm just using up the last of that jar.

Also, thanks for the clarification on MSM/sublimed sulfur!

Lita

Just finished washing/Dc/Leave-in..I applied a little Peppermint pomade on my scalp its nice & whipped thick (A little goes a long way) I'm loving the smell.Then I sealed my length with Walnut-oil...

Peppermint Pomade-(The Pomade Shop etsy)

*Ingredients- Coconut oil,Castor,Emu,Sulfur (peppermint)..Scent vanilla...

Happy Hair Growing!

tiffjust2002

I would like to join for my daughter she's 7 but she has thin edges by nature I would like to thicken and grow them would this challenge be appropriate for her or no?

Aggie

I would like to join for my daughter she's 7 but she has thin edges by nature I would like to thicken and grow them would this challenge be appropriate for her or no?

I don't see why not but if you want, you can also check out the Children's Hair Care Discussion Board. You might find some additional help tips in there. A lot of the mom's are in there discussing various haircare tips for their kids.

However, you can still pick up a few tidbits in here as well but I would be a wee bit cautious as some of the products we use may not be suitable for a 7 year old. For example, some of the essential oils we use may be too strong for her.

We are still glad to have you and I'm sure some other mom's are in here that can help you with your DD's hair.

Aggie

Its called Surge Ultra Max. They don't make it anymore. When I discovered it I bought a lot of jars for my grandmother and me. Once they discontinued it I sent all but one jar to her because it really helped her. I'm just using up the last of that jar.

Oh snaps!!! Girl I was so excited when I saw this because I remember how good it was. Anyhoo, excitement over and back to my ingestibles...:grin:.

LaidBak

Oh snaps!!! Girl I was so excited when I saw this because I remember how good it was. Anyhoo, excitement over and back to my ingestibles...:grin:.

It broke my heart when they quit making it. It was the perfect growth aide; it didn't stink, it actually worked, and it didn't stain my pillows.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
@LaidBak now that you mentioned pillows....I need dig up some old raggedy ones I don't use anymore once I start applying the sulfur. I can't be staining up my good sheets....no ma'am :nono:

mstokes2008

I received my Sulfur Growth Essentials--Rosemary Pomade Sample Size in Vanilla today!!! I am so excited!!! Shipping was extremely quick and everything was so personalized. There was a really nice thank you card inside that was handwritten. The Pomade Shop made a very good 1st impression on me. I really hope I like the sulfur pomade. Will post a review after I use it for awhile.

I've also been taking 4,000mg of MSM a day. 2,000 in the morning and 2,000 at night.

Last edited:

Lita

I received my Sulfur Growth Essentials--Rosemary Pomade Sample Size in Vanilla today!!! I am so excited!!! Shipping was extremely quick and everything was so personalized. There was a really nice thank you card inside that was handwritten. The Pomade Shop made a very good 1st impression on me. I really hope I like the sulfur pomade. Will post a review after I use it for awhile.

mstokes2008 Yes,shipping was quick & I love the personal card that was inside..GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE...

I used it today for the first time/a little goes long way..Will keep you posted...Smell is awesome...

Happy Hair Growing!

My Friend

LaidBak
What are the ingredients?