SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

LifeafterLHCF

bajandoc86 awesome beauty queen. I will take a pic tomorrow since it's wash day. I'm excited let us pray this was worth the trip on Amazon.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Onhergrind09

Sulphur mixed with HTGE is still working well for me, no dandruff in sight and it's been helping me grow my edges back after they got assaulted by a braider a few months ago.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
:curtain: Hey ladies! This thread has been kind of buried due to the NJoy thread (those ladies are using the specific recipe that NJoy uses), but I am still using my sulfur oil regularly. Have you all transferred to the other thread, or no?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Massaged in the last bit of my sulfur oil to my whole scalp, and then used JBCO on my hairline. Tomorrow I will seep some yummy herbs into castor oil for the base of a new sulfur mix.

pelohello & lamaria211 Some people have used it in the past, but haven't reported back about their results...

blackberry815

I started doing this in the 2011 challenge but I stopped because I didn't want to cowash my hair everyday... anyone using sulfure and not cowashing it out daily... I made my mix and applied to my entire scalp again last night and want to start back up again with this...wearing wigs should help me with this atleast from week 7 to week 12.. I have my plastic cap under my wig now..

longhairdreaming

Added more castor oil and peppermint oil to the mix now the smell is barely there. I've also been baggying every night with the mix...so far so good.

longhairdreaming

blackberry815 said:
I started doing this in the 2011 challenge but I stopped because I didn't want to cowash my hair everyday... anyone using sulfure and not cowashing it out daily... I made my mix and applied to my entire scalp again last night and want to start back up again with this...wearing wigs should help me with this atleast from week 7 to week 12.. I have my plastic cap under my wig now..

I don't cowash daily either. I still shampoo one a week and cowash midweek(or as the mood strikes me).

KaramelDiva1978

I want to hang in there but this starting to dry my hair out.... wondering if I should go back to moisturizing daily.

Definitely you should moisturize daily if not twice a day to combat the drying effect of the oil. I actually upped my moisture and sealing and have had no ill effects. Try it before you give up on the sulphur mix.

blackberry815

I don't cowash daily either. I still shampoo one a week and cowash midweek(or as the mood strikes me).

@blackberry815 I don't cowash daily; I haven't changed my wash regimen at all since I
started using sulfur oil.

Massaged my oil in last night.

longhairdreaming NappyNelle; thanks ladies, that's good to know. Is there really a need to oil every night if we're not co-washing it out daily? I didn't oil last night cuz my scalp was still pretty oily from the night before..