Sulfur Mix/oil Mix 2016 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair today with Cream of Nature shampoo and did a quick dc with Kerastase Therapiste. Both products smell soooo good.

I am not using anything on my scalp until Tuesday, but I will moisturize tonight.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
I'm in!!...already oiling + massaging 3 x week so won't be a biggie:yay:

Current length : half an inch all over (post BC end Oct 2015)

Goal length : SL by end 2016

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain : PS 6-8weeks at a time
Will use my Doo Gro oil 3x weekly (might add sulphur powder to it)
Will invert once weekly for 3- 5min at a time

Aggie

Oh yeah, I'm joining. I'll be oiling my scalp using Pomade Shop Peppermint Pomade every other day . I have a huge 8oz. jar to use up. I might use just a little NJoy oil in between. Not sure...not a fan of the scent like that. Doesnt' stink, but after a while I can smell the sulfur.

Post a starting pic: Starting pic is my avatar.

Tell us your starting length: about 11 inches throughout my hair (BSB)

Tell us your goal length: MBL (2015) by next year. I want to grow/retain three inches by this time next year. This will put my at 14"/MBL.

State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Natural

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain: Protective style in twists and updos like I always do.

@Aggie the Hawwaiian Plumeria smells very nice....just like flowers. It's a stronger scent imo, whereas the vanilla is light. I have a huge jar of the peppermint pomade in regular peppermint scent that I will be using for this challenge. I am not sure if I want to use the NJoy oil, even though I had good results with it when she first came out with it a couple years ago. The smell is bearable with her oil...but after a while I can still smell it. I want to go to bed w/my man smelling nice...not slightly funky or funny. :look:
@Froreal3, lol girl i know what you mean all too well. Thanks so mch for the review. I sure hope @NJoy did not alter her formula. I would be very disappointed.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So @Prettymetty, which Kerastase masks do you have and how do they perform in your honest opinion?
Kerastase Therapiste is a repairing mask that smells fantastic. It is thick and a quarter size is all I usually need. Once I rinse it my hair is strong and easy to detangle. It gives my hair a nice shine too.

Kerastase Oleo Relax mask is another thick smoothing mask. I use it in the shower and it stretches my roots without weighing them down. I have the small 75ml size and I've had it for months. Their masks are super concentrated.

Kerastase Chroma Riche is the best smelling mask in my opinion. It smells sweet and luxurious. This masks melts into my strands and gives incredible slip and shine (for color treated hair).

Kerastase Elixir Ultime did nothing for me. Other than the great smell it was a big waste of money. It just sits on my hair and after I rinse it my hair seems more tangled. I have only used it twice and I had buildup. I will try again on clarified hair before I toss it.

Kerastase Ampli Ciment is a strengthening mask for fine hair. It's thin and creamy. This mask gives me volume and softness. This one got discontinued, but a member sent this to me along with 2 other Kerastase conditioners (one from the Nutri line and one from the Force Architect line). She also sent me Elixir Ultime serum which I loved, Initialiste scalp treatment and a leave in spray.

Nutri Thermique mask and Maskeratine are on my wishlist. If you go to the Kerastase website you can try the travel size masks for $20. Keep in mind that small size will last months. They also give you free samples (your choice) with each purchase.

Aggie

Kerastase Therapiste is a repairing mask that smells fantastic. It is thick and a quarter size is all I usually need. Once I rinse it my hair is strong and easy to detangle. It gives my hair a nice shine too.

Kerastase Oleo Relax mask is another thick smoothing mask. I use it in the shower and it stretches my roots without weighing them down. I have the small 75ml size and I've had it for months. Their masks are super concentrated.

Kerastase Chroma Riche is the best smelling mask in my opinion. It smells sweet and luxurious. This masks melts into my strands and gives incredible slip and shine (for color treated hair).

Kerastase Elixir Ultime did nothing for me. Other than the great smell it was a big waste of money. It just sits on my hair and after I rinse it my hair seems more tangled. I have only used it twice and I had buildup. I will try again on clarified hair before I toss it.

Kerastase Ampli Ciment is a strengthening mask for fine hair. It's thin and creamy. This mask gives me volume and softness. This one got discontinued, but a member sent this to me along with 2 other Kerastase conditioners (one from the Nutri line and one from the Force Architect line). She also sent me Elixir Ultime serum which I loved, Initialiste scalp treatment and a leave in spray.

Nutri Thermique mask and Maskeratine are on my wishlist. If you go to the Kerastase website you can try the travel size masks for $20. Keep in mind that small size will last months. They also give you free samples (your choice) with each purchase.
Wow @Prettymetty, this was an awesome review. Thank you so much. I will definitely look into some of these masks you use especially the one for fine hair and the chroma riche for the slip. I love slippy conditioners and treatments.

ETA: Have you tried any of their shampoos and if so, how do you feel they work for you? I never give a whole lot of thought to shampoos because I hardly use them but if they make the masks work really well, then I'd want to use them.

Last edited:

Aggie

@Aggie I have tried the Therapiste, Elixir Ultime and Chroma Riche shampoos. You really have to emulsify to get a good lather. I'm not a big fan of their poos. I use cheapies like Cream of Nature and Suave.
Oh okay. Thanks hun. I didnt want to miss out if they worked better together. Ok I'll use my existing poos then. I like and own all Elucence poos and they all work well for me but sometimes I just like to try something different, you know? I tend to buy small poos anyway so they wont last forever except my Elucence which are all huge bottles. All others are small bottles.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I found a use for my Elixir Ultime mask. It didn't work for me as a dc, but when I add aloe vera juice it is a great leave in.

I will oil my scalp with lg once I get home. Are any of you using a baggy after you oil your scalp?

Aggie

I found a use for my Elixir Ultime mask. It didn't work for me as a dc, but when I add aloe vera juice it is a great leave in.

I will oil my scalp with lg once I get home. Are any of you using a baggy after you oil your scalp?
Yes but it makes scrunch noises while turning in my sleep so I use a stocking cap right over it to reduce the noise and a satin cap on top. Plus, I don't want the oil in my pillows so this works for that as well.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I oiled my scalp with liquid gold today. I've been using it for almost 2 months and I'm only halfway through the bottle. I probably won't have to buy another bottle until January

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Starting length: About 2 inches from waist length (middle is about midback length)
Goal length: Waist length for the middle, close to HL for the rest
State of hair: Natural

Plan: Using sulfur oil mix every other night. Nightly scalp massages with apricot oil in between. Doing the inversion method for 1 week a month. Moisturizing and sealing ends as needed. Drinking more water, working out, eating better.